10-03-09, 11:47 PM   #1
annirun_alleria
A Defias Bandit

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
how do i find why my ui was denied

i've been trying to upload my ui (below) and would like to know why it has been denied five times now. Each time i changed a little bit in the files and the description to try and meet the rules but i'm obviously missing something and besides fixing a few typos i missed last time i don't know what is next to try and change.

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/t...309_182627.jpg

unless this falls under the category - will be denied if our mods don't like
10-03-09, 11:54 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=23667
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
10-03-09, 11:56 PM   #3
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm not sure if you saw this or not, a lot of folks don't read FAQs.
Why do my uploads keep getting denied/deleted? The five most common errors are:

a) You included executables in it. We don't allow executables in regular mods or compilations on the site;

b) You have extra compressed folders within your main compressed folders. Everything needs to be in their own uncompressed folder within the main folder.

c) Having wowmatrix files in it. We don't allow anything having to do with wowmatrix on our site;

(The next two are specific to compilations)

d) You didn't give proper credit to the authors whose actual work you are using. You need to either list the mods used in your description or take a screenshot of your addon folder and include it with your other screenshots; or

e) You didn't scrub your WTF of your personal information. That's a good way to get your account stolen. Make sure that if you include the WTF, you change your personal information to generic terms;

Make sure none of those are a problem with your upload.
Edit: Sorry Cair, I didn't post this 'after' you, you just beat me :P
Feel free to delete if necessary.

Last edited by Yhor : 10-03-09 at 11:58 PM.
10-04-09, 12:04 AM   #4
annirun_alleria
A Defias Bandit

thanks for fast responses

the part about the compressed folders is that saying

name.rar - folder - interface
- wtf

or

name . rar - interface
- wtf

i've been doing the former

and "The description that you are providing to this file accurately reflects the contents of the file."

mine just said it was a full ui replacement using other peoples addons then had screen size, directions, addon list

and is "generic compilation" the correct category

Last edited by annirun_alleria : 10-04-09 at 12:07 AM.
10-04-09, 02:26 AM   #5
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The compressed folders part would be referring to having other folder within the .zip/.rar you sent up the pipe for approval.

Example:

MyUI.zip
Inside it there are the following folders:
WTF
Interface>Addons>(huge list of addons here)
otherfiles.zip

In this example the additional .zip file would be a reason for rejection as it is within the original .zip.

This may not be the reason for its denial however so i would go over the files you have included carefully and make sure its all within the rules of uploading. If you were a previous or current wowmatrix user you need to make sure the .dat files they add to addons are removed. This one catches a few people as they dont realize they are being added to the addons. Also make sure you are renaming the folders in your WTF folder to generic terms such as Server name here and so on.

That description you summarized sounds fine. It lists the addons inside. Mentioned its a compilation (full UI replacement) as well as instructions. The category is mostly up to the view of the author as to what it qualifies as. So you should be ok there.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 10-04-09 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Clarification
10-04-09, 01:19 PM   #6
annirun_alleria
A Defias Bandit

thanks for all the help, doing it at noon instead of 3 am helped me catch a mistake and its now up under

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...26-anniui.html
10-05-09, 01:08 AM   #7
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by annirun_alleria View Post
thanks for all the help, doing it at noon instead of 3 am helped me catch a mistake and its now up under

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...26-anniui.html
Hehe, been there, done that, got the T-shirt even though I do normally work quite well at 3am.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » how do i find why my ui was denied