Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
06-24-19, 07:23 PM   #1
Aeriez
A Fallenroot Satyr
HybridScrollFrames

I'm still pretty new to Lua/XML as a whole. And since there doesn't appear to be much out there in the way of learning it aside from technical documentation, I've just been picking things apart and experimenting to figure out how things work. I've come to notice that there is a lot of API functionality that simply has absolutely no documentation anywhere. In this example namely, HybridScrollFrames (_Update, _GetOffsets and _CreateButton). Is anyone familiar with any sort of documentation explaining how it's used and what it's function parameters are? And how it manipulates XML templates would be bonus. Maybe a very bare-bones example to pick apart? I can only ever find it used in large project AddOns which is a nightmare to search through.

If anyone also has information on the similar functions for FauxScrollFrames that would be amazing as well. I've found documentation to the extent of "FauxScrollFrame_Update(frame, numItems, numToDisplay, valueStep, button, smallWidth, bigWidth, highlightFrame, smallHighlightWidth, bigHighlightWidth)". But I've only ever seen the first 4 parameters actually used in anything. So have no idea what data types are required for, say, highlightFrame (true/false errors out). I imagine it's for mouseovers or select.

Last edited by Aeriez : 06-24-19 at 07:27 PM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » HybridScrollFrames