2. has glowing item colors like oGlow
3. has a search window
4. is moveable and remembers its last position
5. you can buy bank slots and change bags without disabling the addon
6. lets you set how many rows it shoud have for each char
7. has a working sorting function like BankStack
8. works together with Aurora
9. is made of pixels not of textures so that its pixelperfect

I know Stuffing and Bagnon can do most of this things but no addon is the ULTIMATE bag addon or do you know any that can do that all? I dont want to use 5 addons.

Maybe someone can update Stuffing so that point 4 and 7 work fine again. Also 9 woud be nice...

AlleyKats version in DerpyUI is perfect but you can't use it without DerpyMedia what makes it impossible to use without the UI

I woud donate for it

Bag addons I tested:
AdiBags
Stuffing (Currently in use)
Bagnon
OneBag3
bBag
ArkInventory
TBag-Shefki
famBags
BucketBags
Bags of FreeUI
Bags of Mono UI
Bags of DerpyUI (fits my needs but won't work without the UI)

Last edited by Tonyleila : 07-07-12 at 11:39 AM.
07-06-12, 02:39 PM   #2
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
The bags addon in my UI does 1, 2, 2 again (you got the numbers wrong ), 4, 5 (with some lua tweaks), 7, and 8. Sorting algorithms are a bit over my head when it comes to WoW lua (I've done them in C, but this is a bit different). Making it movable shouldn't be hard either.

It's pretty easy to make any bags addon work with Aurora, just hide all textures, put a backdrop on it and use a 1-pixel border on buttons.
07-06-12, 03:08 PM   #3
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
The bags addon in my UI does 1, 2, 2 again (you got the numbers wrong ), 4, 5 (with some lua tweaks), 7, and 8. Sorting algorithms are a bit over my head when it comes to WoW lua (I've done them in C, but this is a bit different). Making it movable shouldn't be hard either.

It's pretty easy to make any bags addon work with Aurora, just hide all textures, put a backdrop on it and use a 1-pixel border on buttons.
oops sorry i can't count xD
I love your bags too they even fit better to my needs when it comes to a clean look but it has some things i have problem with:
I can't see if a bag slot is empty or if there is no bagslot
I woud appreciate a button to buy bags like the bags of DerpyUI instead of a text and a shlash command
How do i make it moveable and how to use without your UI? You know I'm not a lua expert

Also I can't be the only one how wants to have bags like this so why is there no Bag Addon
07-06-12, 05:24 PM   #4
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

AdiBags meets most of your criteria.

EDIT:
There is also an AdiBags plugin for better filtering: AdiBags_PT3Filter

Last edited by Talyrius : 07-06-12 at 05:29 PM.
07-06-12, 08:21 PM   #5
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Talyrius View Post
AdiBags meets most of your criteria.
EDIT:
There is also an AdiBags plugin for better filtering: AdiBags_PT3Filter
Thanks I tryed it out but its fits less criteria than Stuffing...
- I have to disabled all categorys
- it takes 2,4mb memory (wtf?) stuffing takes 180kb
- It always sorts my bag when closing it but sometimes I want to have some items at a place e.g. to trade them I want a sort button but sort button of this addon (the T) is not working
- I can't sort my Bags if I move one button on top of the other it sometimes BUGS it won't change the position
- you can't change it's look (it has no 1 px borders)

Last edited by Tonyleila : 07-06-12 at 08:39 PM.
07-07-12, 03:04 AM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
- it takes 2,4mb memory (wtf?) stuffing takes 180kb
Unless you're loading AdiBags and no other addons that use any of the same libraries then those memory numbers you're looking at are absolutely meaningless. The library-related memory usage of all addons using a library gets attributed to the first addon that loaded the library. Since AdiBags starts with an A, it gets loaded first, or at least before almost every other addon, on most file systems, so it gets blamed for the library-related memory usage of all addons that use AceAddon, AceBucket, AceConfig, AceConsole, AceDB, AceDBOptions, AceEvent, AceGUI, AceHook, AceTimer, CallbackHandler, LibBabble-Inventory, LibDataBroker, and/or LibStub -- that's a lot of addons.
07-07-12, 07:48 AM   #7
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Unless you're loading AdiBags and no other addons that use any of the same libraries then those memory numbers you're looking at are absolutely meaningless. The library-related memory usage of all addons using a library gets attributed to the first addon that loaded the library. Since AdiBags starts with an A, it gets loaded first, or at least before almost every other addon, on most file systems, so it gets blamed for the library-related memory usage of all addons that use AceAddon, AceBucket, AceConfig, AceConsole, AceDB, AceDBOptions, AceEvent, AceGUI, AceHook, AceTimer, CallbackHandler, LibBabble-Inventory, LibDataBroker, and/or LibStub -- that's a lot of addons.
Do !BugGrabber, !YouArentInAPartyFix, Achieved! not use libraries? Anyway memory usage of the addon is not the problem but the auto sorting and the problem that you can't move items...
07-07-12, 10:12 AM   #8
cokedrivers
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Bags of FreeUI, Mono UI and DerpyUI (fits my needs but won't work without the UI)
I just Downloaded MonoUI and was able to just use the Bag AddOn so i have no idea what your talking about it not working without the UI.

m_Bags is a standalone AddOn which means it will work without the Core UI, as a matter of fact it looks like 90% of MonoUI is based on standalone addons.
07-07-12, 10:37 AM   #9
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by cokedrivers View Post
I just Downloaded MonoUI and was able to just use the Bag AddOn so i have no idea what your talking about it not working without the UI.
m_Bags is a standalone AddOn which means it will work without the Core UI, as a matter of fact it looks like 90% of MonoUI is based on standalone addons.
Sorry if it was not clear i tryed out MonoUI and freeUI Bags but they both have something missing. ONLY Bags of DerpyUI fits my needs but won't work without the UI...
07-07-12, 11:17 AM   #10
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

DerpyStuffing

If someone knows how to change "DerpyStuffing" so that i can use it without "DerpyMedia" that woud be so helpfull! I tryed to remove as much of DerpyMedia textures and fonts as possible but my lua knowledge is to little to remove the bars on the top and bottom (Derpy_Frame_30 and Derpy_Frame_31) and this loading startscreen...

07-07-12, 02:07 PM   #11
AlleyKat
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

In next version if my UI (Pandaria), DerpyMedia will be replaced with DerpyMeta, and it will be less agressive.
To make Stuffing stand alone, move req functions from DerpyMedia inside Stuffing.
DerpyMeta is like my own UI lib, like ACE and etc.
07-09-12, 01:21 AM   #12
Phanx
Cat.

Do !BugGrabber, !YouArentInAPartyFix, Achieved! not use libraries?
No, those addons do not use any libraries, though I find it very telling that you posted to ask that question instead of just opening your AddOns folder and looking for yourself.

Also, even if addons loading before AdiBags do use any libraries, they may not use the same libraries, or their copies of libraries may be older than the copies included in AdiBags.

For example:

1. Addon "Apples" loads. It includes:
  • Library "LibAlpha" version 12 - gets loaded, because no version of "LibAlpha" is loaded yet.
  • Library "LibBeta" version 10 - gets loaded, because no version of "LibBeta" is loaded yet.
  • Library "LibGamma" version 4 - gets loaded, because no version of "LibGamma" is loaded yet.
2. Addon "Bananas" loads. It includes:
  • Library "LibAlpha" version 12 - gets skipped, because the same version of "LibAlpha" is already loaded.
  • Library "LibDelta" version 1 - gets loaded, because no version of "LibDelta" is loaded yet.
3. Addon "Cherries" loads. It includes:
  • Library "LibBeta" version 8 - gets skipped, because a newer version of "LibBeta" is already loaded.
  • Library "LibGamma" version 4 - gets skipped, because the same version of "LibGamma" is already loaded.
  • Library "LibDelta" version 2 - gets loaded, because it's newer than the version of "LibDelta" that was already loaded.
4. Addon "Coconuts" loads. It includes:
  • Library "LibAlpha" version 13 - gets loaded, because it's newer than the version of "LibAlpha" that was already loaded.
  • Library "LibBeta" version 10 - gets skipped, because the same version of "LibBeta" is already loaded.
  • Library "LibDelta" version 3 - gets loaded, because it's newer than the version of "LibDelta" that's already loaded.
At the end of this process, only 1 copy of LibAlpha, 1 copy of LibBeta, 1 copy of LibGamma, and 1 copy of LibDelta are actually loaded into memory.

