Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
12-24-05, 04:28 PM   #1
mrbrdo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
In-game Thottbot Browser

Hello guys..

I would like someone to try out my mod that makes you able to surf Thottbot in-game..

How it works:
- you enter /tbsearch something and a window should pop up, only clicking works, you can't type in anything (you don't need to anyway) - so you can still move around in the game..
- if you hold the CTRL button, you can click trough the window (so you click on the thing that is under the window)
- if you right click on the grey title bar the window minimizes into the titlebar (this is useful because the game runs a bit more laggy when the window is open, but when it is minimized into the titlebar it's not any slower)
- you can drag the window around by clicking the titlebar, dragging around and releasing (with the left mouse button)

How to install *IMPORTANT*:
You have to extract all the files into the World of Warcraft directory. When you want to play the game with the browser enabled you MUST run WoWeb.exe INSTEAD of WoW.exe! It does not work if you use WoW.exe (you will also see you cannot turn this "addon" on\off in the game). When the game starts up, you should see a notification in the upper-left corner of the game window, that WoWeb has loaded. Sometimes it fails to load (but this is very rare.. 95% of the times it does), but i am still working to resolve this. Just make sure you use WoWeb.exe

There still may be some minor bugs so please tell me if you find any.. I hope it works for you.

MrB.

Last edited by Cairenn : 12-24-05 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Deleted link to off-site download - Cairenn

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » In-game Thottbot Browser