07-28-05, 09:13 PM   #21
Xylan Trueheart
Premium Member
Premium Member
Thanks mondoz

Thanks for pointing out the mod MarsProfessionOrganizer and I am aware of it. However I do have a ton of recipes and to be honest too lazy to do all the sorting myself It was a suggestion I was hoping that someone could do along the lines of SortEnchant.
07-29-05, 10:36 AM   #22
mondoz
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Xylan Trueheart
Thanks for pointing out the mod MarsProfessionOrganizer and I am aware of it. However I do have a ton of recipes and to be honest too lazy to do all the sorting myself It was a suggestion I was hoping that someone could do along the lines of SortEnchant.

I wasn't t thrilled about that either. I have almost every alchemy recipe out there, (I think I'm missing 3 flasks, and an AD potion or two) so it took forever to sort all mine, but it was worth it in the end to have it exactly how I want it.
Using copy and paste made it go a lot faster.

I went through all the cooking recipes (there's way too many of them) and sorted out the ones that give you stamina/sipirt bonuses vs. the health-only ones, vs. the several that boost other stats and have other effects. It really made a difference.

/thread hijack - sorry!
07-29-05, 12:31 PM   #23
Random
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You might not want to worry about WoWEcon compatiblity as it hasen't been updated in months and no longer works for me and a lot of other people.
08-07-05, 09:20 AM   #24
cirathorn
A Murloc Raider
Adspace 1600.3

Grabbed it and installed it, Have all the dependencies (ENHtooltip, and Auctioneer) and nada.

Tried grabbing older versions and walkign up to the newest one, but still nada.

Suggestions?

(cross posted from teh official WoW UI forum)
08-08-05, 04:07 AM   #25
Shalkis
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Support for WoWGuru UI patcher?

Gazmik, I was asked to relay the following request by an aspiring young troll engineer. She is a big fan of you and puts your inventions into productive (and profibable) use every day. Here is the message:
Hi Gazmik!

I love yer gadgets. In fact, I canna wait to see wat improvements you come up wit next, so I began thinkin' of a way to deliver yer latest inventions straight for yer existing customers. After a bit of research, I found dat de inventors from WoWGuru have already completed a working DeliveryBot.

I looked at de schematics, and from wat I understood, it would be pretty simple to modify yer inventions a bit to support de DeliveryBot. Ya just need to place an "ex-em-el" beacon in each of yer inventions for de bot to know wat can be delivered, and an another "ex-em-el" beacon at yer workshop so dat de bot knows were to pick up improved versions of yer inventions.

Signed,
Shalkis
08-18-05, 01:27 PM   #26
Gazmik
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Catching up...

Originally Posted by Kaelten
KC_Auction has a interface to pull prices and what not from it...
I've been working on getting ReagentCost and ShoppingList capable of using KC_Items today, and it's looking good so far... except for one problem. KC_Items doesn't store the buy-from-vendor price for anything, only the sell-to-vendor price.

RC uses the former to calculate (well, maybe more "estimate") what it'd cost you to craft an item assuming you had none of the materials. (That seems to be the best baseline for determining the profitability of an item, even if you're more likely to have mined/herbed/etc. most of the mats.) Most tradeskill recipes involve supplies generally purchased through vendors (thread, flux, coal, vials, dye, etc.); it generally doesn't make sense to try to get them from AH, so I use the vendor price for those items in my cost total.

There's no fixed relationship between buy-from-vendor and sell-to-vendor price, unfortunately... for some items it's 4x, for others it 10x, for others even more. For now I'm using the auction price from KC_Items (better than nothing), but it'd be nice to see it track buy-from-vendor prices in the future.

Originally Posted by Shalkis/Sharlanth
After a bit of research, I found dat de inventors from WoWGuru have already completed a working DeliveryBot...
Hm... I've generally not been pleased with such tools, as they only can serve a subset of potential customers. However, this one shows promise, what with having an open format and all (meaning similar tools could be easily created to serve the people this can't). I'll look into it for my next releases.

Originally Posted by cirathorn
Grabbed it and installed it, Have all the dependencies (ENHtooltip, and Auctioneer) and nada.
Sounds like your issue was resolved at one of the many other places you posted... also sounds like it might have had something to do with EnhTooltip not working so great when not accompanied by Auctioneer or Enchantrix. Looks like Kaelten contributed a fix for some of that, and I'll be rolling it into my next releases.
08-18-05, 09:49 PM   #27
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
I'm going to be including vendor buy price tracking into my next release if I can figure it out.

