11-25-06, 04:10 PM   #1
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
MazzleUI

What is MazzleUI? In short it's a comprehensive, customized user interface for the World of Warcraft that attempts to be clean, symmetrical, provides lots of information, use minimal space and be highly efficient. It is extremely easy to set-up, use and learn. It is a compilation with a several custom add-ons and many modified ones. It has several novel features, most notable add-ons that manage and configure the setup and performance of other add-ons, that make it qualitatively different than any other UI released to date. Some of the key features are as follows:

Download here (Note: This version is not 2.0 Compatible. The 2.0 version is not yet released.)
  • Original artwork: Elven metal on black Arabian tile.

• 'Mazzifier': This is an in-game installer addon that provides incredibly easy setup. It configures everything for you in a few easy steps.
    • It does NOT require you to copy a makeshift WTF folder and rename things like most compilations do.
    • Configures the position and size of every UI element, including the artwork for nearly any resolution (anything that has an aspect ratio of 1.25, 1.33 or 1.6.) You should not have to adjust anything to make it look like the screenshots.
    • Configures every add-on to be ready to use out of the box. You don't have to learn the ins and outs and settings of a million add-ons to get started. The settings were chosen with efficiency in mind.
    • Maintains an internal database of version numbers so that new version of MazzleUI will know exactly what to update. Just drop in the new version, the Mazzifier will automatically launch when you log in and update what is necessary.
    • Asks the user a series of install question so that it will enable ONLY those add-ons that the user is interested in. This allows the UI to be tailored to each individual character to minimize cpu/memory use.
      • Four different base install packages
      • A variety of class-specific add-ons only installed for the appropriate classes
      • A variety of add-ons marked as 'expensive', that will only be installed if the user requests it.
    • Allows the user to visually browse 15 different button layouts and choose the one that fits their play style best.
      • There are multiple button layouts for each class. All button layouts follow a consistent design philosophy.
      • Each button layout has versions for different screen sizes. It will automatically install the appropriate one for your resolution.
      • The majority of the button layouts will also automatically place your spells and skills in the appropriate buttons, regardless of what level your characters are at.
      • Every layout will automatically place your trade skills and racial abilities.
      • Layouts can be refreshed as you gain new abilities and spells so that they always have the correct levels.
    • Creates and configures all seven chat frames to contain the right channels with sensical and consistent ordering and nice text coloring. This includes multi-framed combat information with slim damage frame and formatted and colored combat log.
    • Warns the user of conflict add-ons and other potential problems.
    • Allows the user to reconfigure any aspect of their UI back to the install settings to undo changes or problems.

• MazzleUI Core Add-on: A central add-on that provides a host of new UI features and integrates many of the add-ons into a more coherent UI. It provides the following:
    • 'HotSpots': A novel space-saving feature where certain hidden areas of the bottom pane artwork function as buttons. Some components turn into visibly different buttons when certain actions are available. This provides extra functionality and information presentation with zero additional space usage. There are 13 such hidden HotSpots that let you quickly access a myriad of functions.
      • Six corner HotSpots that pull up or hide commonly used add-ons: KCItems loot database, MonkeyQuest quest tracker, TinyPad notebook, the MazzleUI context menu, ItemRack and xCalc.
      • The coordinates under the minimap serve as a HotSpot to open up AlphaMap, the world and instance map add-on.
      • The area under your target box serves as a HotSpot to target your ToT, i.e. the target of your target.
      • The four corners of the target box serve as hotspot to perform actions on your target, namely whispering, following, trading and inspecting. Actual buttons will appear there when those actions are available.
      • The actual MazzleUI logo text is a HotSpot that does two things. Left-clicking on it brings up the bag and micro-menu bars. This allows them to stay hidden most of the time, saving even more room. Right-clicking on the same text hot-swaps you through 15 different party/raid layouts.
    • Hot-Swappable Raid Layouts:
      • 15 different raid layouts are available that can be changed at any time.
      • Automatically takes other elements of the UI into account: the size of your screen, whether party frames are visible, whether party pets are visibile, etc.
      • Automatically redistributes raid frames when in a 20 or 10 man raid group to make the layout more symmetrical.
    • 5 MazzleUI Efficiency Modes: A novel feature that allows the UI to automatically turn off certain features and complete add-ons depending on the context of the situation to improve performance.
      • There are four modes that can be set to automatically kick in when you are either (1) solo, (2) in a party, (3) in a raid or (4) pvp-flagged.
      • This is one manual mode that is activated when you press the MazzleUI Efficiency button. This allows you the UI to set everything to minimum for unexpectedly demanding situations or encounters.
      • The efficiency modes can currently module 12 different items: (1) graphical settings, (2) 3d animation, (3) damage meter tracking, (4) name tags and name plates, (5) FastCast, (6) BigWigs, (7) Scrolling Combat Text, (8) Scrolling Combat Text Damage, (9) Scrolling Combat Text Cooldowns, (10) Witchhunt spell alerts, (11) button visibility, and (12) Discord add-ons OnUpdate rate. More items will be added, for example spell effect level.
    • Several simple automations: auto resurrection, auto summon acceptance, auto-dismounting at flight paths
    • Context menu management: A set of buttons that are normally hidden but can be pulled up under your mouse at any time. Perfect for keeping non-combat stuff and trade skills out of the way. Will automatically hide when used or when logging in.
    • 2 special minimap buttons to quickly interface to certain add-ons that don't provide them: (1) a Recap button that you can use to toggle visibility or turn on/off the add-on and (2) a similar FastCast button.

