09-25-07, 08:12 PM   #1
fyrye
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Patch 2.2 Bug Fixes ONLY

In a hopes to fix some of the issues for those who want to play asap, and help Mazzle narrow down the search on the bugs I am composing a "quick fix" thread.
Please only post fixes here, no questions or reports please, post those on the bug reports thread

If you need a tutorial on how to add the changes below, read here

AddOns\MazzleUI\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua
Line: 24-27
Code:
self:assert(not self.frameName, "Only one frame per library instance!")
self:assert(name, "must declare a name for the menu!")
self:assert(not getglobal(name),name.." already exists!")

to

assert(not self.frameName, "Only one frame per library instance!")
assert(name, "must declare a name for the menu!")
assert(not getglobal(name),name.." already exists!")
and Line: 41
Code:
self:assert(not useArray or (useArray and #startid < rows*cols),name.." does not have enough allocated ID's!")

to

assert(not useArray or (useArray and #startid < rows*cols),name.." does not have enough allocated ID's!")
and Line: 215
Code:
self:assert(self.frameName, "No frame to modify!")

to

assert(self.frameName, "No frame to modify!")
Xloot fixed by WAU

Last edited by fyrye : 10-10-07 at 01:51 PM.
09-25-07, 09:06 PM   #2
Huriana
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hey, do you have any fixes for the context menu? Or any possible way to fix it.. its showing up as all vanish for mine, a tad annoying, or I can just keep it hidden, the stuff on it wasn't Hidden, thanks in advance.
09-25-07, 09:17 PM   #3
Huriana
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
No, I haven't, I guess I should look through the threads before asking a question that has already been answered, my bad.
09-25-07, 10:18 PM   #4
Kasaka
A Murloc Raider
I got a bug when I was trying to place new spells into the bongo bars. This is how I fixed it

AddOns\DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_Element.lua
Line:254
Code:
UnitFrame_OnEnter();

to

UnitFrame_OnEnter(self.frame);
09-25-07, 10:46 PM   #5
Morpheusdead
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Kasaka
I got a bug when I was trying to place new spells into the bongo bars. This is how I fixed it

Code:
UnitFrame_OnEnter();

to

Made this change and get this error on mouseover of player model

DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_Element.lua:254: attempt to index global 'self' (a nil value)
<string>:"*:OnEnter":1: in function <[string "*:OnEnter"]:1>

---

and yes i changed it exactly as you said simply inserted self.frame between the () on line 254 using notepad++ editor
09-25-07, 11:17 PM   #6
cinyc
A Murloc Raider
I did that first change listed above for the context menu. Worked great. The only issue I have now is since I did that if / when I page bongos (go up or down a action bar) it will randomly fill those paged bar(s) with Power Word shield then if I use the context menu it opens up full with the icon of Power Word shield.
09-26-07, 12:36 AM   #7
Morpheusdead
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Kasaka

Code:
UnitFrame_OnEnter();

to

Ok check it out that doesnt work but here is what does after playing around with it a bit more and trial and error I found there are two Duf files that need to be changed.

Code:
UnitFrame_OnEnter();

to

UnitFrame_OnEnter(frame);
And also

AddOns\DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_UnitFrame.lua
Line:268
Code:
UnitFrame_OnEnter();

to

After making these changes you get no more duf errors and more importantly you get your mouseover tooltips back over the duf frames the self.frame param will not work because he has not defined it in his lua code and I don't know how but i know this works try it 8)
09-26-07, 01:05 AM   #8
fyrye
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Xloot is now fixed by using the WAU
09-26-07, 01:12 AM   #9
alenda
A Cliff Giant

WTB A fix for the pre-set button layouts that make every spell the first one on your first bar, and fills up your context menu.
09-26-07, 01:21 AM   #10
ShikyoHayabusa
A Murloc Raider
I put this in the Bug reports section to deal with the paging problem hunters and I am sure everyone has.. And yes.. its simple.. but its temporary too!

I'm sure this is gunna sound simple and silly. However, if you have the space, create a new bar (As a hunter at least) with your extra attacks and add Attack, Raptor Strike and Mongoose bite using the Bongos options.. and turn the paging off on Bar 1... This at least temporarily fixes said problem, and sure while you have to click on raptor strike and mongoose bite when they are needed.. how often do you get into long range combat. This is how Im currently opperating and I am doing well!

Just a quick thought for a quick fix!
09-26-07, 01:40 AM   #11
Verissi
Premium Member

Found a little-mentioned change on page 11 of the 2.2 changes thread:

The action buttons were optimized a bit for 2.2, and ActionButton_Update() is no longer automatically called in OnUpdate. If you have an action bar mod using state headers, you may want to call the new ActionButton_UpdateAction() from your button's OnUpdate.
Subsequently, altering the OnAttributeChanged SetScript in ContextMenu.lua fixed my context menu to display properly.

