09-09-11, 01:47 PM   #1
georgectr
A Murloc Raider
GUI for healing

Hello everyone,

I'm a paladin healer and I like playing with friends. I'm playing with the default blizzard raid UI which is enough as it show debuffs to dispel and missing health which is what I need.

In battlegrounds I lose track of my friends as there are at least 7 other players and some are joining and leaving which moves their position in the list. There are times when I think I'm healing a friend but since someone left the game in the middle of battle I'm healing someone else. What I'd like to do is pick their names and seperate them from the group and place them next to somewhere I can easily see and not misclick on someone else. I haven't been able to find anything that does what I want. If you know of any addons or any other ways to seperate ppl from the group It'd be helpful.

Thanks.
09-09-11, 04:07 PM   #2
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

I've been looking for some Grid info today and happened across this:

http://www.wowace.com/addons/gridconfigurablelayouts/

Looks like that might do what you are looking for if you were to use Grid for your raid/group frames.

Group filters which allow you to create groups by Role (Tank, Melee, Healer, Ranged), Raid Group, Name Lists, Out of Zone and/or Offline, and Guild, as well as a catch-all filter (Everyone). You can allow repetitions, or have players appear only in the first group for which they match the filter.
Sorting within groups by Name, Raid Index, Class, or Role. You can also choose to have yourself appear at the beginning or your group, or even to manually specify names that you wish to appear first if present.
(emphasis mine)
"I guess I kinda lost control, because in the middle of the play I ran up and lit the evil puppet villain on fire. No, I didn't. Just kidding. I just said that to help illustrate one of the human emotions, which is freaking out. Another emotion is greed, as when you kill someone for money, or something like that. Another emotion is generosity, as when you pay someone double what he paid for his stupid puppet." - Jack Handy
09-10-11, 06:59 AM   #3
georgectr
A Murloc Raider
Thanks so much this worked great, I now have a full bg list and a second list displaying my friends' names.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » GUI for healing