06-16-13, 09:22 AM   #1801
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Evabi View Post
Thrash is part of a "proper" single target feral rotation and is a DPS increase if used correctly. I would hate to see it removed from the tracking.

Please reference this this set or any of my other logs for verification of this statement: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-t2.../23/?s=0&e=514

Check the "Damage by Spell" tab and look at uptime percentages for Rip, Rake and Thrash.
Thanks for the data.

Originally Posted by high55555 View Post
No because I didn't update RealUI, all my tests was with v2. Now I use v4, don't know if the castbar bug is solved but I experienced a lot of lags while questing (without LUA errors). Screen freezes for a few secods, impossible to play at the moment. Can I update just with overwriting the Interface folder?

Edit: After restarting wow (just reload didn't work) the lags are gone. But I restartet wow because also the actionbars didn't work anymore. So don't know what this caused.

Regards
Interesting. Will keep this in mind.

Originally Posted by duhwhat View Post
Any suggestion for a non-pixel font that would work well with realui? I love the clean and organized look of a lot of suites, but they all use pixel fonts, which I find tiny and unreadable. And is using another font even possible, if you want to maintain the functionality of this suite?
The Standard font that comes with RealUI may look alright.

/realui > Appearance > Small Fonts
then: Appearance > Advanced Settings > Pixel (Small) > Set to Standard, Font Size 9 or 10, and OUTLINE
then: /rl

Originally Posted by Ordrosh View Post
a little bit of feedback for r8.0 beta 4 other than that its looking quite nice so far:
a) the thread module next to the target uf appears to be stuck at 65% when soloing or targeting myself, it appears to go up and down properly when I am out and about with a pet, though I do not know if it goes below 65% during that as stuff died to fast to notice properly

b) the little red dots next to the questobjectives are for atleast some quests show also up in the questname's line (see first screenshot)

c) the % sign in the infoline on the bottom isn't a percent but a division sign, though i don't know how a percent sign would look like with that small a font

d) with those big (in my opinion too big) icons for the classes main short term buffs, the shamans lightning shield doesnt have stacks anymore, at least for enhancement shamans

keep up the good work
a) Yeah, accidentally left test mode on the Threat module on
b) Thanks, will look into that.
c) Yeah, I decided to go with the division sign since the % sign didn't look as nice
d) Thanks.

06-16-13, 10:13 AM   #1802
shahad
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
It looks really great so far, but I think Demonology's Demonic Fury is easier to track as a bar personally.

Also, the center buff bar seems like an ideal place to display weapon enchant and trinket procs. A Soul Reaper CD tracker could also fit there as could a Mind Blast CD tracker or any tracker for spells with short CDs like that.

The cast bars don't seem to display ticks, which is a shame considering the previous release did.

Last edited by shahad : 06-16-13 at 10:26 AM.

06-16-13, 10:14 AM   #1803
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by shahad View Post
It looks really great so far, but I think Demonology's Demonic Fury is easier to track as a bar personally.
*nod* Actually got that planned for the future, but stuck in an icon for now as a temporary measure.

The cast bars don't seem to display ticks, which is a shame considering the previous release did.
They will in the future

Last edited by Nibelheim : 06-16-13 at 10:29 AM.

06-16-13, 10:39 AM   #1804
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Evabi View Post
Thrash is part of a "proper" single target feral rotation and is a DPS increase if used correctly. I would hate to see it removed from the tracking.

Please reference this this set or any of my other logs for verification of this statement: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-t2.../23/?s=0&e=514

Check the "Damage by Spell" tab and look at uptime percentages for Rip, Rake and Thrash.
Ahh thank you for the clarification. My apologies.

06-16-13, 10:53 AM   #1805
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Thank you for adding Dark Transformation to the tracker Nib. I don't see the need for sudden doom to be tracked. You use it right away. Plus I think the big flashing buttons are more then enough to tell you that you have a free Death Coil. That's just my opinion though. The way Shadow Infusion is for unholy DK's is fine but again it doesn't always need to be up. It actually will never always be up because once you use the 5 charges on Dark Transformation, you can't gain any stacks in Shadow Infusion until Dark Transformation wears off. So its just sitting there for 30 seconds at a time. If done right, the majority of the fight you wont have it active because Dark Transformation will be.

I feel that the best way to go about it would be to have them alternate. So when your Ghoul isn't transformed, track Shadow Infusion. When you use your 5 Shadow Infusion stacks on Dark Transformation, Shadow Infusion disappears and Dark transformation starts tracking. That's the way I went about it anyways with weakauras before.

Last edited by Gloks : 06-16-13 at 11:12 AM.

06-16-13, 10:59 AM   #1806
shahad
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Hmmm, I don't see a tracker for Dark Transformation.(V5 out already, lol) But I agree that if there were to be one, alternating it with Shadow Infusion would be the most efficient way to go about it.

As for Sudden Doom, I feel the spell alert is justified and there's not much reason to remove it.

Oh, a pet peeve of mine is the default order of Runes on the Rune bar. I have always played with BBFFUU and having BBUUFF throws me off. I've even gone so far as manually editing the Rune module's LUA file for a way to change the order, but an option in RealUI's config would be very convenient :P

Last edited by shahad : 06-16-13 at 11:12 AM.

