11-26-10, 04:25 AM   #121
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Status

I'm done for the night. I will be out of the "office" on vacation from tomorrow (Friday) until Sunday. I should have email where I will be, but may not answer forum posts.

On Sunday I will probably be releasing 4.030109 beta as a 4.03 general release on the normal WoWInterface download page.

Later!

11-26-10, 04:31 AM   #122
TrotskyIcepick
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
You probably have files set as read only or user permissions problems on files or folders.
I was just about to post again when I read this. You are correct, though Vista seems to set every folder as read only, and this can't be changed, though it never stops write access to folders.

I have found the issue is something specific to the WTF folder and the Vista permissions applied to it, so, I can finally say it is neither a WoW or a Carbonite issue.

Have posted support request with Microsoft, if anybody else thinks they have the same sort of issue, I'll post my response back here.

Thanks

11-26-10, 04:52 AM   #123
itekimasu
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by sheriffia View Post
Thank You for direction, played with the file several hours, comparing russian part with german one and it works))) Just in case You need it - Attachment 5352
Спасибо огромное за луа! )
thanx a lot!

11-26-10, 05:22 AM   #124
pohli1
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Wink

No. All addons should be able to write to their file in the SavedVariables folder. Actually the game reads and writes the data for the addon. You probably have files set as read only or user permissions problems on files or folders.
Under Win 7 / Win Vista you have to activate an REAL admin. So open a console (cmd), there you type:

net user Administrator /active (enter)

Now you logg off and log on again as admin. Than you open the folder WoW in explorer (...where you have installed? I don't know^^). Do a right klick on the WTF folder and klick preferences. There you uncheck whrite restrictions (allowing all subfolders).

Now all will be fine. You really should switch back to normal user for playing.
For the case you want to deactivate your admin, you have to enter in console:
net user Administrator /active:no (enter)

11-26-10, 06:03 AM   #125
Paprika
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by smedeley View Post
It may be the built-in plugin for the Clock in Titan Bar. Just logged in today to find that the clock on Carbonite was showing (even though it is unchecked) yet my Titan Clock is missing. Titan would not allow me to enable the plugin (nothing happened). When I went into Carbonite and checked the Clock option and then unchecked it, Titan all of sudden allowed me to re-enable the built-in clock plugin.

So, looks like Titan Bar's and Carbonites' clock handling are interfering with one another.

No error reports popped up either, which is odd.
It was the same issue

11-26-10, 11:07 AM   #126
S@thi
A Theradrim Guardian

Just updated to latest version
No issues at this point will report with future findings.

11-26-10, 01:58 PM   #127
Twest
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I need one to test. Low level hopefully. Can you name a few quests that do this?
Most of the quests in Azshara, just outside the rear gates of Org. They start with the Warchief's Command Board inside Org. The names I do not recall, however they pertain to the Shredders that you must reprogram and use to collect lumber, and eventually use to kill a level 10 or 15 Elite.

I did figure out one thing though. Y'all waited till Thanksgiving to release the 108 Beta with the Auto-Complete Fix with the intent to give people something to be thankful for.

11-26-10, 02:26 PM   #128
S@thi
A Theradrim Guardian

Small bug;
1 When joining lowbie dungeons the ingame maps do not appear, instead carbonite uses the carbonite map. Is there a way to fix this or is this an option I did miss out on?
Request:

Would it be possible to locate quest mobs / npc's inside dungeons?

Last edited by S@thi : 11-26-10 at 03:02 PM.

11-26-10, 02:26 PM   #129
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
There appears to be cases where the game functions do not return quest locations to Carbonite. Don't know why. I have seen it happen once and when I tried to debug it, it was working after enabling some debug messages and reloading. I've had almost no time to actually play the game, which does not help find these types of problems.
Yes, its very odd, I tried logging on with another character - and there they showed up? I guess its hard debugging when Blizzard hasn't finished debugging their own stuff

I'm going to give version 9 a try now

11-26-10, 04:04 PM   #130
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Ok, problem remains with 4.030109 - now for all characters.

Regardless of what quest I click on in the quest list i'm told "that objective is not in the database" - even if its old quests.

11-26-10, 05:25 PM   #131
cron0
A Kobold Labourer
AFAIK quests in Outlands and Northrend haven't changed much if not at all. Wouldn't it be possible to keep those in the database and wipe the rest to have it re-populated over time?

11-26-10, 05:51 PM   #132
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
No, update: Its not for all characters - it seems a character starts out ok, then after a while all quests become "that object is not in the data base"

11-26-10, 11:59 PM   #133
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Spahut View Post
No, update: Its not for all characters - it seems a character starts out ok, then after a while all quests become "that object is not in the data base"
Can you give specific quest names? So far the only quests I've seen that Bliz doesn't have locations for are dungeon quests.

11-27-10, 12:02 AM   #134
Haavok

Originally Posted by cron0 View Post
AFAIK quests in Outlands and Northrend haven't changed much if not at all. Wouldn't it be possible to keep those in the database and wipe the rest to have it re-populated over time?
We could but have made some major changes with how the database is built and how captured data is used. Since we have Bliz data to fall back on we figured it would be best to just start from scratch. It will only be a week or two and we'll be running off captured data.

11-27-10, 08:08 AM   #135
Sangdraxx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I noticed the fix for quests that can be turned in anywhere requires the quest to be tracked even after completion. I usually have the "Auto-remove watched quests when completed" option on, would it be possible for a future build to have an exception to that option if it has the ability to be turned in on the spot?

11-27-10, 08:56 AM   #136
S@thi
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by Haavok View Post
Can you give specific quest names? So far the only quests I've seen that Bliz doesn't have locations for are dungeon quests.
Example:
The one where garrosh sends you to kill the demon lord in splintertree post.
No info on either wowhead or in the ingame client.
In the end you find out the demon is the questgiver.

11-27-10, 10:43 AM   #137
Haavok

Originally Posted by S@thi View Post
Example:
The one where garrosh sends you to kill the demon lord in splintertree post.
No info on either wowhead or in the ingame client.
In the end you find out the demon is the questgiver.
Thanks, I'll look into it.

11-27-10, 12:08 PM   #138
S@thi
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by Haavok View Post
Thanks, I'll look into it.
To be more clearly this is the quest I was talking about.
http://www.wowhead.com/quest=13842
Also I noticed the mini game quests
plant vs zombie are not in the database either.
http://www.wowhead.com/quest=28733 and up.

Any news on the other questions I asked?
Originally Posted by S@thi View Post
Small bug;
1 When joining lowbie dungeons the ingame maps do not appear, instead carbonite uses the carbonite map. Is there a way to fix this or is this an option I did miss out on?
Request:

Would it be possible to locate quest mobs / npc's inside dungeons?
Thanks again.

11-27-10, 02:44 PM   #139
[email protected]
A Kobold Labourer
'objective not in the database'

reloadui changes all the nasty orange quest markers back to normal

- you have to do it again when you get new quests

11-27-10, 04:21 PM   #140
redstar427
A Kobold Labourer
Guide does not seem to work properly, points to areas far away

WoW v4.0.3.13329
Carbonite Version 4.030109 beta

While in Stormwind (with 28 Warlock), I try to use the guide, for mailbox, bank, innkeeper, and it points to ones in Outland. None in Stormwind, or even in the Eastern Kingdoms.

I tried with all other addons turned off, with no difference.
I turn on display Lua errors, and none are showing.

Clicking on a quest does seem to point to the correct place.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 4.030xxx Beta (Old. Use 4.032)