A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You know its true.
11-22-06, 01:03 AM   #362
Nepenthes
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by smurfy
Got no key yet but i was busy on the ptr realm so i was able to release some new versions

But some users reported some bugs that i cant test because they on the beta server so i had to wait
In my opinion don't even bother trying out mods on the PTR. Assuming you can log in you're looking at about 5 minutes between resets most of the time - Bliz seriously underestimated the number of people desperate to try the new talents and so on when they setup the single test realm.

If I get a beta-key I'll see what I can do for mod rewriting/creating; I'm particularly interested in playing a bit with this new "focus" target since I think that will make trivial some things that used to be near impossible.
11-22-06, 02:20 AM   #363
smurfy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Nepenthes
In my opinion don't even bother trying out mods on the PTR. Assuming you can log in you're looking at about 5 minutes between resets most of the time - Bliz seriously underestimated the number of people desperate to try the new talents and so on when they setup the single test realm.
hm i'm on the eu testrealm . Most of the time (at the weekend i tested) you have a wait time of ~30 minutes but its look quite stable... but i can test most of my mods and function in a city so i don't must go into a instance, big raid group. so it's work for me.

only if i need to test some in combat stuff its pretty hard to find some not allready killed mobs

the main problem is that at the beta server the version is different than the version at the ptr. so you think it should work at bc too but it doesn't. And you not able to find the bug/problem.

bye smurfy
11-23-06, 01:55 PM   #364
leethal
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
EDIT: Never mind about this. When accessing the signup page afterwards, the ID and e-mail appeared. If anyone got very little to do, it might be a good idea to fix that little bug.

I'm lazy and don't feel a lot like reading 38 pages of forum posts. As I couldn't find any news about this being closed, or any info on the first couple of pages of this thread, I'll be nasty and ask:

I just got my addon approved. Selfish as I am, I immediatly went to the beta key signup page, entered e-mail adress and chose "EU" at those checkboxes. I got no error messages or anything, but the confirmation page went:

Thank you very much for your application for a World of Warcraft Burning Crusades beta key and for using our site to host your mods. Your name has been added to our list and will be submitted to Blizzard shortly.

Your ID number:
Email address we sent to Blizzard:
Yes, that's what it said. I haven't removed the ID and e-mail to keep it secret, the confirmation page simply didn't gief any ID.

Should I be worried?

Last edited by leethal : 11-23-06 at 02:00 PM.
11-23-06, 05:20 PM   #365
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by leethal
EDIT: Never mind about this. When accessing the signup page afterwards, the ID and e-mail appeared. If anyone got very little to do, it might be a good idea to fix that little bug.
Who says it is a bug? That's rather presumptuous of you.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
11-23-06, 05:21 PM   #366
Nickenyfiken
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by leethal

I'm lazy and don't feel a lot like reading 38 pages of forum posts. As I couldn't find any news about this being closed, or any info on the first couple of pages of this thread, I'll be nasty and ask:

I just got my addon approved. Selfish as I am, I immediatly went to the beta key signup page, entered e-mail adress and chose "EU" at those checkboxes. I got no error messages or anything, but the confirmation page went:

Yes, that's what it said. I haven't removed the ID and e-mail to keep it secret, the confirmation page simply didn't gief any ID.

Should I be worried?
Same happen to me. But the next time i updated my addon and clicked the signup button the ID and email was there. I think its not shown the first time but you are added anyway.
11-24-06, 05:27 AM   #367
leethal
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Cairenn
Who says it is a bug? That's rather presumptuous of you.
Well, something that goes "here is the value:" and doesn't show a value sounds a lot like a bug to me. Or at least a flaw.
11-24-06, 07:40 AM   #368
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Well, had you read, you have seen where we didn't originally make that information available and added it later after there were some problems. You would also have seen where we said that you needed to go back and reclick the button to find out your information.
11-24-06, 08:34 AM   #369
leethal
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Hm, since the issue has been brought up: if it had been flawless, it'd say "value here: [refresh to see the value]". Most users, including me, doesn't really read the text, they try to find the shortest route possible trough the vast amount of text most websites present to them. But, I admit me posting about it was lazy, should have tried a refresh first. And I don't really try to prove you wrong here, I'm just saying.
11-24-06, 11:03 AM   #370
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
I will agree that perhaps it could be better worded on the page itself. However, do consider everything we have been dealing with, with this whole thing. It's been headache after hassle after problem after annoyance. As I said, we originally didn't provide that information. But when things weren't going as smoothly as hoped for, we wrote a hasty script to allow you guys access to that info, to help cut down on the number of PMs and emails we were receiving. Trust me when I tell you, a little thing like that really hasn't been a huge concern. Less than professional attitude, I admit it, but there you have it. Next time (hoping that there will be a next time), we'll know better what it is going to be like and be better prepared.
11-24-06, 03:53 PM   #371
Stu
A Defias Bandit
im in at #514 EU is there some problem at the moment?
11-24-06, 04:41 PM   #372
Defian
A Fallenroot Satyr
Im 200 ahead of you and havent gotten mine either. Patience.
11-25-06, 08:55 AM   #373
Xisuthros
A Cyclonian

473, still nothing...

Im loosing hope now
11-26-06, 05:04 PM   #374
Pneumatus
A Kobold Labourer
#427 EU here, still no sign of a key... is there any update?
11-26-06, 08:53 PM   #375
Nepenthes
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Cairenn
I will agree that perhaps it could be better worded on the page itself. However, do consider everything we have been dealing with, with this whole thing. It's been headache after hassle after problem after annoyance.
I appreciate all the effort you're going to here Cair, even if I don't actually have a beta key yet. (548 US) Thanks for putting up with all this hassle for us and it's a shame Blizzard are so slow getting the keys generated.

- Nep
11-27-06, 03:32 AM   #376
Xisuthros
A Cyclonian

473, still nothing...

Can't go on PTR's =/
11-27-06, 03:41 AM   #377
Nickenyfiken
A Murloc Raider
I guess blizzard can release new keys in the pace they want. My guess is they don't want more players in the beta yet...
11-28-06, 02:55 PM   #378
Munksgaard
A Murloc Raider
Thats quite uncool, i was so looking forward to get a key

#673 on EU
11-29-06, 12:23 AM   #379
jshadoww
A Fallenroot Satyr
I wish I could find the screenshot of the gm telling this guy that he would recieve his key the first week in January ROFL....i really hope thats not the case for us.
11-29-06, 01:24 AM   #380
Tenge
A Murloc Raider
Thanks again, Cairenn, as many above me have said.

I know it's a bit late in the game now, with the end of November looming. I'm sitting on #669 (US), so just wondering whether that batch has been submitted.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » Massive Mod Author Burning Crusade Beta Key Give-Away and more!