07-29-09, 09:41 AM   #81
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by anstaendig View Post
Thanks for your help, but I already got it running. I downloaded some nice "add-ins" as I call them like "nUI: Config". With this add-in it was pretty easy to configure it.

But there's still a problem I can't get rid of on my own. Above the chat there's a buff bar which I can't switch off. I know I can download this Aurabox add-in but I think both possibilities suck. Is there any way to get rid of this bar?
Not without losing other functionality... like the HOT/DOT bar, etc.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

07-29-09, 05:03 PM   #82
anstaendig
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Not without losing other functionality... like the HOT/DOT bar, etc.
:\

So there are three options for me:
  • 1) Deal with it and use the standard version...
  • 2)...or with the AuraBox plugin.
  • 3) Learn how to create your own GUI. - I don't say this is impossible because I'm kind of a nerd but I even don't know how start. And I'm sure this would take some time.

I saw some amazing GUI's over several sites but not even a bit of information. So there are ways to get my problem fixed. I can understand if you don't want to recommend some other tools but maybe you can give me some tips or hints to get nearer to a solution.

Last edited by anstaendig : 07-29-09 at 05:07 PM.

07-29-09, 05:11 PM   #83
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
But there's still a problem I can't get rid of on my own. Above the chat there's a buff bar which I can't switch off. I know I can download this Aurabox add-in but I think both possibilities suck. Is there any way to get rid of this bar?
Am I reading the aura question correctly ? You want to remove the aura information completely because they may be in the wrong place or something like that ?

If that is the case to some degree with the combination of the aura buttons plugin to turn the lists into buttons then setting the number of auras to show to 0 you are in essence turning that functionality off. You can then install another aura addon that you prefer to position wherever you want.

07-29-09, 05:19 PM   #84
anstaendig
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Am I reading the aura question correctly ? You want to remove the aura information completely because they may be in the wrong place or something like that ?

If that is the case to some degree with the combination of the aura buttons plugin to turn the lists into buttons then setting the number of auras to show to 0 you are in essence turning that functionality off. You can then install another aura addon that you prefer to position wherever you want.
Well this is not a cleanish solution but if it works I'm fine with it. Thanks, I'll defenitely test it and report.

07-29-09, 05:42 PM   #85
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
This will also cause you to lose all HOT/DOT bar functionality as well as losing all HUD aura display functionality (debuffs on you/your pet/your vehicle as well as buffs on hostile targets, debuffs on friendly targets and the ToT auras).

Setting maxauras to zero affects *ALL* aura displays in the UI, not just the buffs.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

07-29-09, 05:44 PM   #86
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ah, gotcha. See I didn't know that. Was wondering why you said that in reply Seeing other people use that option themselves I didn't realise it had that side affect.

08-26-09, 05:27 AM   #87
Imakefood
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Is so perfect I sometimes wanna cry...

But i really wanna thank Speil and Xrystal for informing me on how to change the coding to make my action bars the perfect size, show my action bar grid all the time and for that neat little trick with the MS/FPS bar's location. Those changes in particular really made my UI perfect in my eyes
Oh and I wanna mention as well...I looked at other raidframe addons just to see like what other people used since nUI was my first addon ever and I never really looked. O M G <---that's what I have to say, 100% of anything not nUI is terrible in that department. Absolutely terrible. So...uhhh...yeah, thumbs up on the raidframes yo. Big thumbs up.

*I'm aware of the info panel saying 'Map' instead of 'Recount'. One day I noticed that but I figured the maps make a nifty backround for recount and for zones without a map it....well you see in the pic. so I've kinda never bothered to look into it lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWSS1.jpg
Views:	1046
Size:	412.0 KB
ID:	3225  

Last edited by Imakefood : 08-26-09 at 05:47 AM. Reason: I looked at other addons for raidframes out of curiosity. It wasn't pretty...

08-26-09, 06:16 AM   #88
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Whoa... what a sexay dashboard skin ya gots thar.

