06-30-12, 02:15 AM   #1
sinaloe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Testing some addons

Hi.

I have tested some of my favorite addons with WoW 5.0.1 (15799) x64:

Healbot 4.3.2.0
Message: Interface\AddOns\HealBot\HealBot_Panel.lua:693: attempt to call global 'GetNumRaidMembers' (a nil value)
option window opens

VuhDo 2.138
Message: Interface\FrameXML\UIPanelTemplates.lua:500: C stack overflow
Message: ...rface\AddOns\VuhDo\VuhDoPlayerTargetEventHandler.lua:68: attempt to call upvalue 'VUHDO_updateBouquetsForEvent' (a nil value)
Message: Interface\FrameXML\UIPanelTemplates.lua:500: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'cursorOffset' (a nil value)
... and many more

Omen 3.1.6
Message: Interface\AddOns\Omen\Omen.lua:1284: attempt to call upvalue 'GetNumPartyMembers' (a nil value)
Message: Interface\FrameXML\UIPanelTemplates.lua:500: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'cursorOffset' (a nil value)
... and many more

Recount r1197
Message: Interface\AddOns\Recount\LazySync.lua:41: attempt to call global 'GetNumRaidMembers' (a nil value)

Quartz 3.0.8
Message: Interface\AddOns\Quartz\modules\Swing.lua:44: table index is nil

Decursive 2.7.0.5
/dcrshow opens bar for priority/ignoring
interface/addons/decursive: all option panels are empty

None is working but thats no surprise. I will check the authors websites for MoP versions.

06-30-12, 02:42 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
All of those errors are 100% expected given the specific API changes that have already been posted here:

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=43091

Once addon authors start testing/updating for the beta, they will publish a version that's actually meant for users (rather than authors themselves) to test on the beta server, and ask for feedback and bug reports. Until they start doing that, though, there's not really much point in loading random addons and posting forum threads with a bunch of random errors.

Finally, "error compilations" like this tend to be very annoying for addon authors to try to keep track of... if you're getting an error or other problem with an addon, the order of priority for reporting generally goes something like this:

+ Ticket tracker for the addon (awesome!)
-
-
-
+ Comment page for the addon (good, but only if there's no ticket tracker)
+ Official forum thread for the addon (good, but only if there's no ticket tracker)
-
-
+ Unofficial forum thread for the addon (okay, but if only if there's nothing better)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
+ New random forum thread (not very good, but okay if there's really nothing better)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
+ New random forum thread with multiple problems from multiple addons (bad)

06-30-12, 02:33 PM   #3
Jeslis
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Heyas, since this might be the place.. and might not.. I have a question

Im basically looking to get an addon picked up by *someone* for MoP.. this addon has worked for almost 2 years without updates.. and hopefully only needs a small update..

If I could be directed to where best to ask this, that would be appreciated...

I did post in the addon comments (the author hasnt been there for ages)...
Im not sure how to do tickets for the addon.. but I assume it would only go to said MIA author

A copy paste of forum posts I made on curse/mmochamp:

An addon similar to, or addon author to update http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/shotwatch (aka Watcher)

This addon is very similar to coolline, sexycooldown, fortexorcist --- with a big exception.
- When skills come off CD/debuffs fade, the pictures of said skills do not disappear, and are stacked in a priority system YOU set up.

This addon works in live atm (there is an issue with a display text, which can be disabled)
It does not work in MoP beta

if anyone has any ideas on how to GET this updated, that would be appreciated as well.. but I don't do programming/lua .. its beyond me Lol.

Last edited by Jeslis : 06-30-12 at 02:36 PM.

06-30-12, 02:47 PM   #4
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Start by getting the alpha of Ace3 with some MoP Beta fixes.

Replace the relevant libraries in Watcher\Libs subfolder.
Try running it again.
If you don't have lua errors enabled in the game settings, enable them. (or get an error reporting addon like BugGrabber+Bugsack)

If you get errors when trying to run the addon, post back with those.
Making a ticket with a detailed report on the project site is never wasted, as if another author tries to fix it that's the first place they'll check.

