07-15-10, 01:50 PM   #21
ezarra
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by infamy View Post
I, like most here I would imagine, play with such a heavily modded ui that I lose touch with what the default can do. So I'm looking at this as an opportunity to get a sense for what addons I may be able to live without in the long-term.
Yeah, but there are a couple of things about the default UI that I just absolutely hate enough that if I couldn't get around them I wouldn't play the game. The big one is the default bar and the almost as big one is having access to class-specific spells/auras/stances in a pop-up menu button (the autobar class bar).

It's fine in the betas to be mucking about with the default UI, but I can't be productive with the default UI.

But really, all in one bags, for the love of God. Even my baby Worgen only has two bags, and HE'S miserable.
That, on the other hand, I've never seen the appeal of. I LIKE having separate bags. It's how I organize stuff. unequipped equipment in bag 5, quest items in bag 4, junk in the backpack and bag 2, misc overflow in bag 3. Normally I only open the backpack and maybe bag 2.

07-15-10, 02:59 PM   #22
OttoDeFe
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Fo9r a bar and All-In-One bags look in the McRun thread - I think Cogwheel wrote the whole macro-addon system to work in the alpha...
but if there's a war
I just don't know if a Bic will save ya..."

-- Last Offence

07-15-10, 03:09 PM   #23
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by OttoDeFe View Post
Fo9r a bar and All-In-One bags look in the McRun thread - I think Cogwheel wrote the whole macro-addon system to work in the alpha...
/run and /script is banned too, so no.

07-15-10, 03:10 PM   #24
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
This last patch disabled the /run, /script, and /dump commands. Again, they would like you to test THEIR addons first.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-15-10, 03:15 PM   #25
OttoDeFe
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Ah... not in the beta (mebbe if they offer - not really a dev in any way so I figure it's more important for those that can be helpful to get in there). Thanx for the info!
but if there's a war
I just don't know if a Bic will save ya..."

-- Last Offence

07-15-10, 03:21 PM   #26
AlleyKat
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

lets make some addons via "/run"

lol /run not working ^(

Last edited by AlleyKat : 07-15-10 at 03:25 PM.

07-15-10, 03:21 PM   #27
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
The only thing i need to play default is BindPad.... And MoveAnything :P

07-15-10, 03:25 PM   #28
Kallieen
Lady of Shadows

Combuctor.

And OPie. So much more stuff I have to cram onto bars now. >.<

07-15-10, 04:02 PM   #29
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
Cartographer
There no other map mod like it...sigh. I had to use 3 differant ones to get anything like it

07-15-10, 04:17 PM   #30
Tuller
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

So far, I'm not missing anything except for /run :P

07-15-10, 04:50 PM   #31
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
Speaking of which, is anyone having trouble with the channels? Last night I would be chatting away just fine in gen or trade, but then I would suddenly start getting "Not in Trade" or "Not in General". /Join trade and /Join General didn't do anything.

Yea there was no bug report about it so I made one in game as well as in the bug report forum,

07-15-10, 05:26 PM   #32
infamy
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by ezarra View Post
Yeah, but there are a couple of things about the default UI that I just absolutely hate enough that if I couldn't get around them I wouldn't play the game. The big one is the default bar and the almost as big one is having access to class-specific spells/auras/stances in a pop-up menu button (the autobar class bar).

It's fine in the betas to be mucking about with the default UI, but I can't be productive with the default UI.
Which is all very fine and well - but when you've replaced most of Blizz's interface with custom work, you put yourself in a "you don't know what you don't know" situation. That's my point. Not that it's good to use the default, but that it's good to get back in touch with the default every once in a while, to see if there are addons you're using that you CAN do without. It's not practical to do so on raid night, but beta's a nice opportunity.

That, on the other hand, I've never seen the appeal of. I LIKE having separate bags. It's how I organize stuff. unequipped equipment in bag 5, quest items in bag 4, junk in the backpack and bag 2, misc overflow in bag 3. Normally I only open the backpack and maybe bag 2.
All-in-ones will do that for you, automatically, except you can have more than five-subgroups. However, it's not for everyone, and it lacks the solid feeling of "this is in this bag". I'm like that with Windows 7 - libraries bug me, I want to work in a folder-based world.

07-16-10, 04:54 AM   #33
ckaotik
A Fallenroot Satyr

Click casting

Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
Short version 2 hands that could do the job of one. And a simple modifier key gives it nearly the same functionality of a macro while keeping your hands on movement keys (all hail the pinky!).
I have to agree on that - I also miss Clique/Click2Cast a whole lot. Using macros for now, but it's just not the same
While the new development group frames already provide a Grid-like display (even with buffs and debuffs on them, though in a weird space), they are quite buggy - not showing party pets, having oneself seperated (and unmovable >.<).
On the other hand, default party frames show party pets - but they don't seem to be mouseover enabled, so those macros don't work.

Second in list would be junk selling and all in one bags.

07-16-10, 07:18 AM   #34
ricks322
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by ckaotik View Post
I have to agree on that - I also miss Clique/Click2Cast a whole lot. Using macros for now, but it's just not the same
While the new development group frames already provide a Grid-like display (even with buffs and debuffs on them, though in a weird space), they are quite buggy - not showing party pets, having oneself seperated (and unmovable >.<).
On the other hand, default party frames show party pets - but they don't seem to be mouseover enabled, so those macros don't work.

Second in list would be junk selling and all in one bags.
They have that this is the first pass on the new party/raid frames. They will be movable, and you will be able to change them to display horz. also.

07-16-10, 07:29 AM   #35
d87
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Default unitframes suck so much, other than that everything is fine.
tho for proper damage in dungeons i'll need timers, but that is mostly unitframes fault again.

07-16-10, 08:55 AM   #36
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

Dominos -- hands down the thing I'm missing most. The standard layout for action buttons makes me feel like I'm in a straight-jacket.

07-16-10, 09:35 AM   #37
BethinkWoW
Premium Member
I am missing mostly Quartz, and a DoT/Cooldown timer.

07-16-10, 09:31 PM   #38
Morsker
A Fallenroot Satyr

ActionBarSaver. The mobs in Deepholm have piles of hp, and I kept respeccing trying to find a better soloing build; redoing keybinds is a real chore without this mod.

I also miss Quartz just because I spend so much time staring at it.

07-19-10, 11:42 AM   #39
Naria
A Defias Bandit
tbag without a doubt.

for dungeons, recount would be nice... i am having really different numbers from live and would like to investigate where its coming from, if its my cast times that are different, is my dps really lower... i dont feel like doing a combat log parser

07-19-10, 12:27 PM   #40
ezarra
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Which is all very fine and well - but when you've replaced most of Blizz's interface with custom work, you put yourself in a "you don't know what you don't know" situation. That's my point. Not that it's good to use the default, but that it's good to get back in touch with the default every once in a while, to see if there are addons you're using that you CAN do without. It's not practical to do so on raid night, but beta's a nice opportunity.
Oh absolutely. And I do that myself at times by disabling everything but Dominos and running around on a lowbie 70-79 toon. But even then, I can't use blizzards own bars for more than a few minutes. I won't be able to do instances in the beta until they enable addons, for example. I can level a worgen though, the starting levels don't need a bar manager.

And when I am testing my own addon, I load ONLY that addon. Then I load my full set. If it works fine in both cases, I'm ready to upload.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Cataclysm Beta » What is the #1 addon you are missing most right now.