06-30-15, 04:52 AM   #1
Kreelor
A Firelord

Cannot fly over borders? Carbonite or Blizzard?

See attached image:

This relates to the Fog of War that I posted earlier. I've been trying to fly around the world to fill-in the Fog of War (unexplored areas) of the world.

But, when I was trying to fly across the border from one zone to another zone, my flying mount went berserk and ceased to fly. It wouldn't progress. I had to back-track to another location merely to land and use my Portal to get away from there.

So, I'm asking if this is caused by an issue with Carbonite maps (Zones?) or has Blizzard changed something so that we can no longer fly over Horde territories if we are Alliance characters?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Alliance-vs-Horde_zone_issue.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	446.2 KB
ID:	8603  
06-30-15, 05:24 AM   #2
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Carbonite cant block flying or other things that may have to do with flying/moving (there arent API functions for such things).
06-30-15, 05:53 AM   #3
Kreelor
A Firelord

Thanks, ircdirk. I was just wondering only because I've been able to fly over other Horde zones (with my Allance char) without any problems. Also, the "Zones" issues have presented me with issues, so I wondering if they were related. THANKS!

By any chance, do you know why Blizzard is preventing users from flying over that border? Just curious.
06-30-15, 06:04 AM   #4
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have only Horde characters but i wil try the same thing on Ally starting zone... as i remember 2 months ago i hadnt have any problems but maybe something changed. Maybe someone with Ally char will check if he has the same issue?
06-30-15, 06:25 AM   #5
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
I have only Horde characters but i wil try the same thing on Ally starting zone... as i remember 2 months ago i hadnt have any problems but maybe something changed. Maybe someone with Ally char will check if he has the same issue?
Flying a MILE/KILOMETER over the tops of the areas shouldn't attact enemies into a PvP situation. LOL. At least, that's what I was doing with my Alliance Mage.

My only problem with that place was an invisible barrier preventing me from ANY kind of flying. Trying to fly in a forward direction caused my flying mount to descend -- not advance forward. Geeesh! Good luck to you.
06-30-15, 06:37 AM   #6
MiRai
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
The area in question has been blocked off by Blizzard for years now. It's an undeveloped area of the map and is surrounded by invisible walls.
http://wow.gamepedia.com/Northern_Lordaeron
06-30-15, 01:24 PM   #7
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
The area you are trying to go to is part of the Ghostlands. You cannot fly in that zone and cannot fly your mounts into it was put in as an instance so Blizzard would not have to redo the entire world to make it fit. You have noticed that no flying in the starter BC zones and unless you use a portal, Boat, Port, or instance entrance you cannot enter that zone.

Thrumbar

You need to go to Ghostlands to uncover that area....
07-01-15, 03:26 AM   #8
Kreelor
A Firelord

MiRai and Thrumbar, thank you both for your replies! I remember (only now after you've reminded me) that flying in Ghostlands isn't allowed but, I guess I wasn't aware that I was over the Ghostlands' no-fly zone since I was flying a mile high in the sky! LOL. I appreciate your jogging my memory.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Cannot fly over borders? Carbonite or Blizzard?