06-10-09, 06:28 AM   #1
Temptress
A Fallenroot Satyr
Map Coordinates

Is there a coordinate command way to enter and mark coordinates in the Carbonite map. With mapnotes i used the command mntloc 37, 45 to mark the map, is there a similar way with carbonite rather than mocve my cursor to the correct spot and then goto?

06-10-09, 07:54 AM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yes there is "/carb goto xx,yy" where xx,yy are the coordinates to where you'd like to go within the current zone

*As a side note, it seems the Auto Track feature has to be turned off in order for it to work. Auto Track seems to override a goto waypoint.

06-10-09, 11:49 PM   #3
Temptress
A Fallenroot Satyr
That was easy, tyvm.

01-15-10, 07:39 AM   #4
ezarra
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Yes there is "/carb goto xx,yy" where xx,yy are the coordinates to where you'd like to go within the current zone
Is there a reason that this is a compound command and could we please add support for something shorter and more common like say /way or /track or /map or something?

I don't need to do this very often, but every time I do, I have to go look up how to do it.

01-16-10, 12:46 PM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by ezarra View Post
Is there a reason that this is a compound command and could we please add support for something shorter and more common like say /way or /track or /map or something?

I don't need to do this very often, but every time I do, I have to go look up how to do it.
I'm going to bet that the Authors went with a command like "/carb goto" rather than just "/goto" or "/way" so as to reduce the possibilities of interference.

What would happen if you were running Carb and say TomTom or some other addon that also used the "/way" command? Which addon would win and make the proper waypoint without throwing errors? By using "/carb goto" instead, the problem is eliminated before it happens.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Map Coordinates