08-23-09, 11:44 AM   #1
nitti
A Kobold Labourer

A few suggestions from a healers point of view.

I love this addon for its simplicity and its look... BUT, im a healer and there is imo a few things missing...

1. The ability to rightclick with your mouse on a spellbutton for casting that spell on yourself (While targeting a friendly or hostile player).
2. The possibility to change HP/Mana bar's to show current and max HP in simple numbers and the same for mana, instead of xx%

Best regards

Nitti

How do u save a Gnome from drowning, you lift your foot from his head...

08-23-09, 11:54 AM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by nitti View Post
I love this addon for its simplicity and its look... BUT, im a healer and there is imo a few things missing...

1. The ability to rightclick with your mouse on a spellbutton for casting that spell on yourself (While targeting a friendly or hostile player).
2. The possibility to change HP/Mana bar's to show current and max HP in simple numbers and the same for mana, instead of xx%

Best regards

Nitti
If I recall correctly, both of these are already being planned in some way for nUI 6.0 that is being designed now. It's just a waiting game at the moment. But it is being worked on, sometime after Scott gets back from enjoying Blizzcon

08-23-09, 01:03 PM   #3
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by nitti View Post

Yes... this item is very high on the to-do list and will be available in 6.0

Of course, this info is already available in the HUD, but for a healer there's a bigger issue (obviously) and the HUD is of limited use to you. However, you can do this now if you're not afraid of a little simple editing. You would want to edit [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default > UnitPanels > nUI_UnitSkin_{panel mode}_{unit id}.lua ] and look for the ["Health"] and ["Power"] sections. All you have to do is change the "pct_health" and "pct_power" section names to "cur_health" and "cur_power" then save the file and do a '/nui rl' and viola! you get current health and power instead of percent health and power.

Best regards

Nitti[/quote]

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » A few suggestions from a healers point of view.