06-10-05, 12:56 AM   #1
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sheesh

Here's another question to bend your mind.

I was in the heat of battle and accidentally took off my Pet Attack button off the Pet action bar. It's gone, now I can't figure out how to get it back.

Any ideas?

I already looked through my abilities book and nothing is there for my pet except his taunt and sacrifice.

So now I'm stuck. I don't want to have to hit CTRL+1 all the time.

HELP!

06-10-05, 01:15 AM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Ummm ...

*tries to think where this would be*

It *might* be in the layout-cache.txt file, although I don't think that sounds quite right. It's *probably* something in the savedvariables.lua file, but don't quote me for 100% certain on that. No doubt some of the more knowledgeable lua and xml folks that surf here will know, hopefully someone will be able to give you a more definite answer. Sorry I can't answer any better than that. =/
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
06-10-05, 01:19 AM   #3
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

I had hoped it wasn't quite that complicated.
It might be easier to just delete my layout and start over. Lua scares me.

Thanks though Cairenn.
06-10-05, 01:22 AM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hey, I may be completely wrong. Wait until tomorrow evening before doing anything drastic, see what the more knowledgable folks have to say. I would imagine that most of the ones that surf here are likely sleeping at the moment, given that it's 3:20 am eastern, midnight pacific.

omg ... it's 3:20 am eastern? wth am I still doing being awake. oookay, sleep time soon. *nod nod*
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
06-10-05, 03:56 AM   #5
greycap
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
That is REALLY odd. I tried for 5 mins to pull that off the bar, but it wouldnt let me. The bar is supposed to keep attack, stay, passive, defensive, and agressive on there.

Unless youre using a third party pet bar (Bibb's perhaps?) i dont believe it should happen and is a wierd error.

Ctrl+1 is actually the hot key for the slot, not the action itself. Maybe the texture isnt loading for some reason *shrug*.
06-11-05, 10:53 AM   #6
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Well, I've norrowed down the problem. I'm using Insomniax with the Bib Toolbars.
I turn them off and the Attack button is back. I use any other toolbar replacement and it's back.

I try Bibs and it's gone.

Now, how can I reset this info? Obviously (even after a uninstall and reinstall of WoW) Bib seems to remember I had no attack icon in the Pet action bar.
I've deleted the savedblahblah.lua, I've deleted my Character folder, I've reinstalled WoW into a completely clean directory and even to a seperate Drive. I've done everything and the damn thing isn't there.

Ok, one last question, and if nothing else I hope SOMEONE will be able to help me with at least this.
Is there a way to replace the Bib toolbars in Insomniax without trashing to UI? If so, what would people suggest? I do not want the default toolbar there at all. bleh.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT: I guess I should have put this in Interface help eh?
06-11-05, 10:59 AM   #7
Beladona
A Molten Giant

Insomniax tends to edit default mods with custom functions that tie it into the compilation. As such, any update to Bib or any other addon individually will effectively kill that tied function, and sever the addon from Insomniax, or worse cause errors.

This is why I stay away from Compilations. If anything, I get the original addons that are part of the compilation, and use them without the additional stuff that ties them as one. It is like getting a Sony Walkman from Sony, or from a street vendor. The street vendor can't guarantee the product, nor provide ongoing support for it with as much speed as the original manufacturer...
06-11-05, 11:18 AM   #8
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Oh I'm learning that lesson very graphically.

There are a few things that I'd love to have though that are in Insomniax that I can't find anywhere else.
Like the big long purple XP bar for one. Most of the others I have found or I found a better one made by someone else.

I just think it's nuts not to have a way to reset a pet bar and I'm also kind of surprised more people haven't made a stand-alone pet bar mod. Perhaps there is a reason for this but I don't know enough to know better. hehe

06-11-05, 11:28 AM   #9
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Syxx
EDIT: I guess I should have put this in Interface help eh?
*Waves her wand*
*Poof*
06-11-05, 11:30 AM   #10
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Wow, you're kind of like a Blue haired Fairy Mod Mother.

Weee!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Sheesh