01-08-15, 07:44 AM   #1
Everfroszt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Exclamation BUG: Tracking HUD permanently disappears periodically

Greetings!

I'm not exactly sure if this is the correct component of the addon, but as it relates to quest tracking, I made an assumption. The tracking HUD/arrow (that works like TomTom) disappears randomly (usually after turning in a quest) and, despite all efforts to remedy the situation, only reappears upon reloading the entire UI. I don't know the correct format for reporting a bug on these forums, but I just thought I'd see if anyone else has this issue--perhaps Carbonite's interacting badly witha nother addon I have? Anyway, I'd appreciate any help in determining the cause and/or solution, but in the mean time, I'm going to take a look at the code. I have no clue as to the new architecture for the addon, so it might take some time. In the meantime, if anyone else has noticed this, I'll be happy to collaborate, but I wanted to at least get it on record as a bug; whether just for my interface or yours as well, I don't yet know. BTW, thanks Rythal and everyone for the hard work to finally have a working 6.0 Carbonite! I know there are obviously still bugs to work out, but it is SO refreshing having my *favorite* addon back!
01-08-15, 10:58 AM   #2
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
What version are you using Live or Dev?

P.S. A list of the other addons you are using will probably help.
01-10-15, 03:03 PM   #3
blackpups
A Fallenroot Satyr
It is happening to me too. What it does, actually, is it begins to fly across the screen. I thought it was TomTom doing this, but I finally realized I had to disable TomTom because it threw LUA errors with Carbonite - so it is the Carbonite quest tracking arrow that is behaving this way.

It will be pointing to a location and, sometimes when I'm in battle, sometimes when I turn in a quest, the arrow begins to fly across the screen. If I can catch it with my mouse and drag it back to where I want it, it will stay for a while. If I miss it, it will fly off the other side of the screen, never to return unless I reload the UI. Sometimes I don't notice it flying across the screen and just see that it has disappeared, but I don't know if I just missed it or not.

I'm using Carbonite Quests, Carbonite Maps, Carbonite Notes, Carbonite Warehouse, and Titan Panel.

I have had to disable LightHeaded and TomTom because they do not play well with Carbonite.
01-10-15, 03:37 PM   #4
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try github version. Its working with latests Lightheaded, dont know what with TomTom but u can test it and let us know.
01-12-15, 07:12 PM   #5
Svegan
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Already reported

I posted this issue about 1 month ago. Pictures up on the github site. No other addons running, and the arrow runs away, during a fight, or after the congratulatory message is given for quest completion.
01-12-15, 07:23 PM   #6
blackpups
A Fallenroot Satyr
Yes, and after installing the github version, it is still happening.
01-20-15, 07:58 AM   #7
Svegan
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

rckann created a macro, to reset hud position. change the numbers to have it relocate back on screen in a spot you like.

/carb winpos nxhud 150 150
01-21-15, 12:17 AM   #8
Chazzfazzle
A Murloc Raider

Hands down that is the most useful macro I have ever made. Kudos.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Quests Module » BUG: Tracking HUD permanently disappears periodically