04-10-13, 04:39 PM   #1
Mardread
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Quest Lag

I am doing the dailies on isle of thunder and my carbonite is eating memory causing lag spikes in fps. At one point, the carbonite.quests module was using 23 MB of memory. It is extremely noticeable. I am running a 680GTX and have no issues running WoW at all, so there seems to be an issue here and it appeared with the latest update, beta 9 and patch 1.

Other than that, it is working very well. Thank you for all your hard work.

04-10-13, 06:31 PM   #2
anteract
Premium Member
Premium Member
Alpha 9 R 1 Memory Leak

Not gonna get all dramatic like ^^ but there is a memory leak.

Doing nothing, staring off into space, my memory used by Carbonite is slowly increasing. 11.12Mb to 11.81Mb in just the time it took to type this out.

04-10-13, 06:38 PM   #3
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
it fixes itself when garbage collection happens, it's from blizzards strsplit function... trying to find an alternative to it

04-10-13, 06:46 PM   #4
Mardread
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
it fixes itself when garbage collection happens, it's from blizzards strsplit function... trying to find an alternative to it
I know it corrects itself and I can dump it manually. Its the lag that is the problem. Thanks again Rythal, the new module works very well on top of that issue and I have had no problems at all following quests in all the areas.

04-11-13, 07:29 AM   #5
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
I may have it figured out... was only able to test on my test account (was skipping raid to work on it :P), but Nx.Quest never went above 7.5, and Carbonie never went above 5M of usage

I replaced blizzards strsplit with my own that caches the return in a weak table

04-11-13, 03:23 PM   #6
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
update on it... seems to be working in some places, and not in others... my memory usage is under control everywhere except shrine / vale, where it skyrockets rapidly ... noticed some small bugs I need to get at, but memory / lag is still priority.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest Lag