06-30-12, 03:01 PM   #5
Jeslis
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Im sorry - the ace 3 site has always been a bit confusing to me. Should I be downloading the most recent revision from that right hand column?

"Start by getting the alpha of Ace3 with some MoP Beta fixes.

Replace the relevant libraries in Watcher\Libs subfolder.
Try running it again."

With regards to replacing the libraries -- Will those be in the ace folder/addon I download, and I simply replace what I can from there?

(libs in the watcher addon folder -- if this is useful info ? not sure.
aceaddon 3.0
aceconfig 3.0
aceconsole 3.0
acedb 3.0
aceevent 3.0
aceGUI 3.0
Acelocale 3.0
Acetimer 3.0
Callbackhandler 1.0
Libaboutpanel
libsharedmedia 3.0
Libstub

edit: Just thought Id throw this out there -- : http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/shotwatch/tickets/
Open tickets from 2010.. No one is looking at this addon.

Last edited by Jeslis : 06-30-12 at 03:07 PM.

06-30-12, 03:17 PM   #6
Jeslis
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Tried what I thought you said above -- not sure if I was supposed to run the ace3 as an addon, or just cannablize the libs for watcher

Error recieved:

Message: Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Core.lua:415: attempt to call global 'GetActiveTalentGroup' (a nil value)
Time: 06/30/12 14:16:02
Count: 1
Stack: Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Core.lua:415: in function `SwitchTalents'
Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Core.lua:221: in function <Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Core.lua:210>
(tail call): ?
[C]: ?
[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:5>
...ce\AddOns\Watcher\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:514: in function `InitializeAddon'
...ce\AddOns\Watcher\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:629: in function <...ce\AddOns\Watcher\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:621>

Locals: <none>

06-30-12, 09:26 PM   #7
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Jeslis View Post
Tried what I thought you said above -- not sure if I was supposed to run the ace3 as an addon, or just cannablize the libs for watcher

Error recieved:

Message: Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Core.lua:415: attempt to call global 'GetActiveTalentGroup' (a nil value)
Time: 06/30/12 14:16:02
Stack: Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Core.lua:415: in function `SwitchTalents'
Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Core.lua:221: in function <Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Core.lua:210>
[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:5>
...ce\AddOns\Watcher\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:514: in function `InitializeAddon'
...ce\AddOns\Watcher\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:629: in function <...ce\AddOns\Watcher\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:621>

Open Watcher\core.lua in a text editor and replace GetActiveTalentGroup() with GetActiveSpecGroup()

Might be you're in luck and there's no more changes needed, or else you'll get a new error.
Check here for hints to renamed or changed functions if you get a new error after making this replacement.

Last edited by Dridzt : 06-30-12 at 09:29 PM.

06-30-12, 10:23 PM   #8
Jeslis
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
New error -- the *Count* was SPAMMING higher by about 30 a second.. if this matters.

Looking over that hint file thing now... I have.. no idea what Im looking for, -- both in this *error*... what am I even looking to replace? >.> I'm very sorry for how useless I am on this, but all help is greatly appreciated.

Message: Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Core.lua:552: Division by zero
Time: 06/30/12 21:21:42
Count: 288
Stack: Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Core.lua:552: in function <Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Core.lua:544>

