01-15-07, 10:33 AM   #1
techsgtchen
A Theradrim Guardian

2.0.5 Patch

Background: My old computer's pwr supply went bellyup. So while that is getting fixed I installed WoW on a different computer that can run it just fine as well. I had it WoW installed on it previously up to 1.12

Today: So I spend a few hours updated to 2.0.1 but I know it's a big patch so no biggy. The game then updates to 2.0.3 and it's doing fine. Then it updates to 2.0.4 and suddenly I get "unable to connect". I click on help and obviously Blizzard's idea of help is to blame me and my computer; btw, if any blizzard employees are reading this, AWESOME customer service btw, blaming your customer as a default is 'sure' to win you some points. Anyhow, I look on Blizzard's forums and find a 2.0.5 Mirror link. I dl and install that and still same problem "unable to connect". Now I am going back to Blizzard's tech support forums and I can't log in. I read some of the posts and I wonder why... a LOT of people are throwing caution to the wind and letting Blizzard really know what they think.

Question: Is this "Unable to Connect" thing something I have to fix? or do I just wait for Blizzard to figure out how to add 2+2 again. I love the game but but there are other companies that have 'proven' that updating a MMORG is not as hard as Blizzard makes it out to be.
01-15-07, 10:55 AM   #2
PathMaster
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I haven't had any problem whatsoever. In case you didn't see this.

Our updates have concluded and players with both client versions should now be able to log in. In order to alleviate the issue we are now delaying the release of the 2.0.5 patch until we can provide an alternate means of distribution. The realms are accepting clients using both versions, so those of you who have already updated to 2.0.5 need not take any further action. We’re currently planning to get everyone else updated to 2.0.5 by Monday. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience this caused in your normally scheduled play time.
Seeing as how this, is different PC. Firewall on? Check configuration if so. Check other games' online playability. Some troubleshooting might help fix. I am assuming you have not done any of this, if you have disregard.

I think for the most part, its a YMMV thing. I have a guildmate that was getting a 303 error every time he logged onto our RP-PvP server, yet when he logged onto a PvP server, nothing went wrong. Other friend blamed Blizzard for his D/C's. Yet never looked at his ISP, later found it to be his ISP having problems. I have not had a problem at all, this all coming from a Dial-up WoW player.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » 2.0.5 Patch