08-04-08, 01:18 PM   #1
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Odd Mouse Mapping Problem

this has cropped up recently, since i tried using an addon named OPie.

seems as if, even with all mods disabled. the WoW client will not allow me to map any keybinding involving mouse buttons 1 and 2 (aka left-click and right-click), whether alone or in conjunction with any sort of key modification (i.e. shift/ctrl/alt), etc. native WoW mouselook and right-click to steer both work, as do mouse targetting, right-click to interact, and etc, so the WoW client clearly knows about the buttons (i.e. its not a mouse problem :-). as well, my various bindings-cache.wtf files (for account and character) look ok.

mainly i want to confirm whether or not this something other people are seeing.

i am using a kensington 4-button trackball, under windows vista ultimate, and the driver stack i have to use to get this mouse to work (using a microsoft driver and an application known as "X-button mouse control" to map what the driver reports to valid mouse events) could be messing with things (though it has worked in the past; this seems to be recent, like a WoW 2.4.3 problem). as well, the WoW client recognizes buttons 3 and 4 successfully, as mapped through this driver arrangement, and will let me use them in keybindings. just not buttons 1/2.

so, i am confused. has blizzard decided novel button 1/2 keybindings are a no-no? any other theories as to what is going on?

thanks.
08-04-08, 01:45 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You've never been able to bind things to clicks. They are considered clicks, not buttons (the scroll-wheel is different). The only way you can do that is by using macros to discern between right/left/etc click (on the button still) or by using a click-casting mod, such as clique.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-04-08, 02:07 PM   #3
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You've never been able to bind things to clicks.
hmm... i expect i am missing something.

right now, i can do a keybinding in the WoW client, using mouse button 3 (aka middle-click), and it shows (on the WoW native keybinding interface) as a binding labeled "Middle Mouse". is there something special about "Middle Mouse" in WoW that i am not aware of (like, not all "clicks" are created equal)?

as well, until recently, the addon "OPie" allowed me to configure bindings for its own actions that involved mouse buttons 1/2 (aka "Left Mouse" and "Right Mouse"). i have never tried to do anything like that directly in the WoW client, so perhaps those specific "clicks" have never been available, but until recently OPie permitted it, and that has stopped working (though i have posted in that addon's forum; maybe there is something now broken with that specific addon).

so, i guess i am still confused (in the sense that OPie is still "broken").

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Odd Mouse Mapping Problem