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with
08-19-05, 05:47 PM   #28
Gazmik
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Auctioneer's vendor-buy prices seem to be just a premade list of the canonical (faction discounts ignored) pricing for items... no fancy tracking. Hmm, since there aren't that many vendor-bought crafting reagents, maybe I should track just those in ReagentCost for now.
08-19-05, 09:08 PM   #29
Gazmik
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Okay, another request for Kaelten... I'd like to be able to make my ShoppingList mod as auction-tracker-agnostic as I'm working on for ReagentCost, but currently Auctioneer is the only mod I've seen that knows the difference between "auctions currently in progress" and historical price-summary data. (Which is rather important for its feature of being able to point out which current auctions have prices substantially better than the norm.)

I see you've lately started gathering all the auction data into a "snapshot" so you can analyze it before integrating it into your price history... if you kept this around instead of nil'ing it out once done with it, I could use it for my deal-finding feature. (You don't even have to worry about saving it across sessions, as this sort of comparison only makes sense soon after a scan anyway.) It'd also be a step towards being competitive with Auctioneer's "broker" features (which my employees at the auction houses would be lost without).
08-19-05, 09:51 PM   #30
Devla
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I just wanted to applaud you two for trying to work together.

This is awesome
08-20-05, 04:26 AM   #31
Nightngale
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs up Agreed!

Just for that reason I tried some time ago to get in touch with Gazmik...
which can be a bit of trouble... looking at the wrong places

Very to see you work together!

This is going to get beyond
08-22-05, 11:12 PM   #32
PtViper
A Kobold Labourer
Just a quick question about EnchantSeller. I've been trying to figure out the required syntax for using the /es whisper <user> [<slot>] and I cant seem to. I've tried /es whisper 'Bob' 'Chest' /es whisper bob chest and many other variants. Is this command case sensative and is there any characters required before certain fields? (other than the leading / to initiate the command)
09-13-05, 04:19 PM   #33
Random
Wow, I love the new Feed-O-Matic! BTW, you should stop by www.WoWAce.com sometime and check it out, we'd love to see you there.
09-13-05, 04:24 PM   #34
Gazmik
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Happy Patch Day, everyone!

In addition to verifying compatibility and bumping TOCs to 1700, I've made a few additions:
  • AdSpace advertises the Darkmoon Faire when you look at some of the junk they'll exchange for tickets.
  • Disenchant Predictor can show predictions for what items can disenchant into (as opposed to just what certain items can be disenchanted from).
  • Hunter's Helper has data on the new pet abilities and where to find them (collected by players on the test realms).
  • Bug fixes and other corrections in Enchant Seller and ReagentCost
  • A brand new gizmo: Feed-O-Matic, the ultimate tool for automating pet-food management for Hunters.

Also, I've refined the common parts shared by all my works, so all of them should run more smoothly now. Enjoy!

Originally Posted by PtViper
Just a quick question about EnchantSeller. I've been trying to figure out the required syntax for using the /es whisper <user> [<slot>] and I cant seem to. I've tried /es whisper 'Bob' 'Chest' /es whisper bob chest and many other variants. Is this command case sensative and is there any characters required before certain fields? (other than the leading / to initiate the command)
Currently, Enchant Seller only advertises (whether by spam or by whisper) the enchantments you can perform at that moment; it won't list enchants youd don't have materials for. (And as of the 1600.5 release, it now returns an error message instead of nothing if you can't currently do any of the enchants you asked it to advertise.) If you're still seeing nothing at all when you type '/es whisper bob chest', please let me know -- that shouldn't be happening. And yes, I'll look into an option to advertise enchants you don't have materials for.

Last edited by Gazmik : 09-13-05 at 04:47 PM. Reason: extra notes
09-13-05, 04:29 PM   #35
Random
Good news, and good updates. As I said earlier, I really like the new Feed-O-Matic and you should stop by and visit us
09-15-05, 07:42 PM   #36
gvozden
A Kobold Labourer
Is it possible to create shopping list for tradeskills, like compare what you know and after auctioneer completes show what you don't have.

Not sure if this can be expanded into all recipes to show which are faction or not.

Regarding shopping list could we add field who needs it.

[Elemental Fire] CharacterName (if not name specified assume current one)

Thanks for all neat toys master Gazmik.
09-17-05, 03:53 PM   #37
Random
Hey Gazmik, just wanted to remind you with 1.7 out, you can remove any stub xml files you use, not sure if any of your addons do, but if they do, you should remove em
09-17-05, 04:00 PM   #38
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Originally Posted by Random
Hey Gazmik, just wanted to remind you with 1.7 out, you can remove any stub xml files you use, not sure if any of your addons do, but if they do, you should remove em
hehe random are you obessive compulsive? or is it just me?

um wait... did I say that righ....

oh well

<grins>

09-17-05, 04:46 PM   #39
Random
I like things a certain way... is that so bad? =P
09-17-05, 05:04 PM   #40
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
na, I guess not.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Gazmik Fizzwidget's UI Addons