12-17-10, 08:44 AM   #1
ezarra
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Split Map when indoors

Whenever I am inside (indoors anywhere or in and instance) and I pull up the map, I get a split map. the left side is a greatly magnified minimap, but only the left side of it, and the right side is the zone map, but only the right half of it. There is no way to get Carbonite to show just the instance map or cave map, or whatever I happen to be in, and no way to disable this split view that I can see.

12-17-10, 11:24 AM   #2
Rhaeven
A Murloc Raider
This could be one of two things. On the options pane under "Map minimap" there are options for docking whilst inside or docking whilst in instances, which would give you a small minimap in the corner of carbonite. However there is also an option for maximize minimap when indoors or in an instance. This is what would give the behaviour you are describing.

However, recently I've been having problems with that. Carbonite will sometimes, after leaving an instance, not shrink the minimap down again. It becomes permanently docked and maximized and no amount of reloadui or restarting WoW will fix it. The only fix I have so far found is to delete carbonite and reinstall it.

12-17-10, 12:45 PM   #3
ezarra
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
That looks like it might be it. Will check when I get into an instance. In TolBarad the map is a big blurry blob of nothing…

Nope. Now I just get either a zone map (no isntance map for Lost City) or a large grey space (Stone core) and a tiny mini map in the upper left

Last edited by ezarra : 12-17-10 at 02:00 PM.

12-17-10, 02:56 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

When you say:
Whenever I am inside (indoors anywhere or in and instance) and I pull up the map, I get a split map. the left side is a greatly magnified minimap, but only the left side of it, and the right side is the zone map, but only the right half of it.
That tells me that you have the "Minimap docks when map is maximized" option checked on your "Map Minimap" Carbonite Options page. That will have the Blizzard minimap take over half of the maximized (hit the "M" key) Carbonite map. Just uncheck it and it will work normally again.

If you want to see the Blizzard minimap in the maximized (or minimized) Carbonite map, just press and hold the "ctrl" key.

12-17-10, 11:50 PM   #5
ezarra
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
When you say: That tells me that you have the "Minimap docks when map is maximized" option checked on your "Map Minimap" Carbonite Options page. That will have the Blizzard minimap take over half of the maximized (hit the "M" key) Carbonite map. Just uncheck it and it will work normally again.

If you want to see the Blizzard minimap in the maximized (or minimized) Carbonite map, just press and hold the "ctrl" key.
On that panel I have the first 4 options checked, the next 4 unchecked, checked (square) next two unchecked, then on, off, on then three off and the last 4 on.

12-22-10, 06:42 PM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

OK. But, is the option I mentioned checked or not? I'm not in-game, and I don't know when I will be to check, so a simple "Yes" or "No" would be sufficient.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Split Map when indoors