10-20-08, 09:20 PM   #81
FlawlessCowboy
A Murloc Raider
Oh man, that addon is going to be incredibly useful. I've been looking for some way to activate my mount and some other things "at-a-glance" as it were, and this is the perfect way to do it!

Once again another wonderful surprise hidden in this UI.

edit:

What I find most odd is that yesterday after I read your comments on controlling what was on and off at whatever times, I didn't notice very bad performance in the Outlands, but today I did.

I suppose there's a RNG for performance on my laptop, lol. Oh well.

Last edited by FlawlessCowboy : 10-20-08 at 11:57 PM.
10-21-08, 12:01 AM   #82
Veniche
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There's probably still UI errors popping up in the background from addons still not quite adjusted for the patch. The display of errors is disabled, because most people don't care, but if you have enough of them they can affect performance.
10-21-08, 12:03 AM   #83
FlawlessCowboy
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Veniche View Post
There's probably still UI errors popping up in the background from addons still not quite adjusted for the patch. The display of errors is disabled, because most people don't care, but if you have enough of them they can affect performance.
And there it is.

As soon as I posted that I thought, "Wait, I didn't check errors..."

Dr. Damage in particular is not very fond of me. I'll just be turning him to the "off" position for the time being.
10-21-08, 03:49 PM   #84
freitzehn
A Defias Bandit
Pretty sweet UI, I've been using it for about a month before the patch, and I enjoyed it very much.

The only problem I had pre patch and post patch is with self casting. One of the addons/settings is preventing me from holding alt to self cast, even with both macaroon's and the standard ui's self cast key being set to alt. Do you have any idea what's causing it, and how to fix it? It's very annoying for me to not be able to hold down alt to self cast as a healer... any help is appreciated.
10-22-08, 05:04 AM   #85
kodefoo
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Veniche View Post
That's SLDataText. It appears the latest version doesn't copy the profile over, but you can access its config with /sldatatext. I'm currently in queue for my server so that's all I can say right now. But there should be a Profiles area in the config where can find my profile and copy it.
Thanks that worked great!

also what minimap addon are you using. I want to be able to have the time show plus the bg icon. Thanks!
10-22-08, 08:19 AM   #86
Ciko
A Defias Bandit
Tried to figure this out myself, but for the life of me I cannot get the right addon.

What addon controls the tooltip when I mouseover a mob? I've always preferred it to be in the lower right corner of my screen instead of on a mouseover. Which addon is controlling this?

Thanks a ton!
10-22-08, 09:13 AM   #87
Charvel
A Fallenroot Satyr

The tooltip addon is CowTip. You'll need to adjust the 'Frame Anchor'.
10-22-08, 04:40 PM   #88
kodefoo
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by kodefoo View Post
Thanks that worked great!

also what minimap addon are you using. I want to be able to have the time show plus the bg icon. Thanks!

I found it, use /chin to bring up the config

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...hinchilla.html
10-22-08, 05:35 PM   #89
Xavilaw
A Defias Bandit
Gratz

First of all big gratz!! Best UI i ever saw! Any chance to make this work for 1280:800? would so love to use this UI, but everything appears way to small
10-23-08, 10:18 AM   #90
Charvel
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Xavilaw View Post
First of all big gratz!! Best UI i ever saw! Any chance to make this work for 1280:800? would so love to use this UI, but everything appears way to small
Are you able to set your screen resolution in the game to 1280 x 1024? If so, you could use the WTF_Fullscreen settings within the package.
10-24-08, 11:07 AM   #91
Xavilaw
A Defias Bandit
No, 1280:800 is my max resolution, in game options as well the one i tryed was that one, but as i said everything is to small. not that i cant understand but its to much "pressure" on my eyes, considering the amount of time we stay logged
10-24-08, 12:47 PM   #92
Tygara1
A Defias Bandit
Ran into another couple issue last night. I was clearing Karazhan (omg the place got nerfed hard) and when we got to chess, I took control of a piece and I couldnt move it. Im assuming this has to do with Macaroon since I had to set up stance bars on my warrior. The problem is, the pet's spells and whatnot are not in the spellbook so that makes it impossible to set up a pet bar for it.

Then I dismissed the piece so someone else could take control of it, and it showed me back standing at my body, but I was unable to move, and nobody else could control the piece. Normally I would say that last part was caused by a bug, but I havent run into a single other person that had that problem, and the only difference between me and the rest of the raid was the UI package.
10-25-08, 06:49 PM   #93
Veniche
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Xavilaw View Post
No, 1280:800 is my max resolution, in game options as well the one i tryed was that one, but as i said everything is to small. not that i cant understand but its to much "pressure" on my eyes, considering the amount of time we stay logged
It's best if you use the Widescreen version, but even then I know it will be small. It's not exactly feasible to make a version for this size in terms of making all the fonts bigger. The UI was built on a 1680 x 1050 display, so there's only so much compensation that can done for smaller resolutions. After a while the Onslaught UI ceases to exist in the original intent because fonts will be covering up the artwork and going over borders.

You can still try to adjust a few of the fonts yourself, like PitBull for example:

1. /pitbull
2. Global Options > Fonts
3. increase the slider to increase the Font size for the unitframes.

Originally Posted by Tygara1 View Post
Ran into another couple issue last night. I was clearing Karazhan (omg the place got nerfed hard) and when we got to chess, I took control of a piece and I couldnt move it. Im assuming this has to do with Macaroon since I had to set up stance bars on my warrior. The problem is, the pet's spells and whatnot are not in the spellbook so that makes it impossible to set up a pet bar for it.

Then I dismissed the piece so someone else could take control of it, and it showed me back standing at my body, but I was unable to move, and nobody else could control the piece. Normally I would say that last part was caused by a bug, but I havent run into a single other person that had that problem, and the only difference between me and the rest of the raid was the UI package.
The pet bar should be working correctly in the latest version, except the type of situation you're describing involves a Possess bar. It looks like a pet bar, but its not the same thing since you're not actually controlling a hunter or warlock pet. At this time, I'm having difficulty making a Possess bar myself in Macaroon, but when I have a functional version, I'll update.
10-26-08, 02:32 AM   #94
Ihawk
A Defias Bandit
Excellent Addon

I would like to thank you for taking the time to make this great UI. It really neat and nice. I have used other UIs before but its memory intensive. Also the layout looks messy at times. eg in raids, pvp etc.

I have only 2 questions to clarify this. Other then that its a wonderful and user friendly UI.

1. Your action bars don't show number for eg 1,2,3 etc. I normally use keyboard for casting. Is there a way to show this or do i need to download another addon for this. i haven't tried the pets bar yet but intend to.

2. Also for dot timers, is it possible to move to another place. I normally place mine at the top left hand side of the screen.

Thank you for taking the time to make this UI. Its a great UI

Cheers
10-26-08, 01:07 PM   #95
Veniche
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Ihawk View Post
I would like to thank you for taking the time to make this great UI. It really neat and nice. I have used other UIs before but its memory intensive. Also the layout looks messy at times. eg in raids, pvp etc.

I have only 2 questions to clarify this. Other then that its a wonderful and user friendly UI.

1. Your action bars don't show number for eg 1,2,3 etc. I normally use keyboard for casting. Is there a way to show this or do i need to download another addon for this. i haven't tried the pets bar yet but intend to.

2. Also for dot timers, is it possible to move to another place. I normally place mine at the top left hand side of the screen.

Thank you for taking the time to make this UI. Its a great UI

Cheers
1. Type /mac menu to open the configuration for Macaroon, which handles the action bars. Check the option there to show the key binding text.

2. Type /classtimer and uncheck the Lock option at the top of the config window. Move them around as you wish and recheck Lock when finished
10-27-08, 12:33 AM   #96
Ihawk
A Defias Bandit
Thank You

Got it works now. Ty so much. I hope this UI is update. Its a neat UI. I am simply in love with this.

Thank you once again
10-27-08, 01:19 AM   #97
FlawlessCowboy
A Murloc Raider
With the latest update I am inexplicably down to only two chat frames from the nine or so that used to exist.

The one with the "What happened to me?" thing is just gone altogether, and the chat window on the left side of the screen is just oddly put together.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
10-29-08, 05:36 AM   #98
Bonafide
A Defias Bandit
Is this a UI you recommend for a Full time raider / doin dailys Player?

It's looks pretty awesome btw 10/10.
10-30-08, 01:37 PM   #99
eacable
A Murloc Raider
So when I go to attack with any weapon I get a error [string "UIError"]:1: '=' expected near '<eof>'

Has anyone found a way to not show errors like this ?
10-31-08, 06:04 AM   #100
Seikun
A Kobold Labourer
Heyas, I've been trying to figure this out for a little bit now >.<. I play a Rogue and I just cannot figure out how to make a bar with macaroon that will only pop up when i'm in stealth. I'm sure there's a way, I'm just not getting it hehe.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released Compilations » The Onslaught UI - Information without the clutter