Seriously though, that looks extremely nice the way you have it set up! /cheers

Edit: What ButtonFacade skin is that?

Last edited by Petrah : 08-26-09 at 06:18 AM.

08-26-09, 07:40 AM   #89
Imakefood
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
Whoa... what a sexay dashboard skin ya gots thar.

Seriously though, that looks extremely nice the way you have it set up! /cheers

Edit: What ButtonFacade skin is that?
Mine? I just turned the gloss to 75% and changed the first two color options to the darkest black

08-30-09, 09:24 AM   #90
AsheruWolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
Not bad. I did a small update now that my guild has me Elemental rather than Resto...

Oh and before comments are made about my DPS you try pulling 5k in mostly healing gear than get back to me. :P
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CurrentUI.jpg
Views:	935
Size:	648.6 KB
ID:	3270  

09-02-09, 04:22 PM   #91
Wasgij
A Cliff Giant

Nothing Special .. Nui has inspired me to get back into Artwork again for gaming.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Wasgij.jpg
Views:	885
Size:	283.8 KB
ID:	3295  

09-02-09, 10:56 PM   #92
OttoDeFe
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Staring to redesign... again...
but if there's a war
I just don't know if a Bic will save ya..."

-- Last Offence

09-02-09, 11:48 PM   #93
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Here is the way I'm using nUI. Gotta love this UI. xD

/edit to add in screen of the /nui movers command for a potential new user. xD
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_090209_224252.jpg
Views:	897
Size:	291.4 KB
ID:	3302  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_090209_225846.jpg
Views:	859
Size:	224.7 KB
ID:	3303  

Last edited by todd0168 : 09-03-09 at 12:00 AM.

09-05-09, 12:41 PM   #94
hazeus
A Murloc Raider
How?

Hi to everyone and thank you spiel for making such a sweet interface to the game. Wanted to try and do some changes like some of the ppl on here did and was wondering how to get my buffs to show at the bottom like some of the screenshots on here show and is there a special way u have to install button facade to get it to work, thank you

09-05-09, 01:10 PM   #95
lairdofdeath
A Theradrim Guardian
for button facade to work you need

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...tonFacade.html

for the other buffs you want

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...raButtons.html

for other cool plugins check

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/index.php?cid=125

09-05-09, 02:12 PM   #96
hazeus
A Murloc Raider
hmm..

Hey again and thanks for the info on the buffs, just what i wanted! Now, the buttonfacade still not working, i downloaded it and installed just like i would nui but when i log into game and look at my addons it says nui intergration dependency missing, i guess i need to install a skin. Any more help would be just great, thank you

09-05-09, 02:21 PM   #97
lairdofdeath
A Theradrim Guardian
you still have to have button facade installed for it to work its not the mod just a patch type thing to make it work with nui

09-05-09, 03:06 PM   #98
hazeus
A Murloc Raider
thanks

That was it, i was thinking that was the addon, thanks alot

09-05-09, 03:29 PM   #99
hazeus
A Murloc Raider
Ok, not trying to be a pest but dont know who else to ask this, the art work for the back ground on the nui, i download it but dont know how to install it. Also, i see some interfaces with the top console down by the action bars, could someone tell me how to do that please, and again, thanks for all the help!!

09-05-09, 03:42 PM   #100
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by hazeus View Post
Ok, not trying to be a pest but dont know who else to ask this, the art work for the back ground on the nui, i download it but dont know how to install it. Also, i see some interfaces with the top console down by the action bars, could someone tell me how to do that please, and again, thanks for all the help!!
All of the nUI plugins you find install just like any other addon. The one main difference is that in most cases, especially with layouts, they are turned off by default. Hit the "Addons" button on your character selection screen and you will see them listed there, most likely not checked off. Just remember, only enable one layout at a time

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » General » nUI: Movies and Screen Captures » Showoff your Screenshots !!