The other 2 copies of LibAlpha, 2 copies of LibBeta, 1 copy of LibGamma, and 2 copies of LibDelta were examined and discarded after it was determined that they were not newer than the copy currently in memory.

The addon Coconuts has the newest copy of LibAlpha, so all of LibAlpha's resource usage (consumption of both memory and CPU time) will be attributed to Coconuts, even though Apples and Bananas are also using LibAlpha.

All of LibBeta's resource usage will be attributed to Apples, even though Cherries and Coconuts also use LibBeta.

All of LibGamma's resource usage will also be attributed to Apples, even though Cherries also uses LibGamma.

All of LibDelta's resource usage will be attributed to Coconuts, even though Bananas and Cherries also use LibDelta.

The resource usage of Coconuts and Applies will appear higher than they actually are, because they are getting blamed for every byte of memory and CPU cycle consumed by LibAlpha and LibDelta or LibBeta and LibGamma, respectively.

Meanwhile, the resource usage of Bananas and Cherries will appear much lower than they actually are, because both addons are using library files inside other addons' folders.

WoW's tools for measuring the resource usage of addons is fairly primitive. It can only show you a breakdown of memory usage on an addon folder basis. It cannot show you which functions in which files are using how much memory, and it cannot show you which functions in which other files called the functions that are using the memory.

With CPU profiling, you can see in a bit more detail how much CPU time each function is using -- but it still cannot show you how those functions are being called, so you can see that LibAlpha:DoLotsOfThings(x, y, x) is being called a lot, but you can't tell if Coconuts is calling it 99% of the time and Bananas 1% of the time, or if Apples is calling it 25% of the time, Coconuts 25% of the time, and Bananas 25% of the time.

If you've bothered to read this far, hopefully you will now have a slightly better understanding of why the resource numbers you see for addons that use libraries are completely meaningless if any other addons that also use -- or even include -- those libraries are also enabled.
07-09-12, 05:03 PM   #13
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

No, those addons do not use any libraries, though I find it very telling that you posted to ask that question instead of just opening your AddOns folder and looking for yourself.
Thats maybe because I diden't even know how to finde oute if an addon uses libraries...

If you've bothered to read this far, hopefully you will now have a slightly better understanding of why the resource numbers you see for addons that use libraries are completely meaningless if any other addons that also use -- or even include -- those libraries are also enabled.
Thanks for your lesson
This dosen't change the way that i think about AdiBags its still 780kb more in my addons folder and 780kb more to download with my UI and it has many (for me) useless plugins that i do not need

In next version if my UI (Pandaria), DerpyMedia will be replaced with DerpyMeta, and it will be less agressive. To make Stuffing stand alone, move req functions from DerpyMedia inside Stuffing.
DerpyMeta is like my own UI lib, like ACE and etc.
Thats great thanks for all your help too.
If anyone wants to see the result:

And if there is any interesst i can upload it on wow interface

Last edited by Tonyleila : 07-09-12 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Removed external download link
07-09-12, 05:05 PM   #14
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Please don't post external download links. Also, make sure you have permissions of authors before you put an addon up for download.
07-09-12, 05:08 PM   #15
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
Please don't post external download links. Also, make sure you have permissions of authors before you put an addon up for download.
ok sorry for the external link but we have the permissions
http://www.wowinterface.com/download....html#comments
Originally Posted by hungtar
actually, i grant everyone a non-exclusive right to do with my addons whatever they like, when i finally decided to stop playing WoW. For me, this was always sort of a given (the sourcecode isn't licensed, so it is public domain). But at the time i added the "abandoned notice" to all my addons, i also replied to anyone, who had asked, that they have (non-exclusive) rights to republish my addons.
07-09-12, 05:28 PM   #16
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Very well then - just make sure you upload it here then and not on an external site.
07-09-12, 05:34 PM   #17
Phanx
Cat.

Thats maybe because I diden't even know how to finde oute if an addon uses libraries...
Open the addon's folder and look at the files and sub-folders. If you see a folder called "Libs", open it. If you see any files called "LibSomething-4.0", those are libraries used by the addon.

Or, you can just open the addon's TOC file, and see which libraries it lists there.
07-10-12, 02:43 AM   #18
Siku
A Fallenroot Satyr

The bags in the LUI suite does all of that, it's a heavily modified version of Stuffing (mostly rewritten). But it seems you're looking for something standalone so i can't help you there

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Why is there no Bag Addon?