03-06-06, 09:13 AM   #101
aceracer24
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by Xageroth
Deleting the saved variable should have worked. Maybe you didn't delete the right one. It should be under your specific character.
YOu can tell by this thread that we really like your mod. I hope you plan to continue to improve it and not let it fall to the wayside. There are some issues still with it that we'd like to have addressed if you have the time. Models frequently vanish or move out of view. WHile not game breaking it does present a problem and kinda makes the mod useless. Please don't stop working on this great mod. Us users can be cruel at times but we do understand that mods like this take a considerable amount of time and we really appreciate your efforts!!
03-06-06, 10:04 AM   #102
dafire
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Guardix
The Perl unit frames got this 3D replacement, but the camera is facing to the "head" on every model, maybe you can look around in the addon codes, so you can make a command to add this.
http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=2257
If you had read the thread you would have seen following notice on page 4:

You are describing the fixed camera code which the WoW API provides. The plus side is that it is more reliable (except for some models such as boss mobs). The negative is that you can not manipulate the model as you can with this mod.

As I mentioned, fixed camera positioning will be available as an option later down the road.
03-06-06, 01:55 PM   #103
Ratheri
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Maeliss
you can do it with dfm

1 - group with 4 people

2 - open dfm

4 - point with mouse on each 3D model of your party and add them to DFM (configure the hotkey "Add frame beneath mouse" or "add frame beneath mouse and its children" for dfm)

now in "user added frames" of dfm you have 4 frames : ModelCitizen_CameraX (X=2,3,4,5 for each 3D models of your group,0 is your 3D frame and 1 is the target 3D model)

Maybe you have ModelCitizen_CameraX_Avatar too but they are children's frame of ModelCitizen_CameraX , we don't need to use it

5 - for each ModelCitizen_CameraX , check "use" of the option "Parent
Frame"

and use this Parent Frame for each ModelCitizen_CameraX

ModelCitizen_Camera2 ==> DUF_PartyFrame1
ModelCitizen_Camera3 ==> DUF_PartyFrame2
ModelCitizen_Camera4 ==> DUF_PartyFrame3
ModelCitizen_Camera5 ==> DUF_PartyFrame4

6 - now when you will use the option of duf to hide party frames in raid , 3D model will disapeard too

it's just a user tip so maybe there is other tip but this one work for me ^^,maybe it's depend of your ui too cos i found the parent for my 3D model with the frame finder of dfm
you just have to look wich frames disapear when you use duf hide party frame in raid option and use the same parent

(sorry for my english , i'm french)
Damn, that's brilliant.... wish I would have thought of that...
03-07-06, 12:14 AM   #104
Xageroth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by aceracer24
Please don't stop working on this great mod. Us users can be cruel at times but we do understand that mods like this take a considerable amount of time and we really appreciate your efforts!!
I appreciate the kind words.
You wouldn't know it if I released it, but there has been a lot of changes. The code has been rewritten from the ground up to be faster, cleaner, 1.10 compatible, and accessible as a platform for dealing with 3d models for usage by other mods.

That alone isn't enough tho to warrant the next release I don't think. So I've begun work on what is actually a secondary/optional addon called Zuxana's Steady Cam. The SteadyCam is a model canonicalizer and viewpoint database. What I want it to do is first normalize a lot of the models so that they're more reliable, get around the quirkiness that has hung up myself and so many other mod authors, and then on top of that it allows for saving multiple "channels" for each model.

Between Model Citizen, Steady Cam, my guild, another project I'm working on related to WoW which will remain secret *grin*, and real life stuff I've been pretty busy so I appreciate the patience. I don't always have the time to respond here, but I read. If I don't answer a question, it's most likely because it was answered on previous pages or by other members.
03-11-06, 03:24 PM   #105
dezzy
A Kobold Labourer
Hi Xageroth, you made a great addon, but I have a little problem.

Nothing works, except for the target's 3d model. My own model/party members don't show up at all. When I bring up the worldmap and close it they show up again for a few seconds, just to dissappear again. I've tried changing camera positions, but it simply doesn't work. Also, this has nothing to do with party members being to far away, this also occurs when I'm close to them.

Also, when I CAN see my the 3d model of my own character/party members, I can't zoom in enough to get what I want (I only need the upper body to be displayed, but instead I see the whole body, simply can't zoom in enough).

Some help with this would be very appreciated, because this addon deserves to be used to its full potential!

EDIT: equipping/re-equipping does NOT work, in fact, no solution that has been brought up in any of the posts in this thread has worked so far.

