06-18-13, 04:32 PM   #1961
Skyotter
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Quest objective functionality has been temporarily disabled.

1) Fixed in v10
2) That is odd. Works fine on my end. You in Moonkin form?
3) Coming soon™
4) /real > Advanced > Advanced Settings > HuD > Cast Bars
Ok I moved most of the UI to be on the left side so its all cluttered. Ill have to untrack until you enable it again.

1) Ty
2) Yes I am, and sometimes it will track it and others it will not
3) Ty
4) Thanks

5) Is there any way I can get the old UI bars on either side, I kinda really miss them ;-p. Is there a way I can copy the IceHUD files from the old patch and reinstall them here and have it work?

06-18-13, 04:37 PM   #1962
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I love the new Blood Shield bar look. Its slick. However... what does the bar to the right of Blood shield do? Is that a vengeance bar? It isn't working for me. The left side seems to fill up fine. I don't like how vengeance and blood shields tracked though. I'm assuming your tracking vengeance so we can mouse over the tracker to see what our current vengeance is at... but if your getting hit... you know you have vengeance. There isn't a point to track that. Not to mention the tooltip doesn't update unless you move your cursor off of the tracker and back onto it continually to see what your at.

Same with Blood Shield. You know you have your Blood Shield up because of the sleek bar you've added. There isn't a point to track that besides to tell how much of a blood shield you have. As I've already explained above with vengeance, its extremely difficult to continually mouse over for the tooltip to see what your Blood Shield/vengeance may be at. I highly recommend getting rid of those 2 trackers and just putting numbers beside the blood shield bar and the right bar.... I'm assuming that's vengeance? Maybe I just didn't have enough but it wasn't working for me. Just like the HUD was, it was super simple to see what your shield was at and your vengeance was at. It just displayed it automatically at the bottom of the bar.

Great work as always though
Gloks

06-18-13, 04:39 PM   #1963
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Skyotter View Post
5) Is there any way I can get the old UI bars on either side, I kinda really miss them ;-p. Is there a way I can copy the IceHUD files from the old patch and reinstall them here and have it work?
Shouldn't be too much of an issue. The addon itself will work, but you'd have to get it's saved variable file somehow. You can get it from a backup WTF folder you made from RealUI 7, or you can install RealUI 7 and grab the WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAME\SavedVariables\nibIceHUD.lua after it's finished installing and you've logged out.

06-18-13, 04:41 PM   #1964
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Gloks View Post
I love the new Blood Shield bar look. Its slick. However... what does the bar to the right of Blood shield do? Is that a vengeance bar? It isn't working for me. The left side seems to fill up fine. I don't like how vengeance and blood shields tracked though. I'm assuming your tracking vengeance so we can mouse over the tracker to see what our current vengeance is at... but if your getting hit... you know you have vengeance. There isn't a point to track that. Not to mention the tooltip doesn't update unless you move your cursor off of the tracker and back onto it continually to see what your at.

Same with Blood Shield. You know you have your Blood Shield up because of the sleek bar you've added. There isn't a point to track that besides to tell how much of a blood shield you have. As I've already explained above with vengeance, its extremely difficult to continually mouse over for the tooltip to see what your Blood Shield/vengeance may be at. I highly recommend getting rid of those 2 trackers and just putting numbers beside the blood shield bar and the right bar.... I'm assuming that's vengeance? Maybe I just didn't have enough but it wasn't working for me. Just like the HUD was, it was super simple to see what your shield was at and your vengeance was at. It just displayed it automatically at the bottom of the bar.

Great work as always though
Gloks
Right is indeed Vengeance. I'll look into why it ain't working. It's possible you didn't have enough vengeance, you probably won't see it show up until you hit 10k or so.

The bars represent your max health, so tracking the amount of Blood Shield / Vengeance you have is meant to be done that way. The icons are there to indicate how much time you have remaining on those buffs, lest you let them run out.

06-18-13, 04:43 PM   #1965
volt0220
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Quest objective functionality has been temporarily disabled.

1) Fixed in v10
2) That is odd. Works fine on my end. You in Moonkin form?
3) Coming soon™
4) /real > Advanced > Advanced Settings > HuD > Cast Bars
did v10 reposition pet bars by default??

06-18-13, 04:44 PM   #1966
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by volt0220 View Post
did v10 reposition pet bars by default??
Maybe, I changed a number of position defaults.

06-18-13, 04:45 PM   #1967
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Right is indeed Vengeance. I'll look into why it ain't working.
The bars represent your max health, so tracking the amount of Blood Shield / Vengeance you have is meant to be done that way. The icons are there to indicate how much time you have remaining on those buffs, lest you let them run out.
Ahh good point. I'd leave blood shield in then. But vengeance... you never really track. Especially during a fight it will almost never ever wear off. Even if it does, your going to KNOW that it is warn off. Knowing the exact vengeance and the exact blood shield amount though is really useful. The bar itself doesn't quite do enough for me anyways. Some numbers to the side of each of them would be awesome like the hud did in realui7. So how much vengeance exactly you get to at points is really useful to know how hard your getting hit.

06-18-13, 04:46 PM   #1968
volt0220
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Anj View Post
I'm not into pvp but I'm thinking that for this case, moving unit frames closer to the center might help. For example, as a hunter, I've set my unitframes to 100. With that setting, I find it easier to track my pet and focus. Just my 1 copper.
^pump totally agree with the pet bar placement (default)... I know you can move it around but now i am unsure exactly where to put it without making the ui cluttered

06-18-13, 04:46 PM   #1969
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Gloks View Post
Ahh good point. I'd leave blood shield in then. But vengeance... you never really track. Especially during a fight it will almost never ever wear off. Even if it does, your going to KNOW that it is warn off. Knowing the exact vengeance and the exact blood shield amount though is really useful. The bar itself doesn't quite do enough for me anyways. Some numbers to the side of each of them would be awesome like the hud did in realui7. So how much vengeance exactly you get to at points is really useful to know how hard your getting hit.
Will see what I can do.