• MazzleOptions: A centralized options and help system that offers unprecedented information and control of your add-ons.
    • Descriptions of every single add-on in the system
    • GUI controls to change the settings of every add-on in the system, even for add-ons that don't provide graphical options. You never have to learn slash commands again.
    • Ability to disable or enable add-ons in-game with one quick click.
    • Everything is organized by both category and alphebetically. It is extremely easy to find the add-on you're looking for.
    • A comprehensive in-game FAQ system, with tons of help documents.
    • Many value-added options for add-ons that aren't originally part of the add-ons. For example, one click locking or unlocking of all DAB bars, automatic hiding of resurrection monitors, etc.

• MazzleHUD: A custom, low-cost, clean-looking heads-up display that shows up when in combat. Both the code and artwork are original. Is configurable via MazzleOptions.

• Mazzle 3D Characters: Custom 3d model add-on that is probably the most bug-free and feature-rich 3d model add-on out there. Seamlessly integrated within the rest of the UI.
    • Every single model in the game, including bosses, will be displayed correctly. It uses a comprehensive database of cameras to insure this.
    • Self, pet, party and party pet members are presented as 3-d models on a pedestal.
    • These models animate when certain events happen. For example, they flinch when hit and fall when killed. They may also laugh when tickled and give you a wave or rude gesture from time to time.
    • Target model can be zoomed, panned and rotate to get a better view. Self and party models can be rotated on their pedestal.
    • Models will correctly change when form changes and readjust the cameras appropriately.
  • Enhanced add-ons: Many third-party add-ons in the package are modified to add features, increase performance, allow options to be changed more easily or, in some cases, to correct bugs. There are 24 such add-ons.

In general, the package tries to follow the following guidlines:

Layout philosophy: Minimalistic space usage while still presenting all the information one could need in game.
  • Middle of bottom pane is minimal height to hold minimap. Side of bottom pane is minimum height to hold 16 lines of chat text.
  • Play area is resized so that the UI covers a minimal amount of the rendered game.
  • Even with 3d party models or 40 raid frames, most of screen is completely unobstructed
  • Nearly every element in the UI has positioning information to maintain this design philosophy.
Add-On philosophy: Useful add-ons that are highly efficient. A majority of the add-ons are Ace add-ons, including the custom MazzleUI ones.

If you'd like to make a donation to support the absurd amount of effort spent on this project, you can send it to [email protected] via www.paypal.com. Thanks everyone.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 01-17-07 at 07:00 AM.

11-25-06, 04:22 PM   #2
Talonclaw
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
FIRST......yea I just had too, I appologize.

Thanks Mazzle, from all of us that have been waiting forever Much <3

11-25-06, 04:54 PM   #3
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Been waiting for this for a long time. Woohoo!

/dances

Grats on the first release! it's gotta be better than a Microsoft beta.

11-25-06, 05:11 PM   #4
dezzy8
A Defias Bandit
The most anticipated UI for wow is finally here! I registered just to say that. GJ Mazzle.

