05-30-10, 02:11 PM   #2341
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
People should post more idle shoots of their UI, it's where you can see the most of it. I wonder why some even show the unitframes! *sigh*
Fine Dawn! :P

edit - Again, minimap not showing >.>

edit x 2 - Lawl, I turned on the blizzard damage to show above heads, and forgot to turn of MSBT Outgoing Damage :P

05-30-10, 03:32 PM   #2342
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

Hey Ferous,

I'm just wondering what addon you are using for the text that says "7% safe damage"? and also the addon that times deadly poison above the unit frame.

Thanks

05-30-10, 04:35 PM   #2343
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by WaldoJeffers View Post
Hey Ferous,

I'm just wondering what addon you are using for the text that says "7% safe damage"? and also the addon that times deadly poison above the unit frame.

Thanks
The Threat addon is called lolThreat, here on WoWinterface. The Deadly Poison bar is Chronobars, fairly new AddOn, but very great none of the less! Very customizable, I like it alot Also, available on WoWInterface.

05-30-10, 07:02 PM   #2344
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Idle in Hellfire:

05-30-10, 07:24 PM   #2345
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Oooh!

Ferous, I discovered how to "fix" the issue with BF:Svelte and SBF... in the BF config, go to SBF, and make the "Equipped" layer fully transparent. Looks perfect on my setup now.

05-30-10, 09:22 PM   #2346
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
The Threat addon is called lolThreat, here on WoWinterface. The Deadly Poison bar is Chronobars, fairly new AddOn, but very great none of the less! Very customizable, I like it alot Also, available on WoWInterface.
Thanks for that!

05-30-10, 11:31 PM   #2347
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
Ferous, I discovered how to "fix" the issue with BF:Svelte and SBF... in the BF config, go to SBF, and make the "Equipped" layer fully transparent. Looks perfect on my setup now.
I'll see how it goes :P I am not online atm but i'll see it when I log in

05-31-10, 12:25 AM   #2348
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

All the statusbar UI's are just plain boring. Nobody does sth. innoventive . (Except Dawn and the author of RealUI)
I'm probably back on track in mid June...we will see. Having some ideas in my head already.

oUF provides tons of options and most of the people do stuff that can be done with Pitbull aswell. That's pretty sad.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

Last edited by zork : 05-31-10 at 12:30 AM.

05-31-10, 08:44 AM   #2349
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Maybe no one does anything innovative because they're happy with where they are at the moment? Innovation just for the sake of innovation is useless if the state we are at is already perfect. An interface should be functional first and foremost. It's a tool to help you play, not a work of art.

05-31-10, 09:18 AM   #2350
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by haylie View Post
Maybe no one does anything innovative because they're happy with where they are at the moment? Innovation just for the sake of innovation is useless if the state we are at is already perfect. An interface should be functional first and foremost. It's a tool to help you play, not a work of art.
Some of us create layouts just to push the limits of how far we can go with originality, and oUF is a great way to do just that.

But we don't usually play with it (atleast not I don't), good 'ol statusbars is a keeper

05-31-10, 11:32 AM   #2351
Wella
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

I agree with haylie, there's no real need for the majority of us to push forward into new areas. Not that it shouldn't happen, because I think it's an interesting area, but staying in the 'safe zone', as it were, is often the best thing.

It's a bit like music, of which there are two kinds: classic and romantic. Classic music involves sticking to the same formula but doing it really well: a metal band, for example, could say they want to make a new song which is going to have the fastest drums , the heaviest guitar, etc, whereas romantic music involves making something which is completely new and unheard of before. There have been great, legendary songs, musicians and bands that have come from both styles - they are merely preferences.
* ncHoverBind - I'm a Lock, what can you expect?
* oGlow - Agan, a missing feature
* Recount - Derp
* ShooShards - Another missing feature

"Your idea is good. So i will try it."
- popmissa

05-31-10, 12:41 PM   #2352
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Wella View Post
It's a bit like music, of which there are two kinds: classic and romantic.
Having a music degree, and being a music teacher... You lost me here.

But that's off-topic.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-31-10, 01:34 PM   #2353
pHishr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by zork View Post
All the statusbar UI's are just plain boring. Nobody does sth. innoventive . (Except Dawn and the author of RealUI)
I'm probably back on track in mid June...we will see. Having some ideas in my head already.

oUF provides tons of options and most of the people do stuff that can be done with Pitbull aswell. That's pretty sad.
I won't lie, I try to be innovative but you really end up in the same loop as soon as you find something you like.

I've had many ideas which are either hard to pull off, or worse than the previous setup, forcing me to go back to my old setup which I actually like.

I'm not sure what I am trying to say here. :/

05-31-10, 02:48 PM   #2354
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by zork View Post

Well, I try to be innoventive as well, which I think I have in some small cases, but to a degree, I don't really think anyone has brought anything spectacular to the table as everything is just a minor tweak of a tweak of a tweak of a tweak down the years, and so forth :P

05-31-10, 05:07 PM   #2355
Wella

'A tweak of a tweak of a tweak'. I like it.

Also why did I lose you Seerah? If you understand the concept behind the two words as I described, it's really not hard to understand - you don't need to have a music degree, nor be a music teacher, to understand it, in my opinion. I actually have neither anyway, but have been playing guitar for just over 6 years.

Buuuuuut that's off-topic. Back on topic. I think that most UIs that are trying to be inventive and original are often pretty damn awesome and turn out to be a lot better than I would expect, but I would say that sometimes they're just not 'conventional' or 'traditional' enough to be seriously used - they're original for the sake of being original, rather than for the sake of bringing a completely new way of experiencing the game, because that's what a UI is, at the end of the day.
* Recount - Derp

- popmissa

05-31-10, 05:07 PM   #2356
mankeluvsit
An Onyxian Warder

you guys have been off topic sense the page before ....

05-31-10, 05:15 PM   #2357
Wella

Originally Posted by mankeluvsit View Post
you guys have been off topic sense the page before ....
Excellent contribution. /troll

But seriously, have we? It's not exactly off-topic if we're discussing serious things about UIs.
* Recount - Derp

- popmissa

05-31-10, 05:48 PM   #2358
mankeluvsit
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Wella View Post
Excellent contribution. /troll

But seriously, have we? It's not exactly off-topic if we're discussing serious things about UIs.
thanks, beause this thread is for SCREENSHOTS. but thats just me [:

05-31-10, 06:49 PM   #2359
Wella

Yes, it is just you, you are a freak of nature. Just like a troll.

Nah, only kidding. I just took a screenshot to get back on topic, master. This UI is only at the very start of production. I thought I'd try something a little different this time (heh, how ironically topical).

Does anyone know how to change the line spacing in Prat? I asked in the Prat comments but there hasn't been an answer yet. :(
* Recount - Derp

- popmissa

05-31-10, 09:34 PM   #2360
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Combat shot of my little new UI i made

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...