10-27-10, 04:54 PM   #1
theredviola
A Defias Bandit
Cata log-in music

While I have my reservations about the log in music for Cata (being a professional musician and a music teacher), I'll just sum it up and say that it is alright and I do like it. However, what worries me is that the theme takes so long to get the the "recognizable" part with the vocals and that it won't be heard that much - if at all during Cata. I loved Wrath's log in music (to this day, I'm not tired of it).

What I am requesting is an add-on (is possible) to start the log in track about 1 min 30 sec into the track upon the loading of the log in screen so the main "shattering/deathwing" theme can be heard.
10-27-10, 05:12 PM   #2
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
While I have my reservations about the log in music for Cata (being a professional musician and a music teacher), I'll just sum it up and say that it is alright and I do like it. However, what worries me is that the theme takes so long to get the the "recognizable" part with the vocals and that it won't be heard that much - if at all during Cata. I loved Wrath's log in music (to this day, I'm not tired of it).

What I am requesting is an add-on (is possible) to start the log in track about 1 min 30 sec into the track upon the loading of the log in screen so the main "shattering/deathwing" theme can be heard.
An addon cannot do this, although you can replace the sound file with your own.
10-27-10, 05:17 PM   #3
zero-kill
A Firelord

Part 2 of this answer would naturally be, that since you may replace the login music, all you would need to do is somehow legally obtain the song you currently like that plays normally at the login screen and edit out the part you don't want.
10-27-10, 05:20 PM   #4
theredviola
A Defias Bandit
thanks for the quick responses. I'll think on those ideas.
10-27-10, 07:27 PM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, you've already legally obtained the song by installing a legal copy of World of Warcraft, since the song is included in the game's data files, and though you technically don't have the right to modify it, as long as you were distributing the modified file, I don't think anyone (including Blizzard) would care, even if they knew about it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Cata log-in music