07-18-06, 12:55 PM   #21
Reticulum
A Kobold Labourer
Lightbulb Patch 1.11 edits

< removed >

Your one warning: Don't post instructions on this site telling people how to break Blizzard's rules. Thanks. - Cairenn

Last edited by Cairenn : 07-18-06 at 11:30 PM.
07-18-06, 01:41 PM   #22
dafire
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
you will just probably get banned for it if they ever let warden check your files ;9
07-18-06, 07:21 PM   #23
Logdan
A Black Drake
You should know Reticulum that warden does .mpq consistency checks during execution.
07-18-06, 08:11 PM   #24
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
For info, model replacement has been categorically stated as being a big "no no". They deliberately broke the "easy" way of doing it recently. The "less easy" way of doing it is very easily checked on their end. Anyone doing it runs the very real risk of being banned.

Also please note that giving directions explaining how to be able to continue to do it will get you removed from this site, as well.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

Last edited by Cairenn : 07-18-06 at 11:28 PM.
10-17-06, 08:57 AM   #25
thisguycory
A Kobold Labourer
I am trying to change my daggers, but the graphics I wanna change them to aren't in MWS. Do I have to find the skins for these? Or am I S.O.L?
10-17-06, 09:46 AM   #26
dafire
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
To change your daggers put the old one in your bag and equip the other one.

For changing skin, read the post above yours again.
10-28-06, 09:24 PM   #27
Hojoeflow
A Kobold Labourer
Unhappy yyeeaahh. not working

Um, yeah see, whats happening is i'm doing everything right for the wolf/raptor change but it when i try and run WoW it gives me this evver message saying "Failed to open archive model.MPQ: The system cannot find the file specified." What do i do?
10-28-06, 10:24 PM   #28
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Hojoeflow
Um, yeah see, whats happening is i'm doing everything right for the wolf/raptor change but it when i try and run WoW it gives me this evver message saying "Failed to open archive model.MPQ: The system cannot find the file specified." What do i do?
*Repeats herself*

Originally Posted by Cairenn
For info, model replacement has been categorically stated as being a big "no no". They deliberately broke the "easy" way of doing it recently. The "less easy" way of doing it is very easily checked on their end. Anyone doing it runs the very real risk of being banned.

Also please note that giving directions explaining how to be able to continue to do it will get you removed from this site, as well.
03-26-07, 09:34 PM   #29
DreamRose311
A Kobold Labourer
I know its been made so that you can't do this anymore, but the reason I was looking for it is I have a sort of spider phobia and was hoping to be able to change them to look like one of the other monsters in the game. Is there anyway that I can still do this without making Blizzard angry? I understand that the creators of Blizzard worked very hard on this game and don't want people changing their product, but it would be much easier to play if I didn't have to avoid spider quests or be careful of where I run in certain areas. I'll understand if theres another giant resounding no, but needed to ask because I've been searching for how to do this for a while now. Thank you for your time...
03-26-07, 10:14 PM   #30
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Unfortunately, it is a no. This is the one situation where Blizz themselves wish it was possible, but they have no way of allowing it to work for this one situation while still blocking it for all the cheat purposes. Trust me, I've spoken with enough of their devs to know that they wish it could be otherwise as well. =/

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Changing Yourself?