01-21-10, 11:19 PM   #1
Dark_Widget
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
prolly to much to ask for 0o

hey, i've been lookin trough the compilations i dunno how many times the past few months, seen a few nice but there's always something that dosent fit,

My question is if someone could put togheter a compilation for me.
nothing totally overspaced, just u know a nice interface with the action bars, minimap and healthbar thingy (there'r prolly other words for it but i dunno em xD)

might add that im a hardcore pvp'r (do pve 1-2 times a month) so i dont need this pve UI (u know 50k addons with a 2x2cm square in the middle where u can actually see something)

got my own addons that i like to use, so what i ask for is simply the action bars and healthbar (and maybe minimap) thingy

i'd be very glad if someone could help me, and i know this aint a small request but hey, there prolly someone who enjoy it and wanna help me out =)

// Widget
01-21-10, 11:31 PM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Your best bet is to find a UI that has most of what you want. Remove or modify the rest. It will be far easier to do to get the result you want and will not require you to make an interface from scratch. Having someone just whip one up for you will basically put you in the same boat you're in now. I've made some ui's for friends IRL and it's never a one off and it's done sort of thing.

If you get stuck in the modification process be sure to post again and we will do what we can to help.

Its a good way to get started in customization.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
01-21-10, 11:40 PM   #3
Dark_Widget
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
Your best bet is to find a UI that has most of what you want. Remove or modify the rest. It will be far easier to do to get the result you want and will not require you to make an interface from scratch. Having someone just whip one up for you will basically put you in the same boat you're in now. I've made some ui's for friends IRL and it's never a one off and it's done sort of thing.

If you get stuck in the modification process be sure to post again and we will do what we can to help.

Its a good way to get started in customization.

yea i'd love to do it on my own, but i just cant xD im REAAALLY bad at designs and even worse on scripts and **** and i tbh have no idea how to even do a own UI :P i've modifed my Shadowed UI a few hours and it still look pretty crap thats about it xD
01-21-10, 11:50 PM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Thats why you take an existing UI and modify it. Most of the time it does not require any coding or scripting experience. Most of the things your after can be done with addons with in-game configuration screens with sliders and so on.

This way you get a look that is close to or exactly what your after and you can then remove add-ons and parts you don't need. And make tweaks to the ones that need it. Hence my suggestion above to find one that is close then ask questions if you need help adjusting something.

You'll find this question has been asked many times before on these forums with essentially the same result. The only way to get better at designs is to experiment and learn what the elements do. My own designs have come a very long way from where i have started.

Its the old teach a person to fish philosophy. I'm sure people will be willing to help answer any questions for adjustment should you have any.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
01-21-10, 11:56 PM   #5
Dark_Widget
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thats why you take an existing UI and modify it. Most of the time it does not require any coding or scripting experience. Most of the things your after can be done with addons with in-game configuration screens with sliders and so on.

This way you get a look that is close to or exactly what your after and you can then remove add-ons and parts you don't need. And make tweaks to the ones that need it. Hence my suggestion above to find one that is close then ask questions if you need help adjusting something.

You'll find this question has been asked many times before on these forums with essentially the same result. The only way to get better at designs is to experiment and learn what the elements do. My own designs have come a very long way from where i have started.

Its the old teach a person to fish philosophy. I'm sure people will be willing to help answer any questions for adjustment should you have any.

yea been tryin to do that, but it always seems like the UI ****s up in some way or that the part im tryin to remove us actually much bigger then i think (removes more then i want to) and i dont got patience, but i guess ill have to try again =)

thnx ^^
01-22-10, 12:03 AM   #6
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Just start with a simple modification. Like adjusting the color and position of your unit frames. Its all bout baby steps =)

If something goes horribly wrong just post here with what you were doing and the addon you were working with and what happened. Ill be glad to help trouble shoot.

01-22-10, 12:42 AM   #7
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

Also a tip, start with an UI with a GUI config, I wouldn't recommend starting with a "Lua only" UI.
01-22-10, 01:16 AM   #8
Phen
A Murloc Raider
And ask ask ask. There is no stupid questions only stupid answers.
If there is something you want for example i would like a bar that does this and that and i need it to be easy to configure, ask and you will more than likley get some suggestions on addons that fits into what you need.

And as long as you backup your Interface and WTF folder there is no harm making misstakes.
01-22-10, 08:21 AM   #9
Dark_Widget
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Phen View Post
And ask ask ask. There is no stupid questions only stupid answers.
If there is something you want for example i would like a bar that does this and that and i need it to be easy to configure, ask and you will more than likley get some suggestions on addons that fits into what you need.