Sorry for no line numbers (this isn't my programming machine, so I lack reasonable editors), but change:
Code:
btn:SetScript("OnAttributeChanged", ActionButton_Update)
To:
Code:
btn:SetScript("OnAttributeChanged", ActionButton_UpdateAction)
I'm still looking into the paging problems in Bongos to see if a related problem is involved. This is painfully easy to test on a shadow priest, since any paging at all turns my shadowform button into a renew cast
09-26-07, 01:42 AM   #12
fyrye
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Line 180 of AddOns\MazzleUI\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua of
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...4&postcount=11
Fixes the Context Menu showing the flooded spell icon in each button.

Very nice, I tried the same for AutoBar with no results, though I do know it has something to do with it. This could also fix cyCircled. If there are issues with it.

The create of AutoBar is currently looking into the issue, so it is known.

Last edited by fyrye : 09-27-07 at 06:49 PM.
09-26-07, 01:55 AM   #13
myxyzxo
A Defias Bandit
I have done everything that has been mentioned on this post. And yet I am still unable to get the Mazzify to load and configure properly..Please advise. TYVM
09-26-07, 01:56 AM   #14
Verissi
Premium Member

Originally Posted by fyrye
Line 180 of AddOns\MazzleUI\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua

Very nice, I tried the same for AutoBar with no results, though I do know it has something to do with it. This could also fix cyCircled. If there are issues with it.
AutoBar has some other issues as well and, frankly, I just have a mental block against reading the code for that one, so I'm ignoring it . On the plus side, the author has noted the problems and posted that he's working on a fix now.
09-26-07, 02:11 AM   #15
Verissi
Premium Member

A fix for the tooltip error when mousing over context menu buttons as well:

Change line 145 in ContextMenu.lua from:
Code:
ActionButton_SetTooltip();
To:
Code:
ActionButton_SetTooltip(self);
That should clear up all of the errors that I've found with using the context menu

Last edited by Verissi : 09-26-07 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention the filename. Yeah, I'm tired...
09-26-07, 10:04 AM   #16
Kasaka
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Morpheusdead
Ok check it out that doesnt work but here is what does after playing around with it a bit more and trial and error I found there are two Duf files that need to be changed.

Code:
UnitFrame_OnEnter();

to

And also

AddOns\DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_UnitFrame.lua
Line:268
Code:
UnitFrame_OnEnter();

to

After making these changes you get no more duf errors and more importantly you get your mouseover tooltips back over the duf frames the self.frame param will not work because he has not defined it in his lua code and I don't know how but i know this works try it 8)
self.frame worked for me, frame worked for you... looking at the update to DUF they used self... LOL
09-26-07, 02:39 PM   #17
fyrye
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

DUF Fixes

To fix Discord unit frames
Follow this link http://www.wowinterface.com/download...sfixedfor2.2.3
then http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...&postcount=177 to fix the text issues

Last edited by fyrye : 10-26-07 at 06:44 PM.
09-26-07, 02:39 PM   #18
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

You can remove the .svn folder from nQuestLog. Mazzle put it in there because he made some changes (a fix to something that I can't remember off the top of my head) to it that someone else later merged into the nQuestLog svn. You should do just fine with updating nQuestLog, however, I have not updated it and am not experiencing the 0 fps issue. I did have my fps drop briefly the first time that I clicked on one of the quests opening LightHeaded, but it only dropped to about 10 and then resumed my normal 30 after just a few seconds.
09-26-07, 02:52 PM   #19
fyrye
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by meio
You can remove the .svn folder from nQuestLog. Mazzle put it in there because he made some changes (a fix to something that I can't remember off the top of my head) to it that someone else later merged into the nQuestLog svn. You should do just fine with updating nQuestLog, however, I have not updated it and am not experiencing the 0 fps issue. I did have my fps drop briefly the first time that I clicked on one of the quests opening LightHeaded, but it only dropped to about 10 and then resumed my normal 30 after just a few seconds.
Confirmed WAU fixes the 0 FPS issues after deleting the svn, though I'm not sure what Mazzlefizz changed, so I put back my snippet copy just in case. You would have had to open up nQuestLog and a few quests in the UI for the issue to arise, which lead me to believe it wasnt closing out properly, so far seems true when I played with it for a minute as opposed to the 10 seconds it originally lagged on me.
Not sure about lightheaded at all though I assume the cache of quest level data was loading when you tried it, if it becomes a pain, try defragmenting.

Last edited by fyrye : 09-26-07 at 02:54 PM.
09-26-07, 06:09 PM   #20
RykerXXX
A Defias Bandit
Quick question about nQuest, I have the fps problem and I don't see where the .svn folder is to delete. Any suggestions?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Patch 2.2 Bug Fixes ONLY