Locals: (*temporary) = <table> {
defaults = <table> {
}
DotThreshold = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\update.lua:364
sounds = <table> {
}
CancelTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:311
AimedShot = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\hunter.lua:64
ShowHideFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:1404
dir = <table> {
}
GetSeventhshowraidboss2 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:2534
SetFont = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:2599
SetLabelCol = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:1719
GetShowCombat = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:1430
SetDefaults = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Core.lua:58
Get2Keybind2 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:2139
ScheduleTimer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:276
SetFifthPriority = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:2360
GetFont = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:2611
SetSeventhPriority2 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:2499
SetThirdshowraidboss2 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:2566
SetSeventhshowraidboss2 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:2538
ShowBarText = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:1253
SetRipCombo = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:1676
db = <table> {
}
GetFifthPriority2 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:2475
SetSegmentSize = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:1946
SetLabel21 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:1849
GetSeventhPriority2 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:2495
swingtype = 0
GetThirdshowraidboss2 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:2562
GetFifthPriority = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:2356
SetLabel6 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:1831
Activateaxis = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:1896
scan = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Core.lua:395
SetFifthPriority2 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:2479
GetSegmentSize = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:1479
GetLabel21 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:1527
unbindkeys2 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:2253
GetLabel23 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:1535
SetBar2Col = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:1743
SetLabel24 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:1867
UNIT_ENTERED_VEHICLE = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Core.lua:432
AddPriorityTable = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:1219
ActivateShowRaid = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:1379
SetLabel23 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:1861
GetBar8Col = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:1621
GetSecondshowraidboss = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:2306
offset = 0
Set4Keybind1 = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:2028
GetBar2Col = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:1591
GetOptions = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Options.lua:67
name = "Watcher"
Direct = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\spell_functions.lua:52
Disable = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:330
CreatePriorityFrame = <funct

Last edited by Jeslis : 06-30-12 at 10:25 PM.

07-01-12, 11:14 AM   #9
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

1. When you post errors try to enclose them in [code]long error text here[/code] tags (highlight the text and press the icon at the editor)

2. Repeat the work you've already done (replacing Ace3 libs with the newest versions + replacing the GetActiveTalentGroup() with GetActiveSpecGroup() in the 2 occurences) but for the newest alpha version found here - r46 at the time I'm posting this.

3. For the last error you've posted try finding the offending line in core.lua (it will be a different line number for r46).
It will read something like this
Code:
self.health = UnitHealth("target")/UnitHealthMax("target")
Replace it with
Code:
if UnitExists("target") then
end
Save and try running the addon again

07-01-12, 03:54 PM   #10
Jeslis
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Over on the MMO champ forums - someone had me do.. almost the same thing as you just recomended:

Can't figure out how to configure it to see if it's actually working or not, but replacing
Code:
at line 552 in core.lua with
Code:
	if UnitHealth("target") ~= 0 then
			else self.health = 0
			end
makes it stop throwing errors.
I did NOT re-replace the ace3 libs.. simply kept the same folder that I updated with yesterday.. and it does appear to be working.

edit: - I just noticed on a re:read here... you were saying to use R46 of shotwatch instead of the version Im using -- r46 has issues/conflicts on live.. the .. author? posted that up there a long time ago, and I got spammed with errors, forcing me to use a previous version... I haven't seen an update to it yet... Let me know if I should follow up on this for mop, or if its ok to continue to use the version I have with the above code update (which is working on beta atm)

There is an old display glitch (been in there for a year on live), that may or may not still be there.. but I can simply disable the numerical display and use it without that.

On that note.. I think -- Thank you (and him) for the help.. I assume that.. unless they put in more code changes, this should work on MOP live?

And of course.. lastly.. if you know of anyone who actually wants to pick up this addon and maintain.. or at least actually push this as an update on curse.. please point them at it!

((I will keep this forum open on my browser for a bit longer just in case more is needed or you have any questions for me))

Last edited by Jeslis : 07-01-12 at 03:57 PM.

07-01-12, 04:22 PM   #11
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Over on the MMO champ forums - someone had me do.. almost the same thing as you just recomended:
(mmo-champ crosspost for reference)

07-01-12, 05:15 PM   #12
Jeslis
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ah.. sorry.. I thought cross linking threads was generally frowned upon.. apologies if I should have linked to that.

