12-20-10, 02:19 PM   #1
mrlister
A Murloc Raider
All quest givers shown

Can we hide a quest giver if i have already completed that quest?

12-20-10, 06:56 PM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Well, I can't — I'm not on that quest.

I may be mistaken, but I think if you've completed all the quests a particular quest giver might give you, his icon may be hidden, or it may be that when you mouse over it, all the quests he gives are grey. Not sure which is true, or if either is, but I think it's the former.

12-20-10, 09:02 PM   #3
chococat
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

yes, that's true, the quest giver icon will disappear if you have completed ALL of the quests for them. if it is a class-only type quest that you're not able to pick up the icon will stay... well i'm not exactly sure if there is a way to manually delete these though

12-22-10, 08:01 AM   #4
Wyldhunt
A Fallenroot Satyr
I may be wrong, but I think I remember seeing an option in the quest database page (Open your quests page and click on the database tab) which allowed you to mark a quest as complete, which would probably solve this problem.

I may be thinking of a different addon though.

12-22-10, 08:25 AM   #5
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Wyldhunt View Post
I may be wrong, but I think I remember seeing an option in the quest database page (Open your quests page and click on the database tab) which allowed you to mark a quest as complete, which would probably solve this problem.
Indeed, and you can also right click the questgiver icon to set quests as complete from there.

12-22-10, 08:54 AM   #6
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
We will be adding quest categories to the quest database soon which will allow us to filter out quests that you can't get due to class or profession. It will also allow us to filter out the seasonal events that aren't available at that time.

12-22-10, 08:58 AM   #7
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by mrlister View Post
Can we hide a quest giver if i have already completed that quest?
You can also right click in the quest list (history page I think) and there should be a menu option to retrieve completed quest history from the server. This will automatically flag quests you have done as complete and they will no longer show up as starters.

12-22-10, 05:21 PM   #8
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Haavok View Post
We will be adding quest categories to the quest database soon which will allow us to filter out quests that you can't get due to class or profession. It will also allow us to filter out the seasonal events that aren't available at that time.
Maybe even from movable sources? I'm thinking like the Storm Peaks chain whereby you summon an image of Brann Bronzebeard to take and turn in quests, or any item you can use at any place that starts a quest.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » All quest givers shown