06-16-13, 11:01 AM   #1807
Unnuetz
A Murloc Raider
An issue after questing some time:

I'm having massive lags when turning in quests in the field (meaning without actually returning to the npc which gave me the quest). Update: it also happens when looting.

The new behaviour is, that Wow freezes and won't respond for up to 30 seconds. After that response time returns to normal. During lags my CPUs go all the way up to 100% and the RAM usage seems to increase slightly over time.

Don't know whether this has to do with the new UI, but I never had this with RealUI 7. I installed the beat some hours ago. My wife does not have these problems, she's on the same server but she uses the default UI.

Anybody out there having similar problems? Is there any other information I could share?

Last edited by Unnuetz : 06-16-13 at 11:22 AM.

06-16-13, 11:06 AM   #1808
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
The Warlock spell "Agony" still has the wrong icon for it on the tracker. Its also being tracked on the targets debuffs line to the right of the unit frame as well. So you've got 2 things tracking it it should definitely be on the tracker line though, over the unit frame debuff. Just a quick fix there I would think.

Last edited by Gloks : 06-16-13 at 11:11 AM.

06-16-13, 11:14 AM   #1809
Brongg
A Murloc Raider
fresh install of v5 w/o bagsync or dbm still crashing leaving bg's. i'm watching my cpu and ram useage and nothing is peaking so i'm at a loss as to whats going on.

06-16-13, 11:20 AM   #1810
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Unnuetz View Post
An issue after questing some time:

I'm having massive lags when turning in quests in the field (meaning without actually returning to the npc which gave me the quest). The new behaviour is, that Wow freezes and won't respond for up to 30 seconds. After that response time returns to normal. During lags my CPUs go all the way up to 100% and the RAM usage seems to increase slightly over time.

Don't know whether this has to do with the new UI, but I never had this with RealUI 7. I installed the beat some hours ago. My wife does not have these problems, she's on the same server but she uses the default UI.

Anybody out there having similar problems? Is there any other information I could share?
Interesting. Sounds like something's getting caught in an infinite loop. Try doing a fresh install of RealUI and see if it persists.

06-16-13, 11:20 AM   #1811
zeveroare
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Nice update!

2 things though, is there a way to have the target spellcast back to the way it was, easier to spot for an interrupt.
When accepting quests I seem to "hang" for a second or 5 (even) and then the game just goes on. Gets worse when I alt tab and then come back to the game (something I tend to do often).

06-16-13, 11:21 AM   #1812
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Brongg View Post
fresh install of v5 w/o bagsync or dbm still crashing leaving bg's. i'm watching my cpu and ram useage and nothing is peaking so i'm at a loss as to whats going on.
Try this:
/grid > Untick all 3 of the top boxes (Positions, Layout and Style)
See if issue persists.

06-16-13, 11:36 AM   #1813
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

I'm in the process of isolating the Quest issue now. Will work on getting it fixed asap.

For those experiencing this issue, try this:
  1. Mouse over Minimap
  2. Click the Options button (spanner)
  3. Go to the POI tab
  4. Untick Enabled

If that doesn't work, try:
  1. /realui > Advanced > Advanced Settings
  2. Modules > WatchFrame Adv
  3. Untick Enabled
  4. /rl

Last edited by Nibelheim : 06-16-13 at 11:59 AM.

06-16-13, 11:41 AM   #1814
Brongg
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Try this:
/grid > Untick all 3 of the top boxes (Positions, Layout and Style)
See if issue persists.
I un-checked all 3 and it's still crashing on the loading screen leaving bg's

06-16-13, 11:45 AM   #1815
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Brongg View Post
I un-checked all 3 and it's still crashing on the loading screen leaving bg's
Thanks. I guess it's not my Grid2 stuff causing the issue then.

06-16-13, 11:51 AM   #1816
rdobkins
A Fallenroot Satyr
Adjusting Position of Extra Action Bar

RealUI 8.0 Beta - How do I keep auto action bar positioning but be able to move Extra Action Bar from bottom of screen?

06-16-13, 12:06 PM   #1817
Ordrosh
A Theradrim Guardian
click the item in the lower left -> RealUI Config -> Action Bars
either use one of the presets there or click the 'Advanced Settings' Button

06-16-13, 12:14 PM   #1818
Hwn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Love v8. Just one thing...

I love the new look of the UI, but i would change two things. The debuffs shown above enemy nameplates look stretched, as they are rectangular with a square texture on it, and i would like to have a way to see how much mana people in my raid have. Awesome work though

Last edited by Hwn : 06-16-13 at 02:18 PM.

06-16-13, 12:15 PM   #1819
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
When I activate Bestial Wrath on my hunter, 2 "The Beast Within" buffs start tracking. Same issue Vampiric Blood had from earlier. Simple fix.

06-16-13, 12:26 PM   #1820
mafiamueller
A Defias Bandit
how do i edit the aura tracker that is displayed under the character and above the action bar, i want to add my trinkets to it, and it seems that as a shaman the target debuffs are not updating when i apply earth shock, flame shock works though

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI