02-01-07, 03:56 PM   #1
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Request for translations

I've got two strings here I need translated. I request that special chars be escaped *eyes the germans and silly asians*, since many people do not use UTF-happy editors, and this code is intended to help authors out.

Here's the strings, note that the "%s" tokens will be AddonName and ContactEmail, in case you shuffle things around for your language.

"%s has not been translated into your language. Please contact <%s> for details on submitting translations."
"%s is only partially translated into your language. Please contact <%s> for details on submitting translations."
02-01-07, 09:40 PM   #2
Drixi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
French translations:

"%s has not been translated into your language. Please contact <%s> for details on submitting translations."

"%s n'a pas été traduit en français pour le moment. Veuillez contacter <%s> si vous souhaitez en apprendre plus sur l'envoi de traductions."

"%s is only partially translated into your language. Please contact <%s> for details on submitting translations."

"%s n'est que partiellement traduit en français. Veuillez contacter <%s> si vous souhaitez en apprendre plus sur l'envoi de traductions."

Colors are related to the old armies banners. Red = English, Blue = French.

E-mail me any translation requests for French.

Drixi
02-02-07, 07:28 AM   #3
Vintoran
A Defias Bandit
german:
Code:
%s wurde noch nicht in deine Sprache übersetzt. Wenn du eine Übersetzung einsenden willst kontaktiere <%s> für Details.

there is hardly a way around "übersetzt", since it's the only german word i can think of (and german is my mothertongue) that grasps the meaning of "translate". But if you want a way around it: it is not uncommon in the (written) german language to replace "ü" with "ue", making it:

%s wurde noch nicht in deine Sprache uebersetzt. Wenn du eine Uebersetzung einsenden willst kontaktiere <%s> für Details.

Code:
%s wurde nur teilweise in deine Sprache uebersetzt. Wenn du eine Uebersetzung einsenden willst kontaktiere <%s> für Details.

same deal with the "ue" instead of "ü" here.

on other thing: in the german language exist _two_ "you":
one is used when speaking with a superior person or as manners of showing respect to this person -> "Sie - and many, many derivatives" (boss, teacher, president, lawyer, judge, adult persons that do not know each other... you get the idea)
the term of doing so ("siezen") can be translated (dict.leo.org) as "to address formally"

the other one "du - and many, many derivatives" is used when addressing persons on equal or lower level, expressing a familiarity or generally for non-adults.
"duzen" -> "to be on first-name terms with so." , "to address so. informally"

i used the second, informally variant here. i think it is more fitting, but you might think otherwise...
02-02-07, 10:00 AM   #4
Maethoril
A Murloc Raider
Vintoran, I agree with your translation, but I have some additions, so I'll write between the lines:

Originally Posted by Vintoran
german:
Code:
%s wurde noch nicht in deine Sprache übersetzt. Wenn du eine Übersetzung einsenden willst kontaktiere <%s> für Details.

there is hardly a way around "übersetzt", since it's the only german word i can think of (and german is my mothertongue) that grasps the meaning of "translate". But if you want a way around it: it is not uncommon in the (written) german language to replace "ü" with "ue", making it:

%s wurde noch nicht in deine Sprache uebersetzt. Wenn du eine Uebersetzung einsenden willst kontaktiere <%s> für Details.

I'd propose (ecaped special chars):

Code:
%s wurde noch nicht in deine Sprache \195\188bersetzt. Wenn du eine \195\156bersetzung einsenden willst kontaktiere <%s> für Details.

Code:
%s wurde nur teilweise in deine Sprache uebersetzt. Wenn du eine Uebersetzung einsenden willst kontaktiere <%s> für Details.
Here I'd propose (for the same reason):

Code:
%s wurde nur teilweise in deine Sprache \195\188bersetzt. Wenn du eine \195\156bersetzung einsenden willst kontaktiere <%s> für Details.

same deal with the "ue" instead of "ü" here.

on other thing: in the german language exist _two_ "you":
one is used when speaking with a superior person or as manners of showing respect to this person -> "Sie - and many, many derivatives" (boss, teacher, president, lawyer, judge, adult persons that do not know each other... you get the idea)
the term of doing so ("siezen") can be translated (dict.leo.org) as "to address formally"

the other one "du - and many, many derivatives" is used when addressing persons on equal or lower level, expressing a familiarity or generally for non-adults.
"duzen" -> "to be on first-name terms with so." , "to address so. informally"

i used the second, informally variant here. i think it is more fitting, but you might think otherwise...
I also would use the informal variant since we "WoW-junkies" are kind of a big family
02-05-07, 01:15 AM   #5
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Maethoril
I'd propose (ecaped special chars):
There was a reason I requested that

Thanks for your posts guys, once I've got all the languages covered I'll stick a lil dev addon (well code snippet) up here on WoWI. Obviously my intent is to provide devs with a simple means of requesting translations directly from the users of their addons.
02-05-07, 02:18 AM   #6
chusina
Premium Member
Premium Member
Spanish translation:

Code:
"%s no ha sido traducido a tu lenguaje. Por favor contacta con <%s> para los detalles del envio de traducciones."
Code:
"%s sólo está parcialmente traducido a tu lenguaje. Por favor contacta con <%s> para los detalles del envio de traducciones."

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Request for translations