07-01-12, 05:21 PM   #13
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Ah.. sorry.. I thought cross linking threads was generally frowned upon.. apologies if I should have linked to that.
No worries. I just tend to do this. I have no idea what other people think about "cross linking threads"

07-02-12, 11:33 AM   #14
Jeslis
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Error when in a raid, altho Im not sure if its actually preventing the mod from working:

Code:
Message: Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Core.lua:399: attempt to call global 'GetNumRaidMembers' (a nil value)
Time: 07/02/12 10:32:12
Stack: Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Core.lua:399: in function `scan'
Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Core.lua:355: in function `?'
...her\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147: in function <...her\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147>
[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:4>
[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:13: in function `?'
...her\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:92: in function `Fire'
...ce\AddOns\Watcher\Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:120: in function <...ce\AddOns\Watcher\Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>

07-02-12, 11:39 AM   #15
Jeslis
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Error targeting someone in raid

Code:
Message: Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Core.lua:399: attempt to call global 'GetNumRaidMembers' (a nil value)
Time: 07/02/12 10:39:06
Count: 11
Stack: Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Core.lua:399: in function `scan'
Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Core.lua:355: in function `?'
...her\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147: in function <...her\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147>
[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:4>
[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:13: in function `?'
...her\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:92: in function `Fire'
...ce\AddOns\Watcher\Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:120: in function <...ce\AddOns\Watcher\Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>
[C]: in function `CameraOrSelectOrMoveStop'
[string "CAMERAORSELECTORMOVE"]:4: in function <[string "CAMERAORSELECTORMOVE"]:1>

07-02-12, 07:23 PM   #16
Phanx
Cat.

GetNumRaidMembers has been renamed to GetNumGroupMembers.

You should check this thread for a list of obvious renames and changes:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=43091

07-02-12, 07:49 PM   #17
Jeslis
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Just to make sure I understand -- any error (thats obviously referring to ONE specific function) -- I should check that thread, and find & replace the code listed?

And doing find/replace on that did fix it - ty!

Last edited by Jeslis : 07-02-12 at 08:00 PM.

07-20-12, 01:02 PM   #18
Jeslis
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I seem to be having a problem with the addon tracking my OWN aura (Debuffs), serpent sting.

Is there another naming change on something regarding checking auras owners that I need to change within the lua of this addon?

edit: never mind @ above.. seems to be ok..

Dif error:

Message: Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:221: Usage: GameTooltip:SetUnit("unit"[, hideStatus])
Time: 07/20/12 12:34:35
Count: 12
Stack: [C]: in function `SetUnit'
Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:221: in function `UnitFrame_UpdateTooltip'
Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:208: in function <Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:195>

Locals: (*temporary) = GameTooltip {
0 = <userdata>
numMoneyFrames = 1
default = 1
hasMoney = 1
comparing = false
updateTooltip = 0.015999990329146
shoppingTooltips = <table> {
}
}
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
Not sure if this is my addon related, or something else.. Appears to be when I mouseover raid frames.

Last edited by Jeslis : 07-20-12 at 01:36 PM.

07-29-12, 02:47 PM   #19
Jeslis
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Code:
Message: Interface\AddOns\Watcher\druid.lua:63: table index is nil
Time: 07/29/12 13:42:41
Stack: Interface\AddOns\Watcher\druid.lua:63: in function `FF'
Interface\AddOns\Watcher\druid.lua:26: in function `addClassSpells'
Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Core.lua:200: in function `SetDefaults'
Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Core.lua:213: in function <Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Core.lua:210>
...\AddOns\EavesDrop\libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:514: in function `InitializeAddon'
...\AddOns\EavesDrop\libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:629: in function <...\AddOns\EavesDrop\libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:621>

Beta issue with same addon (Watcher) -- for druid

Any assistance greatly appreciated..

I did try to look for aceaddon in the beta list here (coulda sworn I saw it).. but no luck.

07-29-12, 07:21 PM   #20
Phanx
Cat.

I did try to look for aceaddon in the beta list here (coulda sworn I saw it).. but no luck.
The error message you posted has nothing to do with the AceAddon-3.0 library; the lib is only mentioned because the addon uses it. The error is probably caused by the addon trying to do something with a spell/buff that no longer exists in MoP.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » MoP Beta archived threads » Testing some addons