Last edited by dezzy : 03-14-06 at 03:36 PM.
03-14-06, 08:06 AM   #106
Pushead
A Kobold Labourer
Suggestion

Beautiful mod Xag, it really makes my interface come to life - thank you

I read through the first 4-5 pages of this thread and the last page and didn't see that anyone had made this specific suggestion so if I am repeating someone I apologize. I honestly don't care about using this mod for my targets, I like just having myself and my party members' models displayed. I mean, why do I need my target's model displayed somewhere when I am looking at the target all the time anyway? I know a lot of people want this functionality but if we put that aside for a second I think I might have a decent suggestion on the camera -> model problem.

Would it be possible to save the camera angle / distance seperately from the bounding box size / position? The first thing you have to do when you install ModelCitizen is position your bounding boxes and size them accordingly. If I have my party boxes all setup and positioned, never to be moved again, then could you save camera angle / distance based on race instead of party position? There are currently only 8 races available so this really doesn't seem like it would be too memory intensive. There are of course exceptions to the rule, like using Noggenfogger Elixirs, using the Furbolg wand, being turned into a toad, etc .. but these exceptions are few and shouldn't be hard to map out.

Also, do you have plans for a "lock" feature? I've noticed on the rare occassion I'll accidentally click and drag on one of my bounding boxes and mess up the camera angle or size/position by accident.

Thanks for reading,
Pus

Last edited by Pushead : 03-14-06 at 08:09 AM.
03-14-06, 08:59 AM   #107
aceracer24
A Theradrim Guardian
I appreciate the kind words.
You wouldn't know it if I released it, but there has been a lot of changes. The code has been rewritten from the ground up to be faster, cleaner, 1.10 compatible, and accessible as a platform for dealing with 3d models for usage by other mods.

That alone isn't enough tho to warrant the next release I don't think. So I've begun work on what is actually a secondary/optional addon called Zuxana's Steady Cam. The SteadyCam is a model canonicalizer and viewpoint database. What I want it to do is first normalize a lot of the models so that they're more reliable, get around the quirkiness that has hung up myself and so many other mod authors, and then on top of that it allows for saving multiple "channels" for each model.

Between Model Citizen, Steady Cam, my guild, another project I'm working on related to WoW which will remain secret *grin*, and real life stuff I've been pretty busy so I appreciate the patience. I don't always have the time to respond here, but I read. If I don't answer a question, it's most likely because it was answered on previous pages or by other members.

Your most welcome! Always a pleasure to see the auther is still comited Looking forward of course to your next piece of works but by all means, take your time.
03-19-06, 08:56 PM   #108
vhx
A Murloc Raider
Awesome mod, great work to everyone!

I love the ZMOBDB database that was added. BTW if some of you don't know, on worldofwar.net someone posted a good fix for making it so beasts saved by family type and players are saved as race type instead of customizing and saving each players name
Code:
	if UnitExists(unittype) then -- neues target wird ausgewählt
		if(UnitIsPlayer(unittype)) then -- Ein Spieler?
			if (UnitRace(unittype) == UnitRace("player")) then
				db_name = "default";
			else
				db_name = UnitRace(unittype);
			end

elseif (UnitCreatureType(unittype) == "Beast") or (UnitCreatureType(unittype) == "Demon")  then
			if (UnitCreatureFamily(unittype) == UnitCreatureFamily("player")) then
				db_name = "default";
			else
				db_name = UnitCreatureFamily(unittype);
			end
		else

if (UnitName(unittype) == UnitName("player")) then
				db_name = "default";
			else
				db_name = UnitName(unittype);
			end
		end
Unfortunately NPCs and any mobs that aren't beasts have no CreatureFamily or Race that you can get. So every NPC and non-beast has to be manually added into the database. Also not sure how a premade database would work considering everyone has their own zoom and width/height box dimensions, maybe manipulating some type of scaling function? I dont know.

Anywho onto the actual mod itself.
A few options I would like to see with this mod is:
- Option to disabling Party1-4, Self, Target models.
- Option for party pets, also toggleable.
- Option for locking box dimensions. (Seriously how many of you have accidentally hit shift instead of ctrl when trying to zoom-in out and accidentally messing up the box? I know I have plenty of times)

Anywho GJ so far cant wait to see the next release.

EDIT: Is it possible to edit the party members to use the database so they all don't show up different?

I am having problems with the models resetting, sometimes it happens while changing maps, entering BG's, and sometimes it happens when i look at my map and then exit it. Any fixes soon?

Last edited by vhx : 06-11-06 at 02:26 AM.
03-21-06, 04:41 PM   #109
Masterfrog
A Kobold Labourer
I think you should also add the option to, in the upcoming options menu, select at what layer each of the models should be displayed on. For example, I have boxes with text in them next to the target model (target name, class, level etc.) and when the character moves a little (you know, how they don't stand completely still) it renders on top of the background boxes of the text, but not atop the text itself. Extremely annoying.

