01-23-14, 07:07 PM   #21
10leej
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well I'm going to if anything for personal stuff. I got a job as a support rep for the game so I might as well learn how the ui works.

They actually have a lua and XML class lined up for me next week as well. I'll keep ya guys posted if you need anything btw though I would be the last to know any news.

Last edited by 10leej : 01-24-14 at 10:59 PM.
01-26-14, 06:32 AM   #22
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

Unfortunately, I've already had to add the Elder Scrolls Online to my long list of disappointing MMO's. It feels very rushed and uninspired—definitely not worth the price of admission.
02-08-14, 12:25 PM   #23
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

I just know there is also this side http://elderscrollsonline.com/en
02-08-14, 12:27 PM   #24
Duugu
Premium Member

Nevermind. Got the interface files. ty

e: http://elderscrollsonline.com/en has no forum or community or I'm to stupid to find it. :/

Last edited by Duugu : 02-08-14 at 01:01 PM.
02-10-14, 04:59 PM   #25
suicidalkatt
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

ESO is like most of the new MMO's that have been coming out, heavy in voice over and lacking content.

I'm currently in the beta and the game play isn't anything new or inventive. 3 specs per class and they go straight down in a line of upgradeable spells (obviously may change due to still being in beta but still...).

Right off the bat most of the info you need is not available. Health / enery / etc are just a bar and no text amount displayed.

They're going to release an API page at some point but until then they do, they don't go into any details about where addons are stored or their minimum requirements to create one.
02-10-14, 05:11 PM   #26
Duugu
Premium Member

Well, their UI is stored under \The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\EsoUI\Ingame
There's an ingame.txt that contains all the lua and XML filenames + the path to them.

My guess is that it you have to add the path to the game directory, then add your addon to the ingame.txt and place a XML+lua file into your new addon folder. Something like that. I'm sure a bit of trial an error is enough to get it working.

The basic API and XML structure is inside their ui files.

E: Just to be sure: I'm just speculating. I don't know or tried anything.

Last edited by Duugu : 02-10-14 at 05:14 PM.
02-10-14, 07:41 PM   #27
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
The esoUI folder doesn't exist unless you have been given access to it I guess. I'm on the volunteers list but not been chosen yet so thus do not have the folder in existence on my install.

Just finished my 3 day test run of the game, loved every minute of it. Did my feedback and bug reports and awaiting the usual survey and await the next beta weekend.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
02-10-14, 09:22 PM   #28
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Just finished my 3 day test run of the game, loved every minute of it. Did my feedback and bug reports and awaiting the usual survey and await the next beta weekend.
I'm glad to here that there is someone else enjoying the game as much as I do. I hope to get invited to the next beta weekend too!
02-10-14, 11:59 PM   #29
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I plan on making some simple addons for it, whenever they let people get their hands dirty coding. I've not as of yet seen any API documentation, so I'm awaiting that.
I hope, considering the robust Skyrim modability, they have a pretty mod-able UI. We'll have to wait and see.
I can already think of dozens of addons the UI might need for many people who are used to the more traditional MMO setup.
Here's how the basic UI looks, for reference:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfpYnehJ5TE
This is the latest Dev Play session, posted by Zenimax.
02-11-14, 12:27 AM   #30
10leej
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Duugu View Post
Well, their UI is stored under \The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\EsoUI\Ingame
There's an ingame.txt that contains all the lua and XML filenames + the path to them.

My guess is that it you have to add the path to the game directory, then add your addon to the ingame.txt and place a XML+lua file into your new addon folder. Something like that. I'm sure a bit of trial an error is enough to get it working.

The basic API and XML structure is inside their ui files.

E: Just to be sure: I'm just speculating. I don't know or tried anything.
It's planned to be a different format before release it's like that for testing purposes.

I've heard nothing official BTW. I'll keep ya guys posted when I do (that's really all I'm allowed to tell you as well NDA's can be frustrating).

Kinda feels awesome to get paid to play games btw

Last edited by 10leej : 02-11-14 at 12:30 AM. Reason: NDA edits so my boss doesn't kill me
02-12-14, 05:24 PM   #31
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Zygor has announced a leveling guide for ESO, for those interested. No screenshots as of this writing.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Elder Scrolls Online! Who will make Addons?