04-24-10, 05:08 PM   #1
Bexl
A Defias Bandit
Mac/Pc UI Problems?

So I love making my own custom UI's and I have been making some for friends recently.

I've encountered a problem in the compression/transferring of specifically the WTF folders and various artwork. I work on a mac, my friends have PC's. Is there anything special I'm supposed to be doing in the compression stages that I'm missing? Will WTF folders transfer over platforms?

I can post a screenie if needed.
04-24-10, 05:35 PM   #2
mankeluvsit
An Onyxian Warder

i wouldnt think there would be a problem?

post a screenie
04-24-10, 05:49 PM   #3
aceman67
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
if you're saving as a zip file, you should be ok.
04-24-10, 06:25 PM   #4
Bexl
A Defias Bandit
Screenies

Here is how it looks on my screen

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...Picture3-2.png

Here is how it looks on his screen

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=fka0ip&s=5

It looks like everything is there, but the settings just aren't right, which is why I suspected the WTF folder. Also he is unable to open the artwork TGA files at all. I walked him through setting up the WTF folder, putting the account name, realm name, character name, etc.

I did zip it up, and he unzipped it using Rar.

Last edited by Bexl : 04-24-10 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Edited for More Information
04-25-10, 01:02 AM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
UIs and addons are platform independent (meaning it makes no difference whether you're on a PC, Mac, or Linux). Your friend either did not put the WTF folder in the correct location or did not rename the folders correctly. When renaming the Account folder, they need to use their actual WoW account name and not the umbrella b.net account.

/edit: also, your friend will be able to open up .tga files to view/edit if they have a program that supports .tga files. WoW will see them regardless.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Last edited by Seerah : 04-25-10 at 01:05 AM.
04-25-10, 04:20 AM   #6
mankeluvsit
An Onyxian Warder

you also have to setup the profiles.
04-25-10, 12:43 PM   #7
Bexl
A Defias Bandit
Thanks Seerah, I figured it was something like that but I hadn't thought that maybe he put the bnet account in instead of the handle. I'll check on that today.

Also... set up profiles? (Forgive the ignorance of terminology, still teaching myself all of this)

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Mac/Pc UI Problems?