10-14-10, 02:55 PM   #1
Talerial
A Kobold Labourer
Unable to properly open UI Designer

I apologize but am new to this. I have purchased several books and am teaching myself along the way. One of the books I am reading referenced this development tool but I installed it and receive the following error.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7108/errorsn.jpg

With that being said I have searched through my folders etc and can not find a folder or file that matches it. I can find a txt file entitled FrameXML.txt in my logs directory but that is it. Unsure where to go to get this resolved so that I can even begin learning which direction is up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
10-14-10, 05:52 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The error is referencing a file normally hidden in WoW. (You only see FrameXML stuff if you've extracted the UI code.

Make sure that the program is pointing to your WoW directory.
If that doesn't help, try running the repair tool in your WoW folder.
If all else fails, remember that WoW UI Designer has not been updated in a very long time and, in addition to not being up to speed with addon code and API, may have some errors of its own.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-19-10, 09:24 PM   #3
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There was an error with how the old version read MPQ files as blizzard changed their format, the new version I just uploaded will work with the latest client now.

Note that the client seems to lock the MPQ files when it is running, so WoW UI Designer will not start unless the WoW client or launcher/patcher is not running.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Unable to properly open UI Designer