I know you can move it around but now i am unsure exactly where to put it without making the ui cluttered
Welcome to the UI developer's bane. That damn pet bar that just doesn't want a good home I'd probably recommend just sticking it under the Center action bar. I might include an option to do this in the future.

06-18-13, 04:46 PM   #1970
volt0220
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Maybe, I changed a number of position defaults.
ty good sir. i like the work u put in this... where to donate?!

06-18-13, 04:47 PM   #1971
volt0220
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
nvm. found it lol

06-18-13, 04:53 PM   #1972
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Much appreciated.

06-18-13, 05:04 PM   #1973
Skyotter
A Fallenroot Satyr
Shouldn't be too much of an issue. The addon itself will work, but you'd have to get it's saved variable file somehow. You can get it from a backup WTF folder you made from RealUI 7, or you can install RealUI 7 and grab the WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAME\SavedVariables\nibIceHUD.lua after it's finished installing and you've logged out.
Copying and pasting what you had did not work.

06-18-13, 05:11 PM   #1974
HtothaERB
A Defias Bandit

Thumbs up Can't Wait

This new beta ui looks amazing i've used this ui for quite sometime.

06-18-13, 05:13 PM   #1975
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Copying and pasting what you had did not work.
Hmm. Logged out of WoW while you did it? Set nibIceHUD's profile to RealUI?

06-18-13, 05:25 PM   #1976
Skyotter
A Fallenroot Satyr
Hmm. Logged out of WoW while you did it? Set nibIceHUD's profile to RealUI?
I exited WoW altogether. Then copied the NibIceHUD addon (it asked me to copy replace and I did). Then I went to the Real UI V7 WTF file and copied [file name you told me] to the current WTF file.

Granted I got a few LUA errors but to no avail when I started spamming DoTs the bars did not show up.

06-18-13, 05:29 PM   #1977
Evabi
A Fallenroot Satyr
Upgraded from R8 to R10 and have discovered that center action bars stay visible (not in a group/targeting enemy) while you have a focus target. Not sure if this was intentional or not.

06-18-13, 05:30 PM   #1978
iamslay
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

got the bf to support my wow habit beta looks amazing! haven't had a chance to test in combat yet though. a couple things i've seen so far:

1. not a major thing at all... but noticed this on login (using beta9)

2. Advanced Settings > RealUI Core > under "Styling", the checkbox to "Add stripes to frames"

i disabled it to see how it would change... didn't notice anything changing, and disabling it got rid of the Info Line. i've got the background disabled on the Info Line. /rl didn't bring it back, only rechecking that box brought back the Info Line.

3. is it layout or style that controls the width of the grid frames? alternatively, is there any way to increase the cap of the width? (e.g. it looks like it currently caps at 80, but i usually set mine to 105~110 or so.)

4. one final thing.. changing the default font in raven doesn't change it permanently (even though i've got the general font settings changed through realui settings as well).. it just reverts back to the pixelfont.

06-18-13, 05:42 PM   #1979
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by iamslay View Post
got the bf to support my wow habit beta looks amazing! haven't had a chance to test in combat yet though. a couple things i've seen so far:

1. not a major thing at all... but noticed this on login (using beta9)

2. Advanced Settings > RealUI Core > under "Styling", the checkbox to "Add stripes to frames"

i disabled it to see how it would change... didn't notice anything changing, and disabling it got rid of the Info Line. i've got the background disabled on the Info Line. /rl didn't bring it back, only rechecking that box brought back the Info Line.

3. is it layout or style that controls the width of the grid frames? alternatively, is there any way to increase the cap of the width? (e.g. it looks like it currently caps at 80, but i usually set mine to 105~110 or so.)

4. one final thing.. changing the default font in raven doesn't change it permanently (even though i've got the general font settings changed through realui settings as well).. it just reverts back to the pixelfont.
1. Yeah, that will be fixed up in 8 proper.

2. Still haven't gotten that little checkbox working yet. But... it doesn't look as good without le stripes.
If you want, you can edit Aurora.lua and change the RealUIStripeOpacity value at the top to 0.

3. Layout. Style is for the transparency on the frames and the reverse health bar, two things I had to manually code for Grid2. I'll raise the cap on that field.

4. Raven's font gets auto-set by RealUI according to the Display Font Size set in the Appearance panel. You can disable this by going to Advanced > AddOn Control > untick Style on Raven

Last edited by Nibelheim : 06-18-13 at 05:44 PM.

06-18-13, 05:51 PM   #1980
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Evabi View Post
Upgraded from R8 to R10 and have discovered that center action bars stay visible (not in a group/targeting enemy) while you have a focus target. Not sure if this was intentional or not.
Intentional. Though I didn't change any of those settings, it's just always been that way since RealUI 1

I exited WoW altogether. Then copied the NibIceHUD addon (it asked me to copy replace and I did). Then I went to the Real UI V7 WTF file and copied [file name you told me] to the current WTF file.

Granted I got a few LUA errors but to no avail when I started spamming DoTs the bars did not show up.
Ahh. Guess it wasn't as easy as I thought. What were the errors?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI