10-13-14, 10:46 AM   #1
emoxxxkid
A Murloc Raider
WOD/Pre-patch

I don't see a post about it so I thought I'd just ask. Any word on Carbonite for WOD? I know the pre-patch is coming tomorrow and Carbonite is a life saver! I know the quest database won't work immediately cause everything needs to get cataloged or whatever first, but is there plans to keep Carbonite alive? The map is the biggest thing for me with setting waypoints and stuff.

10-13-14, 11:41 AM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
I'm working on it now, but it most likely won't be ready by tomorrow.

Last edited by Rythal : 10-13-14 at 11:50 AM.

10-13-14, 12:16 PM   #3
Insanekanifer
A Defias Bandit
I made an account just to post this. Is there a donation box or way we can contribute to getting this addon working? Its what makes my wow experience happy :x and I want to donate to the cause!

10-13-14, 12:21 PM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Yes, one is on the download page for it.

As an update on the addon itself, the one thing I was fearing is of course the one thing that has happened. I'm going to need to tear apart the mapping system because up until now maps all had unique names and it was by names that Carbonite tracked stuff in most cases. The few exceptions before now were instances so they had no impact, now we actually have zones with the same name so everything in the way it worked is no longer viable.

10-13-14, 12:23 PM   #5
Insanekanifer
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post

As an update on the addon itself, the one thing I was fearing is of course the one thing that has happened. I'm going to need to tear apart the mapping system because up until now maps all had unique names and it was by names that Carbonite tracked stuff in most cases. The few exceptions before now were instances so they had no impact, now we actually have zones with the same name so everything in the way it worked is no longer viable.
I just want to make sure the money goes to you and the team, not someone who doesn't deserve it haha

10-13-14, 12:28 PM   #6
Insanekanifer
A Defias Bandit
Donated! Cheers. Thanks for making the updates that you can!

10-17-14, 07:30 PM   #7
Worinz
A Kobold Labourer

Its not possible to put some mapping function in that can determine the WoD zone and then map that to the relevant Carbonite zone ID? Seems like that would be faster than redoing the whole mapping system but, then again, I haven't seen the source code.

BTW thank you very much for updating Carbonite. I used to be a paid Carbonite user and was very unhappy when Blizzard changed their policies due to this addon. I'll go find that donate button that was mentioned to be on the download page.

10-17-14, 11:45 PM   #8
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Worinz View Post
Its not possible to put some mapping function in that can determine the WoD zone and then map that to the relevant Carbonite zone ID? Seems like that would be faster than redoing the whole mapping system but, then again, I haven't seen the source code.

BTW thank you very much for updating Carbonite. I used to be a paid Carbonite user and was very unhappy when Blizzard changed their policies due to this addon. I'll go find that donate button that was mentioned to be on the download page.
It may be possible to do something like that, but it would just be a bandaid fix / hack to get things working.... and I'm trying to avoid doing bandaid fixes since before I took over that's all carbonite was getting for a couple years.

10-18-14, 03:52 PM   #9
bossdarcie
A Murloc Raider

That sounds absolutely terribly complicated. Oi. I remember all the assistance you gave us when MoP came out. I'm eternally grateful to you and trust that you're doing your utmost best. <3 Thanks for all your efforts!!!

-BossDarcie

10-18-14, 04:34 PM   #10
Godless25
A Kobold Labourer
Old version wont load

anyone know how to at least load the outdated version? simply loading out of date addons doesnt seem to help at all

10-13-14, 12:16 PM   #11
emoxxxkid
A Murloc Raider
It's all good. I just appreciate you keeping this great project alive! Seriously my favorite addon of them all that I run so thank you!!

10-27-14, 11:09 PM   #12
noobinit
A Murloc Raider
I just want to say - THANK YOU.
WOW just isnt the same without carbonite ! it makes everything so much easier.

I will be more than happy to make a contribution once the updated version is out as a way to say thank you properly !

10-28-14, 01:30 AM   #13
phex
A Kobold Labourer
Hello, i am a german wow player since 2008.

at first, my english is very bad, sorry for that. but i must say i love carbonite frome the first day. i hope your RL is quickly becoming good. and you will have much time for this addon. my question is, where can i donate your project? i don't find any link on your website maybe i am too stupid to find it.

at last i have to say thank you, because there are many more players in other countrys who need your professionalism and skill which will by the addon become to an important tool in wow.

sorry for my bad english, i hope you can understand what i try to say!

phex

10-28-14, 02:10 AM   #14
Origami
A Murloc Raider
Rythal, Just wanted to say thank you for the time spent on this addon, Your efforts do not go unnoticed =) Though some are quick to judge, real life takes precedent over anything, Thank you for continuing to support this addon with updates, Can't wait for the release... SOOOO EXCITED!!!!

10-28-14, 08:17 AM   #15
Teener
A Murloc Raider
Last night I was watching a Youtube video on how to do something and as I was watching I said " hey i know what map addon they are using, it's Carbonite !!! I MISS CARONITE !!

10-28-14, 09:33 AM   #16
twystedfate
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by AleXuTzU View Post
I'm verry dissapointed,you just waith go get more donations,because after the rellease all the donation will go down,why don;t you give the addon to someone else?All addons are up to date from long time agoo,already,carbonite is the only one,big addon that is still not updated.What i know that the old authors never done this thing...i'm verry dissapointed,and all of you stop making donation's till the new update,after that u all are free to make what kind of donation you won't.

you kidding right....Rythal is doing this not for cash but to help you and everyone else out in his spare time, what you think he has no life, you this he has no real life job, and as for the old authers yes they updated quickly, because THEY WROTE THE SCRIPT, used to program the addon so yah they do it fast they know it better then anyone, ohh and they where paid to do it as carbonite used to be a paid addon untill blizz shut them down and then they droped it faster then you can shake a stick, so i suggest instead of whining like a kid who lost his toy you wait like the rest of us and stop flaming the only guy who has the know how and the willingness to do this for free on his own time and let him get it done.

10-28-14, 10:02 AM   #17
assassin129
A Kobold Labourer
I'm verry dissapointed,you just waith go get more donations,because after the rellease all the donation will go down,why don;t you give the addon to someone else?All addons are up to date from long time agoo,already,carbonite is the only one,big addon that is still not updated.What i know that the old authors never done this thing...i'm verry dissapointed,and all of you stop making donation's till the new update,after that u all are free to make what kind of donation you won't.
What a Twat...

10-28-14, 10:03 AM   #18
onenutmcgee
A Murloc Raider
I literally created an account to say that you, AleXuTzU, are a huge jerkoff. You've clearly never done any serious programming or written a wow addon before. The 6.0 patch changed a lot of APIs (which is why almost all addons broke). One of the largest changes was how the maps worked, which is the foundation for Carbonite as a whole. Basically, Rythal is having to rewrite the kernel of Carbonite. Other addons were updated quicker because the systems they touch weren't changed as much. But when a fundamental part of your API changes, it takes work to fix it. But I wouldn't expect a selfish tool like you to understand.

Rythal, ignore the haters, buddy! Carbonite is hands down the best map and quest addon out there. I look forward to rocking it again soon.

10-28-14, 11:17 AM   #19
Draven006
A Fallenroot Satyr
Knob

What an absolute moron... his English is bad... like Russian (no offence to the "nice" Russians)

But really... Rythal has taken on this project after carbonite developers were to greedy for money... when they couldn't make money out of it they dropped the project.

Rythal picked it up as a fan update, and he has done a fantastic job with it.

AleXuTzU.... you make an addon you arrogant shit!!!!!!!!!

Rythal, keep up the good work ... find this guys IP address and block him from downloading the addon LOL

10-28-14, 11:48 AM   #20
fctech
A Defias Bandit
I'm very disappointed that you are a selfish uncaring git. If it wasn't for Rythal there would be no Carbonite anymore. So ST%U and wait like everyone else. The old authors took money from you so you could have Carbonite, Rythal does this for free and some will & already did donate because we appreciate the work already done and the work that needs yet to be done. If I hadn't already just donated your infantile rant would have certainly got my wallet out to donate just to 'unclog my nose in your general direction."

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » WOD/Pre-patch