10-04-07, 04:25 PM   #1
Bellator
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Salt Shaker Cool Down

Finally reached a point where I needed to use my Salt Shaker and it has a 3 day cool down! OK so here is the first question, is that 3 day cool down, RL days? When I place the cursor over the shaker I don't get the usual clock like timer with the Hearthstone. If there is no clock timer how do I tell when the shaker is ready again? I mean, just guess at 3 days and try it?

Thanks for your help all.

Bellator
10-04-07, 04:36 PM   #2
jonathon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
it is my understanding that it is 3 real days, but since the game clock also runs on 24 hours it is also 3 virtual days, but I ramble....

There are a few mods, names escape me now, that will keep track of such things. But when the time gets down to a reasonable number it should start to show a time limit left.
10-04-07, 04:41 PM   #3
X-buZZ
A Kobold Labourer
Hi there,

it is a real 72 hours (3 days) cooldown on the saltshaker. I don't know why you are not getting the cooldown time displayed correctly. Perhaps you should try OmniCC for displaying it correctly on your buttons.

Unfortunately every tradeskill addon i have tried out so far does not track and announce the saltshaker anymore. I don't know why but i can imagine that this is because the 3 days cooldown ist not realy on the saltshaker itself but on the character who used it. (Yes you can use the saltshaker, get a 3 days cooldown on the char but you can give it to another char and he does NOT have this cooldown).

Perhaps some addon guru can take a look at this.

Best regards
X-buZZ
10-05-07, 04:57 AM   #4
Bellator
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Logged in last evening and the clock timer is working just fine. No idea what was going on, only 1 day left, lol.

Thanks all.

Bellator

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Salt Shaker Cool Down