07-25-15, 04:57 AM   #1
alikim
A Fallenroot Satyr
How to make an inventory?

As far as I understand there is CharacterFrame that works as inventory and then there is InspectFrame that also works that way. They use inventory functions like GetInventoryItemLink("unit", slot) or GetInventorySlotInfo("slotName") that work with both frames, so how these inventory functions know which frame to work with?

How do I make my own frame that will count as inventory and I could call these functions on my own buttons and slots? Do I have to inherit a certain template? Or register some frame/button as a slot?

Thank you!
07-25-15, 05:27 AM   #2
Lombra
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The frames use the API, not the other way around. Frames are irrelevant; all you need to do is pass the appropriate arguments. For inspect data, the unit argument is something other than "player".
07-25-15, 06:51 AM   #3
alikim
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Lombra View Post
The frames use the API, not the other way around. Frames are irrelevant; all you need to do is pass the appropriate arguments. For inspect data, the unit argument is something other than "player".
Ah, ok, thank you!

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » How to make an inventory?