11-25-06, 05:47 PM   #5
mfrnka
Premium Member
Doesn't look like the forum is open to the public.

Where should we go to post questions and/or issues?

11-25-06, 05:54 PM   #6
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You are to have no issues or problems.

Hmm, I suppose that's not practical. You can post them here. We haven't decided how we're going to handle that other forum.

But PLEASE make sure to go through all the FAQ entries in the help system to see if your question is already answered. There's a lot of stuff there.

11-25-06, 05:55 PM   #7
nvrsbr
A Kobold Labourer
Woot Woot Woot

11-25-06, 05:57 PM   #8
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Or use the portal system, that's what it's there for, after all. Bug reports in the bug report section, feature requests in the feature request section, all other regular discussion here.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

11-25-06, 06:40 PM   #9
Lain
A Defias Bandit
Just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work and I love the UI!

....to bad im the 487th person in the queue.... ill set it up tomarrow!

11-25-06, 07:03 PM   #10
ShibbyShaman
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
how do u kno ur aspect Great Job mazzle i kno u hate me but im just letting you kno Great job

11-25-06, 07:10 PM   #11
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by ShibbyShaman
how do u kno ur aspect
width divided by height. example, your monitor is running 1024 x 768, it'd be 1024/768, the ratio is 1.33
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

11-25-06, 08:37 PM   #12
b1mmer
A Kobold Labourer
Grats on release Mazzle

11-25-06, 09:25 PM   #13
Rumppel
A Kobold Labourer
Exclamation Mazzle -> Don't 2nd Guess Yourself

I just want to offer a gratzi on your 1st public release!

I also wanted to say that am sure from your work ethic, you were thinking about a dozen things you should have fixed/tweaked/included/removed etc...

I do hope you forget about that for a month, ok how 'bout a minute and enjoy what you have accomplished from a lot of hard work and dedication.

So again, I am very happy for you and without further delay, I'm off to take my first look on my 1260x1600 display

Have a nice holiday!

-Rumpp's

11-25-06, 09:57 PM   #14
ShibbyShaman
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
ok so for the first bug i guess or problem that im having on my hunter is when i select or target anything my actionbar changes and changes onto like my melee skills i guess u can call it cause it goes from acrance shot and all that to raptor strike even tho im far away or far enough to use arcane shot any ideas on how to fix?

Last edited by ShibbyShaman : 11-25-06 at 11:13 PM.

11-26-06, 12:21 AM   #15
mfrnka
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
You are to have no issues or problems.

For the addon "Inspector (Gadget)" I'm showing a missing dependency: AddOnCore

Probably something I'm doing wrong, but an advise would help.

11-26-06, 12:27 AM   #16
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Oops. That add-on is not supposed to be in there. It's a development tool. You can just delete it.

11-26-06, 02:01 AM   #17
SaberHawke
A Fallenroot Satyr

Question & a couple of issues

First, I would like to say you have done an amazing job on the UI and the custom setup routines. It is truly a work of art.

First the question:
Before committing to using this, what are the plans for WOW 2.0? The patch can't be more than a couple of weeks away since the background downloader is downloading the first 458MB of the patch now.

Now for the issue:
I noticed that on 2 of the 3 characters I setup, the 3D model for the player is white and the character is not visible on the screen any longer. Also the 3D model is white when I target myself on the same characters. I did logout and reloadui with same results. I can provide technical details or anything else you need.

11-26-06, 03:09 AM   #18
gazolith
A Murloc Raider
wahooo

mazzle your the best wooo your artwork owns everything owns your jsut like the only good gnome ever (joke) woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo its jsut wooo so goood you own all its do good its great even better

11-26-06, 03:15 AM   #19
mfrnka
Premium Member
Another very small issue...

The dot timer, /dot, and cool down timer, /cd, are not "locked" after initial mazzifying. This leaves two small draggable black circles/dots on the screen.

Took me a while to figure out what to lock, then the dissappeared.

Again, thanks for all your great work. I've been finding nice tidbits for hours.

11-26-06, 03:42 AM   #20
ShibbyShaman
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
could someone help me out with the hunter problem anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: NeverMind it was a level problem i didnt have a skill that was suppose to be there for a 60 hunter so it messed up the dab setting its fixed now.

Last edited by ShibbyShaman : 11-26-06 at 04:38 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI