12-22-06, 06:40 PM   #541
Mischief
A Murloc Raider
Bacon360, we just got an update yesterday.

Just to update you all. I'm getting very close to having something ready for the beta group. Many of my friends are already running it with no problems. I'm just trying to go over all the addons -- there have been several significant changes -- and make sure their settings and options are accounted for.
Mechrior-
p.s. i found a rabbit on my local road the other day..... she is now called mazzle.... merry xmas!
Does it sing? Have you found the lost Skittles bunny?!?

12-22-06, 10:46 PM   #542
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Mechrior
p.s. i found a rabbit on my local road the other day..... she is now called mazzle.... merry xmas!
Haha hope u didn't run that rabit over after calling it mazzle

12-23-06, 06:35 AM   #543
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Mischief
Mechrior-

Does it sing? Have you found the lost Skittles bunny?!?

No..... it doesn't sing but it did bite my other rabits balls...... not a nice sight...... i think mazzle got peeved with the others bugging her!!!

Originally Posted by Aygen
O.o omg the color in that post made me squint ...
And now my work here is done!

Originally Posted by 123Noob
Haha hope u didn't run that rabit over after calling it mazzle
Thats sick.... and i dont drive anyway.....

Last edited by Mechrior : 12-23-06 at 06:40 AM.

12-23-06, 08:16 AM   #544
Voonka
A Cyclonian
Is there a version of the mod that uses less resources? I had to set my ram consumption ridiculously high, and thats just for your more compact version. Basically I just want the hotkeys with the art, minimap, and hud; for some reason I can't get just that and it bogs my game down baaaaad. In a raid I was getting a really really really really low frame rate with the UI up. When I say low I mean 5.6 fps. HELP!

12-23-06, 09:44 AM   #545
Kierrkian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
The best thing to do would be 1. Buy a better graphics card. 2. Increase the amount of RAM in the system.

If all you have is onboard Video ( video is intergrated to motherboard ) then I would look in the BIOS and see if you can increase the amount of ram allocated to the video side; by default most set to 64MB.

The down side to just sharing more RAM with the video side is that if you are hurting for RAM (256MB bare minimum for Winxp, 512MB ok 1GB pref) you will still see a lag issue because system resources will be eaten up by active proccesses before you even think about playing a game... Good luck...

12-23-06, 09:47 AM   #546
Gristadar
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

The game itself needs at least 1gig of ram to work well

12-23-06, 03:11 PM   #547
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Voonka
Is there a version of the mod that uses less resources? I had to set my ram consumption ridiculously high, and thats just for your more compact version. Basically I just want the hotkeys with the art, minimap, and hud; for some reason I can't get just that and it bogs my game down baaaaad. In a raid I was getting a really really really really low frame rate with the UI up. When I say low I mean 5.6 fps. HELP!
I don't know why so many people in the WoW community think that ram usage is closely correlated with the fps you get. Assuming you have the recommended system specs for the game, that's really not true unless your memory settings are too low or those add-ons routinely parse all that data. The UI takes about 55mb with a full install and about half that with a minimal install. I don't think either of those numbers are particularly high or problematic if you have things set correctly.

If you have fps issues, I'd look for a more specific reason than just memory usage. I'd troubleshoot to find particular add-ons that might be causing you problems. Now, one real issue some testers have had is with UI scale. I've had several people people who lose a lot of fps when they run at 0.64 scale. And that's one thing that is not easy to get around.

12-23-06, 03:32 PM   #548
Valasso
A Murloc Raider
hey mazz
Is there a chance to join youre beta grp? I already wrote a application to your grp but dont know if it was the right form to ask, becaus i dont get an answer ^^ , so i ask @ forum again now Would be happy abaout an answer

Valasse

12-23-06, 05:33 PM   #549
ayra
A Murloc Raider
the FPS is more of a combination of your ram and your video card, i shold be able to run WoW fine whit 512mb RAM, But if your Video card isnt good enugh you will get FPS isues anyweys and if u then go ahed and use lots of addons you will get down to 5 FPS i have been there, grab yourself a bether video/grafic crad for your pc and add a 200RAM and you will run mazzles UI fine whit about 18-25 FPS wich is more then enugh if you ask me.

i myself have 1,5 Giga ram and a prety good Video card and i have 25-40 FPS depending on the sitoation (and yes i do use addons, ALOT)
before i uppgraded my video card i had 15-20 fps so well im prety sure your video card is the probelm =)

and mazzle You are the gratest and im realy looking forward for your new release of the UI
and im sorry that i made sucha long post not honoring you all they way xD

MARY CHRISMASS !!!

12-24-06, 03:11 AM   #550
Voonka
A Cyclonian
Thanks ayra. Unfortunately I'm gaming on a laptop, its got 778 ram (laptops have strange and lame amounts lol) and a 64mb vid card, unfortunately this must not be enough cause my usual 54 fps dives whenever mazzle's is up I guess I'll have to finish my PC sooner than expected cause I need to be using this UI lol.

P.S. The vid card is crap, its got a 2 pixel pipeline and a low low chipset. I was just wondering if there was a way I could get Mazzle's graphic interface with less of the addons. There wasn't really an option in the mazzifier that let me go bare bone.

12-24-06, 03:18 AM   #551
Voonka
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
I don't know why so many people in the WoW community think that ram usage is closely correlated with the fps you get. Assuming you have the recommended system specs for the game, that's really not true unless your memory settings are too low or those add-ons routinely parse all that data. The UI takes about 55mb with a full install and about half that with a minimal install. I don't think either of those numbers are particularly high or problematic if you have things set correctly.

If you have fps issues, I'd look for a more specific reason than just memory usage. I'd troubleshoot to find particular add-ons that might be causing you problems. Now, one real issue some testers have had is with UI scale. I've had several people people who lose a lot of fps when they run at 0.64 scale. And that's one thing that is not easy to get around.
Thanks Mazz, I didn't mean for it to sound like I was saying the lack of ram was messing my FPS I was just ... well whining I suppose... That my ram was getting devoured. It was one of my 2 problems; that and the frame rate being the other. I did manage to increase my frame rate slightly by allocating a little more ram for the card but I will get a virtual memory low pop every now and then. I did do a little tweaking and managed to get this to work but I have to shut it off for raids.

12-24-06, 08:30 AM   #552
Aygen
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

64mb vid card
Oh god ... I didn't think they made those any more ... hell my craptop has at least a 128

12-24-06, 01:41 PM   #553
Kamishimi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Thanks ayra. Unfortunately I'm gaming on a laptop, its got 778 ram (laptops have strange and lame amounts lol) and a 64mb vid card, unfortunately this must not be enough cause my usual 54 fps dives whenever mazzle's is up I guess I'll have to finish my PC sooner than expected cause I need to be using this UI lol.

P.S. The vid card is crap, its got a 2 pixel pipeline and a low low chipset. I was just wondering if there was a way I could get Mazzle's graphic interface with less of the addons. There wasn't really an option in the mazzifier that let me go bare bone.
Um...yeah...that would be your problem, not the interface. I'm surprised you can even run WoW with this setup.

64mb vid card = OLD AS HECK

12-24-06, 05:48 PM   #554
Kierrkian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
When away from home I use my Laptop for playing it's running Vista Premium, 768Mb RAM, ATI 9200 (shared at 128MB). I lag in IF but otherwise no problems.... that being said it doesnt have MazzleUI running on it either ( did not want to make it stress anymore than it already was )

12-24-06, 06:39 PM   #555
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I recommend getting a XPS laptop. That's what I made all of this stuff on.

Anyway, I think everyone is right. You're problem is a more general video one. If you have to rely on using your system memory for video memory, you're going to lose a lot of fps if you need to dip into it.

12-24-06, 06:39 PM   #556
Park.
A Defias Bandit
UGh. since the patch game

i havn't played cause i wont go back to crappy ass mods.

PLEASE finish this asap.
(Without sounding to pushy, or desperate )

Ballparked idea when you will release this wonderful wonderful mod?

12-24-06, 06:40 PM   #557
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Oh yeah, testers, keep your eyes open tonight. Santa might have something under the tree

12-24-06, 06:45 PM   #558
megachris110
A Kobold Labourer
hey mazz. apreciate all the work your doing have a good christmas or what ever you celebrate . looking forward to your awesome ui

chris

12-24-06, 07:10 PM   #559
Park.
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Oh yeah, testers, keep your eyes open tonight. Santa might have something under the tree

and for non testers?

or people who want to be testers?

12-24-06, 09:09 PM   #560
antronics
A Murloc Raider
I will donate for a few reasons, because I know you have spent an unimagionable ammount of time on this, and are willing tot share it with the public.

My question is, if i donate now, will I get to be partt of the 2.0 testers? And how much do you normaly get tas a donation?

If its too latte for me to be able to beta this for 2.0, I understand, and will still donate.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI