12-15-06, 12:00 PM   #81
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Zidomo
Same thing tonight, this time in a 5-man party in an instance with my 60 priest. They popped up all the time before I finally had enough and disabled CT_MailMod.

Using CT_MailMod, CT_PartyBuffs & CT_UnitFrames only (not CT_Mod) out of "CTMod-Update 8" (the latest). And no target-of-target frame was ever active (the only one I have access to is the Blizzard one) when the errors occurred. Also, always happened in combat, not outside of it.

"ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED:AddOn 'CT_MailMod' tried to call the protected function 'TargetofTargetFrame:Hide()'.\n<in C code>: in function `Hide'\nFrameXML\\TargetFrame.lua:574: in function `TargetofTarget_Update'\nFrameXML\\TargetFrame.lua:79: in function `TargetFrame_OnEvent'\n<string>:\"TargetFrame:OnEvent\":2: in function <[string \"TargetFrame:OnEvent\"]:1>\n<in C code>: in function `CameraOrSelectOrMoveStop'\n<string>:\"CAMERAORSELECTORMOVE\":5: in function <[string \"CAMERAORSELECTORMOVE\"]:1>"

"ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED:AddOn 'CT_MailMod' tried to call the protected function 'TargetofTargetFrame:Hide()'.\n<in C code>: in function `Hide'\nFrameXML\\TargetFrame.lua:574: in function `TargetofTarget_Update'\nFrameXML\\TargetFrame.lua:79: in function `TargetFrame_OnEvent'\n<string>:\"TargetFrame:OnEvent\":2: in function <[string \"TargetFrame:OnEvent\"]:1>\n<in C code>: in function `TargetNearestEnemy'\n<string>:\"TARGETNEARESTENEMY\":2: in function <[string \"TARGETNEARESTENEMY\"]:1>"

"ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED:AddOn 'CT_MailMod' tried to call the protected function 'TargetofTargetFrame:Hide()'.\n<in C code>: in function `Hide'\nFrameXML\\TargetFrame.lua:574: in function `TargetofTarget_Update'\nFrameXML\\TargetFrame.lua:79: in function `TargetFrame_OnEvent'\n<string>:\"TargetFrame:OnEvent\":2: in function <[string \"TargetFrame:OnEvent\"]:1>"

"ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED:AddOn 'CT_MailMod' tried to call the protected function 'TargetofTargetFrame:Hide()'.\n<in C code>: in function `Hide'\nFrameXML\\TargetFrame.lua:574: in function `TargetofTarget_Update'\nFrameXML\\TargetFrame.lua:79: in function `TargetFrame_OnEvent'\n<string>:\"TargetFrame:OnEvent\":2: in function <[string \"TargetFrame:OnEvent\"]:1>\n<in C code>: in function `TargetUnit'\nFrameXML\\SecureTemplates.lua:273: in function `SecureActionButton_OnClick'\nFrameXML\\SecureTemplates.lua:326: in function `SecureUnitButton_OnClick'\n<string>:\"PartyMemberFrame4:OnClick\":2: in function <[string \"PartyMemberFrame4:OnClick\"]:1>"

and so on. I should ask wtf CT_MailMod is doing trying to hook (now) protected functions in target frames in combat, but I won't .
Disabled CT_MailMod so just CT_UnitFrames & CT_PartyBuffs were running. Logged on my 41 hunter alt.

Now, instead of those types of errors pointing to CT_MailMod, they come from CT_PartyBuffs. They randomly occur in combat, as before:

"ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED:AddOn 'CT_PartyBuffs' tried to call the protected function 'TargetofTargetFrame:Hide()'.\n<in C code>: in function `Hide'\nFrameXML\\TargetFrame.lua:574: in function `TargetofTarget_Update'\nFrameXML\\TargetFrame.lua:79: in function `TargetFrame_OnEvent'\n<string>:\"TargetFrame:OnEvent\":2: in function <[string \"TargetFrame:OnEvent\"]:1>"

"ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED:AddOn 'CT_PartyBuffs' tried to call the protected function 'TargetofTargetFrame:Hide()'.\n<in C code>: in function `Hide'\nFrameXML\\TargetFrame.lua:574: in function `TargetofTarget_Update'\nFrameXML\\TargetFrame.lua:79: in function `TargetFrame_OnEvent'\n<string>:\"TargetFrame:OnEvent\":2: in function <[string \"TargetFrame:OnEvent\"]:1>\n<in C code>: in function `CameraOrSelectOrMoveStop'\n<string>:\"CAMERAORSELECTORMOVE\":5: in function <[string \"CAMERAORSELECTORMOVE\"]:1>"

"ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED:AddOn 'CT_PartyBuffs' tried to call the protected function 'TargetofTargetFrame:Hide()'.\n<in C code>: in function `Hide'\nFrameXML\\TargetFrame.lua:574: in function `TargetofTarget_Update'\nFrameXML\\TargetFrame.lua:79: in function `TargetFrame_OnEvent'\n<string>:\"TargetFrame:OnEvent\":2: in function <[string \"TargetFrame:OnEvent\"]:1>\n<in C code>: in function `TargetNearestEnemy'\n<string>:\"TARGETNEARESTENEMY\":2: in function <[string \"TARGETNEARESTENEMY\"]:1>"

"ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED:AddOn 'CT_PartyBuffs' tried to call the protected function 'TargetofTargetFrame:Hide()'.\n<in C code>: in function `Hide'\nFrameXML\\TargetFrame.lua:574: in function `TargetofTarget_Update'\nFrameXML\\TargetFrame.lua:79: in function `TargetFrame_OnEvent'\n<string>:\"TargetFrame:OnEvent\":2: in function <[string \"TargetFrame:OnEvent\"]:1>\n<in C code>: in function `TurnOrActionStop'\n<string>:\"TURNORACTION\":5: in function <[string \"TURNORACTION\"]:1>"

"ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED:AddOn 'CT_PartyBuffs' tried to call the protected function 'TargetofTargetFrame:Hide()'.\n<in C code>: in function `Hide'\nFrameXML\\TargetFrame.lua:574: in function `TargetofTarget_Update'\nFrameXML\\TargetFrame.lua:79: in function `TargetFrame_OnEvent'\n<string>:\"TargetFrame:OnEvent\":2: in function <[string \"TargetFrame:OnEvent\"]:1>\n<in C code>: in function `TargetUnit'\nFrameXML\\SecureTemplates.lua:273: in function `SecureActionButton_OnClick'\nFrameXML\\SecureTemplates.lua:326: in function `SecureUnitButton_OnClick'\n<string>:\"PetFrame:OnClick\":2: in function <[string \"PetFrame:OnClick\"]:1>"

and on and on. I assume that when I disable CT_PartyBuffs leaving only CT_UnitFrames running that those protected function errors will come from CT_UnitFrames instead.

Really hope this is corrected, so that CT can become a great, usable UI mod again.
12-15-06, 02:44 PM   #82
NightHawk29
A Kobold Labourer

I don't hvae much time so wasn't able to read through all the posts.

One bug I found, this is minor and aesthetic for the most part, but if in the mailmod options you turn on block all trades while using mailbox, the mail icon on your minimap won't disappear if you empty your mailbox, only goes away if you relog. It's minor like I said, but just reporting it. (Not sure if the block trades while at bank... in the core options, affects this too or not, I just left them both unchecked now.)

Also, the buffmod, why is their no option to use the classic buff view like their was previously? To be honest I HATE the buff box, I much prefer the classic default buff view, and I miss that option in the buff mod now, can this please be reimplemented at all? I love using the buff mod to show the times left on the buffs, as well as the expiration warning and sound, and the recast expiring buffs key bind. It sucks that those features I can't use unless I deal with that buff box, I would love to see the option put back in to have the option of the buff mod display box or classic buff display, that way I can still use the other buff mod features.
12-17-06, 04:58 AM   #83
Trog
A Kobold Labourer

keybindings

please see attached

binding doesn't work with "shift" button and leads to this screen

thanx for your great work
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CTbarmodbindbug.jpg
Views:	620
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	929  

Last edited by Trog : 12-17-06 at 04:48 PM.
12-17-06, 02:01 PM   #84
Cide
Swedeheart
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
NOTE: All of those ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED messages are caused by another addon. They are normally silent and transparent; the only thing causing them to be displayed is another addon. As such, you should disable that one instead.
12-17-06, 03:18 PM   #85
ToolPunk
An Aku'mai Servant

Why, oh why.

I put in Update 10 and my bottombar was destroyed just as all other bar mods have done. Why is there no option to have or not to have the bottom frame (the frame that includes the gryphons). Maybe you can add an option to unlock frames to the Barmod (would like to be able to move the class bars around without breaking everything to pieces).

I noticed there is an option to hide or not to hide the gryphons but since it does not work I can not test to see if this is my option to not break everything up into little pieces.

As soon as I log in the gryphons are gone and I have not checked to hide them and I have no arrows to move up and down on my action bar.

------------
The issue with the placement of the Buffmod Timer is still there.

Last edited by ToolPunk : 12-17-06 at 03:37 PM.
12-17-06, 03:58 PM   #86
Fuglyz
A Kobold Labourer
Bottom bar worked fine for me, everything moved and adjusted as i wanted. But when i stealthed, the stealthed action bar wasnt resized and spaced correctly, so I had to disable for now, but if that could be fixed, it would be working great. other then that, thx for everything

-Fug
12-17-06, 04:42 PM   #87
Twinkielock
A Murloc Raider
Not a bug, but is there a way to move the pet bar? I installed bottom bar, and it broke my bottom bar. All I want to do is move the pet bar.

Thanks
12-17-06, 07:31 PM   #88
wulfy27
Addon Junkie

even with bugs.. thanks!!

I am so thrilled to have these mods back. If they are buggy, fine. Let's work on them. All I know is that I jumped on the CT train a while ago and am lost without my bar mods. I got my husband using them and he is a groupie now too.

Us "users" never really thank you "developers" as much as we should. I like WoW, I wouldn't play WoW without mods though. They are getting there but have a LOOONG way to go. You'll never make everyone happy. That's just fact. You do however, make many of us happier than we were before.

Gotta go play with my updates. Thank you again from a family that 'games' together!!
12-17-06, 08:37 PM   #89
Necrolord
A Kobold Labourer
CT MOD Issues

First off, Thank you for developing such a great Mod!

I have only one bug issue, the chat arrows dissappearing and having to reset them constantly through the CT Core option, turning arrows off then on again.

The other issues I have are with other features of the program;

1. The 5 extra icon bars cannot be setup anymore around the screen, which is a huge disability for those of us that use lots of icons all around the screen.

2. The new buff mod is more of a nuissance than a benefit, I just disabled it and I have heard from many others and seen posted they feel the same.

3. The ability to unlock/lock all items on screen (especially bars for hunters) and re-position then lock down.

Thanks for listening and again thanks for the great Mod!
12-17-06, 09:08 PM   #90
Christoffer
A Kobold Labourer
Bug

Quest Log Feature messes with the location of the quest (Keeps on saying the "Header is missing!")
12-17-06, 11:58 PM   #91
BlasphemousMusic
A Defias Bandit
Bug or me just not know what to do. I downloaded newest version of CT_mod (10) and was going to edit my bars. My mage everything is great but my warriors action bar will not scale to size. Its big and all distorted. No matter what I tried (taking all skills off, filling it, scaling it) it stays big and looks like an error. Please help!!!
12-18-06, 06:29 AM   #92
Yohon1
A Kobold Labourer
Same problem with a Warrior. The bottom bar's size will not scale, it only spaces out. All other class bottom bars seem to scale fine.
12-18-06, 07:25 AM   #93
aastarius
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Thorgrinn
maybe it is astupid problem, but for us, Poor Healers, the EMERGENCY MONITOR is a must and in this version u seem unable to Target a Friend clicking on his bar in EM....... this means we have to check, go trought the various group to find him and then cast the healing spelll...... usually he dies in the menwhile

looking for ur help
Unfortunately this is one of those things Blizz has implemented with the secure frames thingy
12-18-06, 07:48 AM   #94
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Cide
NOTE: All of those ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED messages are caused by another addon. They are normally silent and transparent; the only thing causing them to be displayed is another addon. As such, you should disable that one instead.
This is a common reply from authors for whom I post these errors. Unfortunately, it isn't always the case.

Are you very sure CT mods are not tainting any frames?

The reason they were recorded: I used the BugGrabber/BugSack Ace2 mod to record them.

And...what other addon? I have nothing else that affects or changes the Blizzard frames. And nothing else dealing with the mailbox.
12-18-06, 08:51 AM   #95
Shinnie
A Defias Bandit
Just got the release 10, and started, quite happily, to sort my UI out. First of all, thanks for all the amazing work. Now for the buggies...

After getting used to the new way things work now, with bottom bar (and the rest of CT mod) I had my bars set up the way I, sort of, wanted. Went to fiddle some more, and the empty buttons on my actionbar dissapeared, and can't get them back, whatever I do, except unloading bottombar. When I re-load bottom bar though, the empty buttons are gone again.

Also I noticed that the buttons, when you decrease the opacity of the actionbar, fade out, but when you raise the opacity, they do not fade in, like they should.

As a last mention, I would prefer if the bag bar is the top most frame, for the groups frames, since I can then hide an unused part of a groupbar under the bag bar, whereas now it overlaps the buttons of the bag bar, making them unusable.
12-18-06, 09:03 AM   #96
magneo
A Kobold Labourer
bottom bar doesnt seem to work for me

Enable bottom bar and the bars at the bottom are spaced out, the rep and exp bars are way above the button bars and I cant move anything. Maybe I just dont know how to enable the moving of the actual pieces but I couldnt figure it out.

I thought the problem could be related to the fact that I have the GUI shrunk in the video options but even adjusting the gui size there back to normal just makes it worse. I've disabled bottom bar for now as all it does for me is jumble the bars into a mess.

My guess is that I just am not seeing an option someplace that will allow me to move things around. Any ideas?
12-18-06, 09:34 AM   #97
Naturalius
A Defias Bandit
not so much a bug as an annoyance.

my casting bar obstructs some of the bottom bar frames when I display the bottom left and right bar (think group 3 and 4), can it be moved? the old CTmod seemed to move the casting bar above it so it could be seen and not obstruct buttons
12-18-06, 02:10 PM   #98
Vandalarius
A Kobold Labourer
First off, let me say that I am so happy to see that CT is getting such constant updates. I was so lost without all of my extra bars and the setups that I had when the patch came. My name is Vandalarius, and I'm a CT addict.

Now for my issue:

I recently updated to the 10th update, complete with bottombar (I changed my pants when I saw that it was back) and everything came back broken. Which is fine, because I get rid of most of the stuff anyway. However, I could not relocate the action bar. I highlight the "action bar" tab and it tells me to left click to move it, and just won't move. All the other bars move fine, so I'm not sure why this is doing it. It's quite upsetting, because everything is scaled down, and now it's left aligned because I can't move the action bar.

Other than that relatively small issue, everything else is fine. If I were a normal class, it wouldn't be such an issue, but since I have to stance dance, CT doesn't support a bar switching mod for stances, so I have to use blizzards action bar, which isn't all that bad. Help me, CT coders!
12-18-06, 05:09 PM   #99
Naturalius
A Defias Bandit
its kinda awkward if you don't know how. you open up CTMod settings then click on CTBottomBar in the options, this unlocks the bars, you then gotta grab the background of the bar - it doesnt work for the bar title or the buttons, but there is plenty of background bar showing for you to grab.
Hope this helps
12-18-06, 05:52 PM   #100
rassa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

i agree with everyone here, im so happy with the updates, thanks alot to the ctmod team.

4 things i noticed:

1. Buttons borders are gone after a while, for example after using a trinket, its not a big issue but just letting you guys know.

2. It would be great if there was a option that let us move bags windows a bit to the left, like the default wow interface option works, it move the bags to the left so you can use the side bars with the bags opened.

3. might need a movable frame for the cast bar.

4. any chance we can get the bar pages arrows back ?

thanks again for the great job, the wait was totally worth it

Last edited by rassa : 12-23-06 at 08:57 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » CTMod 2.0 Bugs