08-24-18, 04:00 AM   #1
Halona
A Murloc Raider
Nameplates that change size on distance +?

I used to have an addon that did this a long time ago (do not recall the name). As I moved I would see the plates dynamically changing size to make foreground plates more visible. I see about 2 years ago the system was changed for nameplates and things may be a bit different now. Is there an addon that still does this, is it even still possible?

+ Right now I love KUI Nameplates and it probably does the best that it can do within the system, and maybe it can do most of what I want but I'm not setting it up properly. What I would ideally want would be to have friendly players with no names or nameplates at all outside of combat/instances, and nameplates in combat. NPCs have name only nameplates, and all friendly fade or become smaller on distance (currently settling for both having name only nameplates outside of combat and names remain on so I don't have to toggle them for instances). In instances and/or in combat the closest enemies have larger nameplates and/or further enemies plates fade and/or non-targetted enemies during combat fade. Right now in order to make NPC name only nameplates work I have to use nameplates always on and the only thing that's fading are neutral enemies.
08-24-18, 05:14 AM   #2
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Nameplates have CVARs for scaling at distance.

nameplateMaxScale
nameplateMaxScaleDistance
nameplateMinScale
nameplateMinScaleDistance

There are cvars for opacity too.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Console_va.../Complete_list

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)
08-24-18, 07:38 AM   #3
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's important to mention that the nameplate scaling and alpha settings can have a major affect on frame rate if you have a lot of units in range, so you may want to experiment with how much of an impact this has on your client before you go into combat with it.
08-24-18, 05:37 PM   #4
Halona
A Murloc Raider
This is great info. So in order to use these CVars I will have to edit them into the LUA of KUI? Or is there a way to write them into a macro? I tried using simply /console in the chat box for minimum scale and distance and it didn't seem to work.

I don't remember having fps issues with them before although I have to turn a few things down in 25 mans either way.

Edit: I tried /run instead of /console so /run SetCVar("nameplateMaxScale", 1.4) as well as the min scale to .6, max distance to 10 and min distance to 45. With KUI on nothing happens. With KUI off my target becomes bigger. I installed AdvancedInterfaceOptions and see that my numbers took. I just don't know what else I need to change exactly for the sizing to become dynamic without needing me to have a target selected.

Last edited by Halona : 08-24-18 at 10:04 PM.
11-21-18, 07:47 PM   #5
Halona
A Murloc Raider
Well I never did figure out how to do this but I also had continual hitbox targeting issues with KUI so I switched to Tidyplates. It has the size increase on target built in but the main option I miss is custom size of the health bar.

According to this you can do it https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/...tes/issues/142
I don't see where to though.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Nameplates that change size on distance +?