01-27-11, 10:38 PM   #1
seress
A Defias Bandit
Another "I lost my minimap" issue

I just installed this for the first time tonight. It looks like an awesome map tool and I look forward to using it but I have already messed up the settings.

Originally when I installed it, there was a carbonite minimap and then of course when hitting, "m", the full size map comes up. So I was messing with transparency I believe and poof, the minimap was gone.

I've spent the past 2 hours trying to get it back but the only way I can even see the minimap is if I click the button to include the minimap in the regular map. Then when I mess with the transparency buttons, I can see the minimap shadow. Yet I cannot get the minimap to stay up on its own.

I tried uninstalling the resetting, unistalling, etc. I cannot get the minimap to dispay unless it's within the large map. Not even sure why they have an option to put the minimap within the large map because even with the transparency option, I can still see the outline of the large map.

Clear as mud? Probably. I don't feel like I have described the issue well at all but hopefully someone will have some insight or ask the right question.

Many thanks in advance.

01-27-11, 11:41 PM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
There is the carbonite map, which replaces the Blizzard map, and which may be minimized or maximized. Then there is the Blizzard minimap, which may or may not be docked inside the carbonite map. There is no carbonite minimap.

Try /carbonite resetwin, which should set everything to defaults and let you start over. If that doesn't work, delete the carbonite.lua and carbonite.lua.bak files from the wtf/ACCOUNT/<accountname>/SavedVariables and wtf/ACCOUNT/<accountname>/<realm>/<toonname>/SavedVariables folders.

01-28-11, 01:45 AM   #3
seress
A Defias Bandit
Okay, I have heard that explanation before but not sure I understand it. Nonetheless, I did try /carbonite resetwin, and there was no response or change. I installed it on my office computer and it works great. Not sure if I will be able to fix it.

I'm not very computer literate so your further instructions on removing files got me a little nervous. Not sue where these files are to begin with.

It's clear that a lot of time and resources has went into this interface so I don't want to get to frustrated early on. The interface is very customizable and with a little patience, it should work well.

01-28-11, 02:46 AM   #4
Jigain
A Molten Giant

The actual command is:

/carb resetwin

A little confusing, yeah, but /carb works whereas /carbonite doesn't. Try /carb resetwin and see if it helps.

01-28-11, 12:16 PM   #5
Chmee
A Molten Giant
My bad, sorry.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Another "I lost my minimap" issue