10-01-12, 08:05 AM   #21
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Be proud Faatal and Haavok, as everyone can see you've created one of the most loved World of Warcraft addons ever, that's a beautiful thing. You're addon-heroes in my eyes, even though I haven't been using the addon as much as others. Hopefully you feel good about this decision of letting it go and see where it heads from now on, this beast of an addon you've created.

Good luck and safe travels!

10-01-12, 08:20 AM   #22
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I would like to add my thanks to fataal and Haavok (and the unnamed third original developer) for all they have done to help us enjoy playing World of Warcraft.

Hey, go live your lives. Enjoy life while you can, my friends, because it is entirely too short not to.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

10-01-12, 10:02 AM   #23
Xcari
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thank you so much. Our family has used and supported Carbonite since the days it was a paid add on. Faatal and Haavok, thank you for allowing it be free/donation supported over these subsequent years. And thank you for releasing the project to Rythal, so it will continue to flourish. Time changes many things in our lives, and our family wishes both of you and your families and loved ones health and happiness, and the good memories of a job well done!

10-01-12, 10:14 AM   #24
Zarggg
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Haavok & Faatal:

I know I don't say much, but used Carbonite for the bulk of my days in Wrath and Cata. I don't know much about either of you personally, but I do recognize your right to move on from this game. I'm glad that you decided to release the code for this addon to the community so that those who enjoy it can continue using it to their benefit. I wish you luck in your careers.

Thanks as well to Rythal for taking up the flag as the "unofficial" (or is it actually official?) maintainer for future updates.

10-01-12, 10:24 AM   #25
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Zarggg View Post
Haavok & Faatal:

I know I don't say much, but used Carbonite for the bulk of my days in Wrath and Cata. I don't know much about either of you personally, but I do recognize your right to move on from this game. I'm glad that you decided to release the code for this addon to the community so that those who enjoy it can continue using it to their benefit. I wish you luck in your careers.

Thanks as well to Rythal for taking up the flag as the "unofficial" (or is it actually official?) maintainer for future updates.
It's official

10-01-12, 11:15 AM   #26
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Yes thanks a lot guys, and thanks for doing this as you leave. Good luck out there

10-01-12, 02:12 PM   #27
S@thi
A Theradrim Guardian

Thanks for everything you have done for the WoW Community using this amazing addon.
I'm glad to see Carbonite will live on in the near future.
Original authors: thanks for creating a amazing addon..
Carbonite has become a must have for me.. without it my WoW feels incomplete.

Rythal: I wish you good luck in updating / fixing the addon.
Also I wish you lots of positive spirits and energy.

Thanks gents!

Irene

10-01-12, 03:27 PM   #28
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I'd like to echo the thanks to Faatal and Haavok. They created an outstanding addon, one that many Wow players, including me, have found essential over the years. Now that other things are taking priority in their lives, passing the torch is the right thing to do. So thanks for your hard work in the past, and thanks for passing the torch, and thanks to Rythal for picking it up!

10-01-12, 06:44 PM   #29
davie261
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I too thank you for all you have done for the WoW community, giving us one of the best addons ever and now passing it on to the community to keep it alive. Carbonite will live on and I will be donating to Rythal for his hard work in the future.

10-02-12, 07:23 AM   #30
Gashara
A Murloc Raider
I would like to add my thanks as well. Not only for all you've done to increase the fun I have playing WoW, but also for not letting your wonderful creation die

10-02-12, 07:23 AM   #31
Khalipso
A Murloc Raider
/bow

faatal and Haavok: thank you can't be said enough. it's pretty obvious how we all feel about carbonite! the convenience factor alone is more than worth it. it's definitely one of the first add ons i update each patch/xpac. and thank you for allowing someone else to take the reigns and continue your work. it would make me, as well as many others, very very sad to have to go on without carbonite. i wish you well and God Bless you and yours. ><>

Rythal: thank you for stepping up and taking on this massive project. i was about to start searching for a hopefully halfway decent "replacement" for carbonite. but now that i know someone is working on an update i'm more than happy to wait.

10-02-12, 11:48 AM   #32
MadmayNM
A Kobold Labourer
Thanks for your great addon!

Thanks again for the great addon and all the work to make it so. I will miss this addon if it totally fades away.

10-02-12, 01:10 PM   #33
Adamsdad
A Kobold Labourer
Thanks for finally letting us know whats going on but I do have 1 question tho...I never "donated" but for the people that have "donated" reciently are you going to refund their money because you have decided not to update a product for which they have paid for? I'm sure there are players out there that are wondering the same thing.

10-02-12, 02:03 PM   #34
mjumnito
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Adamsdad View Post
Thanks for finally letting us know whats going on but I do have 1 question tho...I never "donated" but for the people that have "donated" reciently are you going to refund their money because you have decided not to update a product for which they have paid for? I'm sure there are players out there that are wondering the same thing.
to be honest, they could have just kept the code (and your money) and never looked back. IMO just be grateful that they let the code go so it could have a proper update. Of those of us that did "Donate" i dont consider it lost/stolen as i was still able to use it albeit a gimped version . Still well worth the money

Also Rythal is not the original author, he just took over after getting the source GPL'd. Faatal and Haavok have quit and passed the torch to another

Last edited by mjumnito : 10-02-12 at 02:05 PM.

10-02-12, 02:25 PM   #35
Temptress
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thank you

I want to thank Haavok and Fataal for all the time and effort they put into Carbonite, for releasing the code and allowing Rythal to carry on the project (we) the Wow community hold so dear. We wish you success in all future endeavors.

Rythal thank you for time and contributions to Carbonite; I'm not a programmer but you have my support.

Long live "Carbonite"

Sincerely
Temptress @ Feathermoon

10-02-12, 02:44 PM   #36
Temptress
A Fallenroot Satyr
I recently donated to the original authors and Rythal i don't consider it lost monies; I'm just thankful they allowed Rythal to continue the work.

10-02-12, 04:13 PM   #37
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Thank you for being honest about not being a donator. Those who donate have or should have done so with the knowledge that they aren't expecting anything (especially in the future), thus why it is a donation and not a paid subscription or paying for the addon. I myself was/am a donor to Carbonite and I shadow the feelings of others, no money lost/stolen and I donated with the intent to thank them for all their hard work they have put into the project previously.

You are a player (user sounds bad, but is the technical term) and there is nothing wrong with that and I am sure players are wondering about the same question. Donors, I'm not sure if they are wondering it - there certainly has been enough talk about it that they should all be aware of what the donation was.

10-02-12, 07:57 PM   #38
Pennet
An Aku'mai Servant
I just want to add my thanks to Faatal and Haavok, both for the work they've done in the past, and for opening the source of this up. It was the right thing to do, from my standpoint. I was a donator in the distant past, and I can say without a doubt I got far, far more than my money's worth out of Carbonite over the years.

Thanks again.

10-03-12, 04:33 PM   #39
shadow78
A Cliff Giant
Grats to Rythal.

any word if carbonite will be updated at curse also?

To Faatal and Haavok wish you guys the best of luck.
kind of sad to see you leave but it understandable.

10-03-12, 08:22 PM   #40
Crashguth
A Kobold Labourer
Smile Thanks

OK... Great thanks to you guys for putting out THE BEST quest tracker I have found in the years since i started using it, 3-4 year at least (been playing since vanilla)

my question is where can I follow the work to be done on it web page or anything ?
again thank you sooo much for your efforts

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 5.041 Source Released