Oh, and by the way, this is some superb piece of work! Keep it up!

EDIT:: Right, thought I'd tell you. In my case the party boxes are really tiny and I have them zoomed in to just the face, but sometimes, without any reason that I've seen, they reset back to full-body (and because the boxes are pretty small, I can't see shiet T_T). But they revert back from that pretty quickly. Just so you know.

Last edited by Masterfrog : 03-21-06 at 04:50 PM.
03-22-06, 09:33 PM   #110
azithinkibe
A Defias Bandit
Hey there,

Awesome mod first of all! Very cool, but simple and easy to configure as well.

Trouble is, I think I'm still getting the bug you mentioned about camera settings resetting, even after updating to the latest version. It's like I have to setup the camera zoom for EVERY NPC and player in the game.

If I target one human warrior, for instance, and get him all set up in the target box, when I target a different human warrior, its gone back to default. The box is in the same position and same size, but the models zoomed back out to a full body shot. Once I set it up for a particular player, it'll stay like that (so I can switch targets, come back to one I already set up, and have it be the same), but it changes to default for every player and NPC type.

Is this the problem you fixed in the latest version, or a different scenario? Either way, it's the problem I'm getting

Any help? Thanks!
03-24-06, 02:26 AM   #111
lius2k2
A Kobold Labourer
move target model..

i accidently lose my targeted model....i cant find it back anywhere how do i recover it??
03-25-06, 02:22 AM   #112
JpnFfantasy
A Defias Bandit
Is it possible for the models to animate in real time? Whatever player, party member, and Target is doing it'll show up in the 3d models.

Ex. Running/Casting/Swinging/etc
03-28-06, 03:13 PM   #113
juno
A Murloc Raider
1.10 is here..

...now can you please update it? I don't really care if you have scrapped the damn code or something and arent going to work on it but making it compatible with 1.10 is the least you could do.
03-28-06, 04:02 PM   #114
Kharzon
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by juno
...now can you please update it? I don't really care if you have scrapped the damn code or something and arent going to work on it but making it compatible with 1.10 is the least you could do.
Thats pretty rude. I'd update it and give it to everyone else but you ;0
03-28-06, 05:06 PM   #115
vhx
A Murloc Raider
Is this compatible with 1.10?
03-28-06, 09:02 PM   #116
Xageroth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by juno
Sounds like a volunteer. Knock yourself out.

As for me, I'll get to it when I can.

edit-
btw, the patch didn't break my code. So I'm not even sure why you were complaining.

Last edited by Xageroth : 03-28-06 at 11:18 PM.
03-29-06, 01:57 PM   #117
Jesamage
A Kobold Labourer
Love the mod, and I've seen others mention this issue in passing, but hadn't noticed a solution posted to it yet:

My own 3d model randomly disappears, (every 30 seconds or so: When I'm standing, walking, doing nothing--doesn't seem to have a rhyme or reason to it). I have to open and close my map to make it reappear each time. Also, whenever I click on a target, I have to open and close my map again to get it to appear. That's a lot of map-opening in a 5-minute perioud to get it to function. Anyone found a solution to this? I'd love to get it working properly.
03-29-06, 11:04 PM   #118
jeur
A Murloc Raider
Sounds like a volunteer. Knock yourself out.

As for me, I'll get to it when I can.

edit-
btw, the patch didn't break my code. So I'm not even sure why you were complaining.
They probably really like your mod Nevertheless, if mods don't get updated they are discarded, because they are too problematic to bother with.
03-30-06, 02:28 AM   #119
dafire
Premium Member
you have always the choice to discard it, or bother with it

don't forget this is free software, you havn't payed anything for it, and xageroth possibly works on it in his free time..

if xageroth has time and has good mind to work on it fine.. if not you have to live with it.
03-30-06, 03:11 AM   #120
Xageroth
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Jesamage
Love the mod, and I've seen others mention this issue in passing, but hadn't noticed a solution posted to it yet:

My own 3d model randomly disappears, (every 30 seconds or so: When I'm standing, walking, doing nothing--doesn't seem to have a rhyme or reason to it). I have to open and close my map to make it reappear each time. Also, whenever I click on a target, I have to open and close my map again to get it to appear. That's a lot of map-opening in a 5-minute perioud to get it to function. Anyone found a solution to this? I'd love to get it working properly.
I've known about this issue and I believe it's because I've missed an event somewhere. Haven't had much luck figuring out which event that would be. There are a few people who mention, like yourself, that it's a pretty constant problem. For me, it's very infrequent and mostly rare.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Zuxana's Model Citizen