05-13-15, 01:06 AM   #1
Atwood
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Background

https://youtu.be/qVpTUSHy2vc

Searching this Addon that made this Black Background at the Bottom of the Screen a Background behind the Bars, Chat and Frames!

I saw some Addon but only with Horde/Alliance Style. Only that i need is a Black Background without Images of Lich King or something else.
05-13-15, 04:15 AM   #2
MiRai
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
I really don't mean to sound rude, but did you even watch the video?

I ask because before the 30 second mark she displays a message on the screen stating that that all add-ons are listed in the description, which does have what you're looking for. Even if you didn't know the name of the add-on you could have just reviewed all 20 add-ons that are listed and easily figured it out. Then, she even specifically talks about the "black background bar" at the 08:08 mark and shows how to access it, as well as quickly talks about her settings.

Again, I'm not trying to be a dick because there are so many UI videos that exist where people leave out important information, and then you're stuck wondering what one of the add-ons actually are and have to resort to asking for help from others, but this seems kind of lazy and you clearly didn't watch any of the video.
05-13-15, 11:37 AM   #3
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
If you are wanting to create your own background frames, buttons, texts etc. then an addon like Discord Art or KgPanels can do this.
05-13-15, 11:44 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Since MiRai didn't leave the name of the addon, it's Sunn - Viewport Art which is on Curse.com (I don't think it's on WoWI, I did a search for it and ended up with artwork, but no Sunn - Viewport Art). Another one that you could use is an addon called kgPanels (also available on Curse.com, but is available on WoWI, too. Unfortunately it is 2 years out-of-date on WoWI). It does basically the same thing, but you aren't constricted to someone elses idea of what looks nice for artwork.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
05-13-15, 11:47 AM   #5
MiRai
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Since MiRai didn't leave the name of the addon
Why do the work for them when it was clearly in the video that they didn't want to watch (but wanted others to watch)? I even gave them the specific time in the video to look at.
05-13-15, 01:24 PM   #6
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
Why do the work for them when it was clearly in the video that they didn't want to watch (but wanted others to watch)? I even gave them the specific time in the video to look at.
I honestly would've just posted this link to the video they posted that sets the play head to the relevant time. Note the time code at the end of the URL is what tells YouTube what time to seek to when starting playback. The entire link plus the time code can be retrieved by going to the share section and checking the "Start at" box. You can edit the time manually or move the play head to the part of the video you want to link and it'll fill the time automatically.

https://youtu.be/qVpTUSHy2vc?t=8m8s

The funny part is Panzer describes exactly how to set the addon up to the way she had it shown.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 05-13-15 at 01:27 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Background