10-26-10, 08:44 PM   #1
jbashara
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Exclamation Standalone Ace2, Ace3 and other libraries...

A few months back I noticed several standalone libraries in my addon directory; Ace2, Ace3, LibRock-1.0 and a few others (each in its respective folder with the same name). Since I didn't manually install these, I can only guess they were side-installed with other addons, or by the MMOUI or Curse addon managers.

Do I need these standalone libraries to run addons dependent on them, or will each addon use its own self-contained library? Any pros/cons either way?

For example, I noticed that Ace2 and Ace3 are using 2 to 3MB each while they're loaded in-game. They're not using that many CPU cycles so I'm not too concerned about it, but if I don't need them I'd rather not load them.

Here's a link to a pastebin text copy of my addon list, if it helps anything... You'll see several other libraries in the "L" section (lib*):

http://paste2.org/p/1056709

Thanks

"People with real courage and character always seem sinister to the rest."
- Herman Hesse, Damian
10-26-10, 09:17 PM   #2
brotherhobbes
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No, you do not need separate libraries (disembedded libraries). You can safely delete those. The only issue you'd run into is if you've installed one of your addons with disembedded libraries. This could be fixed by just reinstalling it, though.

In the Curse client there's two places you could have turned on a setting which would have installed addons with disembedded libraries.

The first is when you right click on an addon, if you select "Install Libraries Separately". While you could go through every single addon you have and look for this, an easier way to reset them all is the second option.

Tools -> Options -> Games & Addons -> make sure that "Install Separately" is unchecked. Then push the "Reset All" button. This will go through every addon and make sure that you don't have any of them set to install with disembedded libraries.

Side note. You might want to through your addons and delete some. Looks like you have some addons with duplicate functionality in there (ElkBuffBars & SimpleBuffBars, Bazooka & Chocolate Bar, etc).
10-26-10, 09:42 PM   #3
jbashara
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Thanks for the help; I'll try resetting them in the Curse app and see if that fixes it.

As for the redundant addons, I only enable about half of the addons in that list for a particular character. I also have a bad habit of storing unused addons in the Interface/Addons folder so that I can test or compare them later...

Thanks again for the advice.

"People with real courage and character always seem sinister to the rest."
- Herman Hesse, Damian

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Standalone Ace2, Ace3 and other libraries...