08-12-08, 08:18 AM   #1
Vlad
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question A Javascript equivalent to RunScript?

As the title says, any Javascript experts that can tell me if there is a RunScript equivalent? Using jQuery to query a PHP script that responds with a message, but if the message contains the text {js:<javascript code>} it will parse it but for now I can't do anything except just displaying the Javascript code as a alert, I would like to run it instead.

http://vlacula.no-ip.com/jquery/ (Test #3 and #4, you will see what I mean. *wink*)

Hope someone here can help me out! ^^
08-14-08, 08:28 AM   #2
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
It's been forever since I've used Javascript, however I think the function you are looking for is exec()

EDIT: I was close eval()
http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/jsref_eval.asp
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
08-14-08, 11:27 AM   #3
VgerAN
A Cyclonian

eval() will do it. You should make sure that you know where the string is coming from if you use eval() -- if it's coming directly from your server, that's fine; you should just make sure that it isn't something that another user has control over. (If another user had control over it, they could, for example, steal login cookies, record password, and so on -- most anything that you as the site author could do.)
08-15-08, 01:02 AM   #4
Vlad
A Molten Giant

Thumbs up

Thank you very much.

About the response, yeah it's all decided by me.. hehe. But it's nice for temporary links that expire and such, for example you have to enter in the correct keyword that the PHP will check and if matching respond with the temporary link that the user will be redirected to. Me like...

Ty all

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » A Javascript equivalent to RunScript?