01-07-11, 03:54 PM   #1
starlon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Mouse Gestures

There's a wonderful library Humbedooh wrote called LibGestures-1.0. I use it in LibScriptable and furthermore StarTip's Mouse Gestures module. As great as it is, I'm not happy with it. I want mouse gestures to cast abilities. So here's my wish -- that Blizzard implement a real in-game mouse gesture extension to macros.

I think this is where gaming is heading anyways, with the Wii and the next generation of gesture-based games and technologies. Why not exploit what we can with the simple mouse motion?

Legalize WoW gold purchases directly from Blizzard! Yeah, my doctor thinks I'm crazy too. >.<

"It was either going to school for programming or working at the Genetically Modified Wildlife Preserve. I've always had a love for the wildlife, but technology won out in the end."

Note: If you know of a library that you want to make available in your own scripts. let me know and I'll see about writing a plugin for it.

LCD4WoW
01-07-11, 06:48 PM   #2
starlon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
A good use example would be Heroic Leap. You get a world cursor when you activate the spell and you click where you want to land. A mouse gesture would rock for that.

Legalize WoW gold purchases directly from Blizzard! Yeah, my doctor thinks I'm crazy too. >.<

"It was either going to school for programming or working at the Genetically Modified Wildlife Preserve. I've always had a love for the wildlife, but technology won out in the end."

Note: If you know of a library that you want to make available in your own scripts. let me know and I'll see about writing a plugin for it.

LCD4WoW
01-07-11, 07:51 PM   #3
kraftman
A Theradrim Guardian
have u tried Opie?
01-08-11, 03:20 AM   #4
starlon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by kraftman View Post
have u tried Opie?
Now that's an addon crying for LibMouseGestures support. hehe Unfortunately I suck at clicking (seems so simple huh?) so I don't even use this except to turn on/off DPS tracking and wipe data. But I would love if I could shake my mouse left and right then poof I have a heroic leap cursor.

LCD4WoW
01-08-11, 03:56 AM   #5
starlon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Actually, it wouldn't take much to implement some mouse gesture system that simulates hardware keystrokes, so it's just a program that runs in the background and has nothing to do with WoW at all.

LCD4WoW
01-08-11, 06:41 AM   #6
shindajin
A Murloc Raider
Try gMote for Windows

Hi,

gMote for Windows : http://www.handform.net/gmote.php

I've used this for ages to add mousgestures to windows. It works in WoW too.

I've also had some success using it in wow. It works ok but it wasn't responsive enough for me, during combat, on my relativley old pc. (2.6GHz Athlon + 3Gb Ram - top of range 5 years ago :P )

Give it a try - you may have more luck than I did.

edit:

I assume you're a windows user. Linux has mouse gestures module freely available. I'm not sure about Mac.

Last edited by shindajin : 01-08-11 at 06:43 AM. Reason: OS assumptions :P
01-08-11, 12:02 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by starlon View Post
Now that's an addon crying for LibMouseGestures support. hehe Unfortunately I suck at clicking (seems so simple huh?) so I don't even use this except to turn on/off DPS tracking and wipe data. But I would love if I could shake my mouse left and right then poof I have a heroic leap cursor.
You don't have to click anything at all to use OPie...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-08-11, 10:25 PM   #8
starlon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
You don't have to click anything at all to use OPie...
Ah ok. I used another addon similar and you had to click, so I made an assumption. I'll check it out.

LCD4WoW
01-09-11, 12:44 AM   #9
starlon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I like OPie, but it's still awkward. heh.. I'll have to play with it. It doesn't do what I want, but it's an interesting addon.

LCD4WoW

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Wish List » Mouse Gestures