11-15-10, 01:55 AM   #4181
Jaglavak
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by neverg View Post
Well, wrote some addons to finish my UI for Cataclysm... gave me a lot of work but well, I like to tune stuff. :]

This is what I have so far:

Details:

http://f.cl.ly/items/461V1D3J1r3K1O3...umUI_Stats.jpg

http://f.cl.ly/items/121e10280000042...atsTooltip.jpg

Full:

http://f.cl.ly/items/0t0h0S2i3i273k2...510_055051.jpg

rActionBarStyler + rActionButtonStyler + oUF + oUF_lumen + lumStats, lumDrops, lumMinimap, lumBags, lumNoLove, lumBuffs, TinyDPS, MSBT, FreebTip, dNamePlates... etc, etc.
Very nice! Defenitivly the best UI I've seen - and I've seen (and made) a lot! So far that's the only UI I would considering downloading and using instead of my own creation. Nice work!

Last edited by Jaglavak : 11-15-10 at 05:10 AM.

11-15-10, 01:57 AM   #4182
tenub
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Since there's no other unitframes in HL I decided I could get away with a more custom better looking frame design for the other units (target is shown here):

11-15-10, 03:10 AM   #4183
eiszeit
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by tenub View Post
Since there's no other unitframes in HL I decided I could get away with a more custom better looking frame design for the other units (target is shown here):

I like that targetframe with that bar.
I want that statusbar texture (for full (striped) and loss). :/

11-15-10, 05:44 AM   #4184
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Some things are not finished yet, such as my boss mods. Some of the text settings on my UF need to be resized a bit too.

11-15-10, 05:55 AM   #4185
henrik_s
Enhancement Shaman
Originally Posted by tenub View Post

*image*
Looks really great.

11-15-10, 07:24 AM   #4186
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Jaglavak View Post
Very nice! Defenitivly the best UI I've seen - and I've seen (and made) a lot! So far that's the only UI I would considering downloading and using instead of my own creation. Nice work!
Thanks mate. I've released it, but this version I haven't uploaded it yet, still testing for bugs...

You can get the UI here but like I said, it's not updated to the latest version yet.

11-15-10, 07:29 AM   #4187
Luzzifus
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

@Lily.Petal:

What Minimap addon is that, if I may ask?

11-15-10, 07:33 AM   #4188
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Luzzifus View Post
@Lily.Petal:

What Minimap addon is that, if I may ask?
Chinchilla with AI-Art (you can't see the AI-Art part though) and SLDT.

11-15-10, 07:53 AM   #4189
carebear.
Banned

Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
[IMG]
Some things are not finished yet, such as my boss mods. Some of the text settings on my UF need to be resized a bit too.
Just a couple of niggles, not sure if you're using it but try and get the monochrome outline on your pixel fonts. It looks a little fuzzy like a normal outline from the screenshot.

As well as that use one pixel font. Personally I think you should use the more rounded one that you have on your minimap and actionbars instead of that square one.

updated the WIP link in my sig. I also forgot to remove the shadow on MSBT for the beta, so that's gone now (:
New video coming up later this afternoon too if you want to check that out. Just a small preview of 'Lost City of the Tol'vir' on heroic.

11-15-10, 07:56 AM   #4190
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by carebear. View Post
Just a couple of niggles, not sure if you're using it but try and get the monochrome outline on your pixel fonts. It looks a little fuzzy like a normal outline from the screenshot.

As well as that use one pixel font. Personally I think you should use the more rounded one that you have on your minimap and actionbars instead of that square one.
Ya I was trying to decide between the two fonts, I just liked how the numbers were with the square :P

And I normally like just the 'outline' look instead of monochrome. I'll switch everything then post again in a bit.

If there's anything else anyone sees that I might be able to change, tell me ^^ thanks in advance.

11-15-10, 07:58 AM   #4191
carebear.
Banned

Ya I was trying to decide between the two fonts, I just liked how the numbers were with the square :P

And I normally like just the 'outline' look instead of monochrome. I'll switch everything then post again in a bit.
I personally prefer the rounded one; but hey it's your UI so use what you want to use. Same goes with the outline on the fonts. If you prefer to use the normal outline then feel free.

UIs are just personal preference anyway. As long as it works for you whilst you play the game then that's all that matters.

11-15-10, 08:04 AM   #4192
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

I personally prefer the rounded one; but hey it's your UI so use what you want to use. Same goes with the outline on the fonts. If you prefer to use the normal outline then feel free.

UIs are just personal preference anyway. As long as it works for you whilst you play the game then that's all that matters.
Ya but I like the idea that maybe one day someone will want to use one of mine >P

So I take opinions highly.

Last edited by Lily.Petal : 11-15-10 at 08:21 AM.

11-15-10, 08:58 AM   #4193
Aarokh
A Cyclonian

Hah, our guild uses the exact same Guild Logo. White Evil Bunny on a Pink background.

11-15-10, 09:18 AM   #4194
Quokka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

He Lily

Is that just the default font swap or do you back it up with some code, to get the outline / size as you wish

11-15-10, 09:57 AM   #4195
carebear.
Banned

Ya but I like the idea that maybe one day someone will want to use one of mine >P

So I take opinions highly.

[img]
Looks much better with that font, imo (:

11-15-10, 10:05 AM   #4196
Jaglavak
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks mate. I've released it, but this version I haven't uploaded it yet, still testing for bugs...

You can get the UI here but like I said, it's not updated to the latest version yet.
How far from releasing this version are you? If its not that long I might as well wait for it and "stick" with my UI in the meantime.

11-15-10, 10:41 AM   #4197
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Jaglavak View Post
How far from releasing this version are you? If its not that long I might as well wait for it and "stick" with my UI in the meantime.
Maybe today, maybe tomorrow. There is a couple of things I would like to finish. Just added a flashing clock if there is new events in the calendar. I'm focusing on the details now.

11-15-10, 11:34 AM   #4198
Jaglavak
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Maybe today, maybe tomorrow. There is a couple of things I would like to finish. Just added a flashing clock if there is new events in the calendar. I'm focusing on the details now.
Sweet. I'll wait for the release then.

11-15-10, 01:13 PM   #4199
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Quokka View Post
He Lily

Is that just the default font swap or do you back it up with some code, to get the outline / size as you wish
Basically if I did the font swap, because my bars are scaled down a tad, the font would be as well. So I basically downloaded Fontifier, and went in and changed each of the settings it has because the script has more options.

FontStandard is my Pixel'ed font
the one with the + 2 is the actual Keybinding text. I needed something like this so that not every font looked horrible like my Stack font (if you look at my poisons)
Code:
	-- Base fonts
	self:SetFont(SystemFont_Tiny                   , FontSmall   , SizeSmall , nil)
	self:SetFont(SystemFont_Small                  , FontSmall   , SizeSmall , nil)
	self:SetFont(SystemFont_Outline_Small          , FontSmall   , SizeSmall , "OUTLINE")
	self:SetFont(SystemFont_Shadow_Small           , FontSmall   , SizeSmall , nil)
	self:SetFont(SystemFont_InverseShadow_Small    , FontSmall   , SizeSmall , nil)
	self:SetFont(SystemFont_Med1                   , FontStandard, SizeMedium, nil)
	self:SetFont(SystemFont_Shadow_Med1            , FontStandard, SizeMedium, nil)
	self:SetFont(SystemFont_Med2                   , FontStandard, SizeMedium, nil)
	self:SetFont(SystemFont_Med3                   , FontStandard, SizeMedium, nil)
	self:SetFont(SystemFont_Shadow_Med3            , FontStandard, SizeMedium, nil)
	self:SetFont(SystemFont_Large                  , FontStandard, SizeLarge , nil)
	self:SetFont(SystemFont_Shadow_Large           , FontStandard, SizeLarge , nil)
	self:SetFont(SystemFont_Shadow_Huge1           , FontStandard, SizeHuge  , nil)
	self:SetFont(SystemFont_OutlineThick_Huge2     , FontFancy   , SizeHuge + 6, "OUTLINE")
	self:SetFont(SystemFont_Shadow_Outline_Huge2   , FontFancy   , SizeMedium, nil)
	self:SetFont(SystemFont_Shadow_Huge3           , FontFancy   , SizeHuge + 6, "OUTLINE")
	self:SetFont(SystemFont_OutlineThick_Huge4     , FontFancy   , SizeHuge + 6, "OUTLINE")
	self:SetFont(SystemFont_OutlineThick_WTF       , FontFancy   , SizeHuge + 6, "OUTLINE")
	self:SetFont(NumberFont_Shadow_Small           , FontSmall   , SizeSmall , nil)
	self:SetFont(NumberFont_OutlineThick_Mono_Small, FontStandard, SizeMedium + 2, "OUTLINE")
	self:SetFont(NumberFont_Shadow_Med             , FontStandard, SizeMedium, nil)
	self:SetFont(NumberFont_Outline_Med            , FontStandard, SizeMedium, "OUTLINE")
	self:SetFont(NumberFont_Outline_Large          , FontStandard, SizeLarge , "OUTLINE")
	self:SetFont(NumberFont_Outline_Huge           , FontFancy   , SizeHuge + 6, "OUTLINE")
	self:SetFont(QuestFont_Large                   , FontFancy   , SizeMedium, nil)
	self:SetFont(QuestFont_Shadow_Huge             , FontFancy   , SizeHuge  , nil)
	self:SetFont(GameTooltipHeader                 , FontStandard, SizeMedium, nil)
	self:SetFont(MailFont_Large                    , FontFancy   , SizeMedium, nil)
	self:SetFont(SpellFont_Small                   , FontSmall   , SizeSmall , nil)
	self:SetFont(InvoiceFont_Med                   , FontStandard, SizeMedium, nil)
	self:SetFont(InvoiceFont_Small                 , FontSmall   , SizeSmall , nil)
	self:SetFont(Tooltip_Med                       , FontStandard, SizeMedium, nil)
	self:SetFont(Tooltip_Small                     , FontSmall   , SizeSmall , nil)
	self:SetFont(AchievementFont_Small             , FontSmall   , SizeSmall , nil)
	self:SetFont(ReputationDetailFont              , FontSmall   , SizeSmall , nil)
I basically just went in and fiddled around with it.

Looks much better with that font, imo (:
I agree lol :P much better.

11-15-10, 04:37 PM   #4200
carebear.
Banned

Here's a videooo for you all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v481vRjwMIQ

Updated quite a bit, i've re-done the tooltip since just need to put a border on it, so I've been told.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...