And as long as you backup your Interface and WTF folder there is no harm making misstakes.

im surprised how friendly ppl'r :O i have NO idea about GUI and LUA just seen it a few times :P the problem i mainly got is that many addons **** up on my screen aswell :S it is a widescreen thats made for goin on 1680x1050, but most addons and/or wow think its a normal screen or something i dunno :S and tbh i dont even know how to recolour, apart from when i can do like "/UI"
and just choose colour from a tab xD, sry if this post seems like a mess but i answerd u all in here xD
01-22-10, 08:56 AM   #10
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
i just wanted to add a small thing,

every UI i make for myself, isn''t based on lua coding, special script events or custom made graphics for that matter ^^.

Mostly i grab sunnart (with an artpack) or btex and use bartender for the action bars. Then x-perl for easy setup of the unitframes and voila, i got myself an UI.

the custom UI isnt really meant to be special in any way, as long as it works perfect for you, its okay , what someone else thinks about or wants into your UI is just something they have to do themselves. (excluding addons/modifications that would benefit yourself too ofcourse).

Small golden rule about custom UI's, they need to function for you, if you share its okay but it isn't required to be exactly to someone elses needs, only yours.
01-22-10, 09:28 AM   #11
Dark_Widget
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by contramundi View Post
i just wanted to add a small thing,

every UI i make for myself, isn''t based on lua coding, special script events or custom made graphics for that matter ^^.

Mostly i grab sunnart (with an artpack) or btex and use bartender for the action bars. Then x-perl for easy setup of the unitframes and voila, i got myself an UI.

the custom UI isnt really meant to be special in any way, as long as it works perfect for you, its okay , what someone else thinks about or wants into your UI is just something they have to do themselves. (excluding addons/modifications that would benefit yourself too ofcourse).

Small golden rule about custom UI's, they need to function for you, if you share its okay but it isn't required to be exactly to someone elses needs, only yours.
yes indeed, hmm i guess ill have to take a few hours or something screaming my head out and try this eh? xD :P thnx =)
01-22-10, 10:43 AM   #12
Dark_Widget
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
help

i want a camopilation seen a few but dont remember neither name nor in wich chategory, they had a cool purple colour and a "bar" that covert the hole bottom screen if u know what i mean, like no space between lets say chat bar and action bar (dunno if u get me at all but xD) if u know any other like that i'd be happy to know aswell dosent HAVE to be purple plz help me find something =D<3

thnx
01-22-10, 11:45 AM   #13
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

The section your looking for is most likely Graphical Compilations. It should have quite a few along the lines your looking for.

01-22-10, 12:09 PM   #14
Dark_Widget
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The section your looking for is most likely Graphical Compilations. It should have quite a few along the lines your looking for.
yea i've been lookin like a freakin.. "insert free word" xD
u dont have anyone u think look cool?:P
01-22-10, 12:14 PM   #15
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Unfortunately there comes a point where you have to do the grunt work yourself. I know its time consuming and you would rather be playing but then again so would we all.

If you want to narrow down the search for compilations that fit your resolution click the find tab up top, under the search box click advanced and type your resolution in the box and have it search in description and title and select the category you want to search in then click search.

That should narrow it down for you.

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 01-22-10 at 12:18 PM.
01-22-10, 12:27 PM   #16
Dark_Widget
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Unfortunately there comes a point where you have to do the grunt work yourself. I know its time consuming and you would rather be playing but then again so would we all.

If you want to narrow down the search for compilations that fit your resolution click the find tab up top, under the search box click advanced and type your resolution in the box and have it search in description and title and select the category you want to search in then click search.

That should narrow it down for you.
omfg that helps me ALOT dude thnx <3
now i might be able to work it out haha xD
thnx once again =)
01-22-10, 01:24 PM   #17
Dark_Widget
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
in wich chategory do i have to look if i only wanna find the grahpic thingy?(like the bakround only no addons)? decided i might build my own from scratch :P
01-22-10, 01:57 PM   #18
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You would go to the "AddOns" tab of the site and look through the Graphic UI Mods.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat17.html
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-22-10, 05:21 PM   #19
Dark_Widget
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
You would go to the "AddOns" tab of the site and look through the Graphic UI Mods.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat17.html
yea thnx i found it usein Btex =) actually manage to get myself a UI, got some tweaking to do tho, like why i got 2 petbars and such xD

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » prolly to much to ask for 0o