01-11-09, 02:33 PM   #1
kilth2
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Suggestions for my UI please

Here is my current UI, any suggestions on how i can improve it im in the building phase and i would like to, maybe a cool mini-map addon with better textures, also if anyone uses barkeep(i'm only using it because BT4 clamps to screen) some of my bars arent showing even with full buttons. Any suggestions would please be nice Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_011009_152611.jpg
Views:	711
Size:	340.7 KB
ID:	2180  
01-11-09, 02:59 PM   #2
Toran
A Nerdscale Dorkin

Premium Member
I'd try a few addons such as:

Dominos - action bars
ButtonFacade - to add some consistency in the UI via skinned buttons
PocketPlot, pminimap, rminimap - any will do

Try those to start?
01-11-09, 03:53 PM   #3
tinyu
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Bartender4 (latest version has anti-clamping options)
Chinchilla (its the minimap mod of awesomeness)
01-11-09, 03:53 PM   #4
kilth2

Thats nice i got rminimap any ideas on other ways to change it? I looked at roths ui and i kinda like the idea of 3D partymembers anyone know an addon i could use for that and a good way to incorporate that with my commpilation
01-11-09, 04:20 PM   #5
kilth2

Where did you get BT4 at I have looked on curse and wowinterface and niether have anti clamping
01-11-09, 04:42 PM   #6
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by kilth2 View Post
Where did you get BT4 at I have looked on curse and wowinterface and niether have anti clamping
I'm not sure about BT, but in Dominos you can disable clamping by pressing ctrl while dragging your bars. It's possibly something similar to that in BT.
01-11-09, 05:08 PM   #7
kilth2

Originally Posted by Psoewish View Post
I'm not sure about BT, but in Dominos you can disable clamping by pressing ctrl while dragging your bars. It's possibly something similar to that in BT.
I found it it was shift, alright this is what I got now any suggestions in how i could make it better are very helpful, Mainly i want to improve the graphical look of it.

Also I really like my idea to put the casting bar into the buttons area i think it just looks sweet, once again in comments are awesome!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_011009_180319.jpg
Views:	671
Size:	276.2 KB
ID:	2181  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_011009_180325.jpg
Views:	657
Size:	327.0 KB
ID:	2182  
01-11-09, 06:06 PM   #8
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

I would recommend a few things:

I would probably swap the top bar on the right with the cast bar and middle bar

I am a huge fan of bar mods such as fubar and titan and would recommend grabbing that as I believe most of those mini map buttons you have there you could grab plugins that replace and hide them. Personally what I do is replace minimap buttons with as many fubar plugins as I can and the rest I hide cause I do not want to see minimap buttons on my screen.

Whichever bar mod you have it will allow you to scale down the action bars and I would recommend that personally I like small buttons. I personally use .65% and I am a clicker I dont use my keyboard.

I would also recommend replacing the bottom bar you are using (the big black box at the bottom) and grab sunnart viewport just look up sunnart here and grab all the extra art packs (think there is 9) as there are a ton of pictures in there and I really like it.

I would also recommend grabbing an addon such as chatter, chatmod, prat and I am sure there are others but you can use em to disable the buttons on the chat mod as well as move the edit box to the top of the chat window.

Also I think things would looks a little more tidy if you hid the location bar of the minimap.

And actually as far as 3d pictures for the unit frames looks like you are using xperl which has support for 3d pictures in there.

All in all not a bad looking UI at all though, Nice Job!

- Winston Churchill

Last edited by Miralen : 01-11-09 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Remembered a few ideas
01-11-09, 06:20 PM   #9
kilth2

Nice long post, fIrst I ahve the castbar at its spot cause i feel it makes my ui feel integrated, 2,I might get fubar but i havent looked into it, 3, I like the buttons kinda larger tried spartan once and that was a big part of it, 4, i had sunnart and i dont know i didnt really like it, and btw thats eepanels,(also i am trying to figure out how to make a minimap with flames coming out it, anyone knows how to it would be awesome) and that is chatmod btw
01-11-09, 06:22 PM   #10
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Ahh cool I think it hides the buttons for the chat frame and enables mouse wheel scrolling. Sadly I cant help ya with the minimap graphical part, I have no idea how you would do that.

- Winston Churchill
01-11-09, 08:26 PM   #11
Jaffy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Personally, I don't like big blocks of solid textures on my screen - I dont know, it just seems to get in the way. You could try adding some transparency to the textures - it might give it a nice look.

Edit: I'm not sure if BT4 supports ButtonFacade, but you might throw that in the mix. They just dont seem to fit in with the rest of the UI.

Last edited by Jaffy : 01-11-09 at 08:28 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Suggestions for my UI please