03-26-17, 06:25 AM   #1
signupsucks
A Defias Bandit
Examiner replacement

Coming back from a Cataclysm, looking for a replacement to the Examiner mod.

Primarily, I want its ability to inspect NPC models (zoom, rotate) as well as continue to inspect players if the target is lost somehow (i.e. so the window doesn't close if the target moves away or changes zones). A quick one-glance summary of itemlevel and stats could also be useful but not strictly necessary as I don't often check such things. The cache feature is sometimes nice but memory intensive and not necessary.

Inspector comes fairly close, the only issue being that the size of the window is unnecessarily large. Examiner previously fit into a window the same size as normal, with stats toggled overtop the model. The version I tried also didn't seem to support artifact weapons (main/offhand slots were empty) so couldn't be used to check transmogs on those weapons.

Haven't found any other options. Suggestions?
03-26-17, 01:09 PM   #2
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Examiner still works. It was updated for Legion in 7.0.3 and I haven't had any problems with it since. What issues are you experiencing with it?
03-27-17, 03:13 AM   #3
signupsucks
A Defias Bandit
Hmm, it is possible I never actually tried it.

When I returned, I still had my old addon directory as a reference and downloaded updates to all the ones I wanted to carry over. When I searched for Examiner, the results were only the original mod that was last updated years ago, and a fan-update during WoD. But it must not have been Examiner I was searching for at that time since these are not the results I get now when I search "Examiner" among addons on this site.

So I have no idea where I got the idea that Examiner did not work in Legion, nor what addon I am confusing those results for.

Thank you for the help.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Examiner replacement